posted on May, 12 2007 @ 11:26 PM
How to occupy the United States
Once you've conquered it.
1. Divide up the nation into a patchwork of small administrative units of about 50,000 people a piece. NEVER AGAIN acknowledge the previous system
of federal and state governments. Just refer to Tulsa, Buckhead, or Friendship Heights as if they were totally independent units.
2. Cut off electricity (and thus water) to various neighborhoods/districts, until they swear fealty to you. Stop all rail traffic. Blow up highway
bridges and cloverleafs. This will limit any resistance movement's ability to mobilize. Your military equipment will be largely unaffected by the
dissolution of infrastructure. Focus on taking out cell phones. Radio traffic is much easier to monitor, since you are a military occupier.
3. Set up a tiered society, shaped like a wedding-cake. The elite have more and better resources, in direct correlation to how they help you. Begin
with the medical and law enforcement industries. Give universal healthcare, but only to people who've registered with the occupation government.
Clear out a neighborhood, then restore power and water to it. Now move in those ones who are useful to you.
4. Once you've "cleared" an area, set up gates and barriers so you control exits with checkpoints. Landmines will be tremendously useful in
setting up perimeters for containing pedestrians.
5. Sort out the people who are registered into categories. The Viet Cong discovered that just 5% of POWS caused all of the insurrections. Your job
will be to isolate the 5% that might be effective leadership. Coopt those you can, eradicate the rest.
6. Set up a social organization for your elite, modelled on the Soviet-era communist party. Have rewards based on adherence to the party line. If
you control the elite, you control the society. Keep them hungry, yet happy enough that they don't want to see any uprising succeed. You can appeal
to the elites by guarantying educational opportuinities for their kids, perks like special shopping areas in their districts, etc. If rebelling
against you means no more Venti Lattes, a lot of revolutionaries will just stay home.
7. Choke off the fuel supply. Get the huddled masses back to using coal-burning stoves for heat. America has tons of coal, and you can totally
control their access to it. This way, mere wood won't keep them warm--they need you. Plus, you can smell coal smoke a long way, making it hard to
locate a secret base in remote areas. Ending gasoline availability means that the masses cannot drive, and cannot get goods, except through you.
They must quit all jobs they cannot walk to. Now you have a huge unemployment problem. And you solve this by:
8. Subsistence farming.
This economic system reduces the number of liesure hours for the proles, which means they have less energy for rebellion. If you starve them a bit,
they really will stick to their jobs and not question much. Their only hope for advancement is to put their kids work, which means you don't have to
provide public education, and their kids will be ignorant of the breadth of your control. Working on a farm will also keep them ignorant of machinery
and weapons. The key in drier regions is to control irrigation water; that way, you just cut them off from sustenence when they rebel. Just the
threat of turning off the irrigation pumps will mean that rebels won't get any support (food) from local farmers.
9. A microphone network.
Install microphones and cameras everywhere, even if you cannot possibly man them. Urban police are using outdoor mikes to triangulate in on gunshots.
This will help you suppress revolt, and the cameras can help you monitor riots and demonstrations. They will also become a symbol.
10. Early Brutality, Subsequent leniency.
Machiavelli recommends being an extremely harsh occupier in the beginning, and people will thank you later, when you are more gracious. Having to
bare down when rebellion blooms only makes them angrier. Find ways to reward the cowards and bootlickers, while rooting out all signs of defiance.
Later, you can build a socialst mythology of "progressive workers' paradise" or whatever, but make it clear that dissent is short-lived.
There. How do YOU, as a survivalist, deal with that????