It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2006 Airshow July30th Windemere, UK

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2006 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Did anybody happen to see the air show held in windemere this year?

It was fantastic! It was by pure chance that i was able to see it.

We saw almost every RAF plane in service, Including the tornado. If you've ever had one of those fly over you, you know what a beast it really is. it sounds louder, far louder than thunder, almost deafening!

The power gives you a buzz as it flys past, it circled us at low level, then shot up vertically. I've never seen anything like it, truly amazing!!

There was then some ww2 planes, of course a spitfire, and a hurricane, and even a lancaster bomber!! Those things sound so weird! I've heard theres only 1 still flying as well.

Later in the day we saw some hawks, and then a real treat! A harrier wooed the crowd. it hovered over lake windemere and gradully came to a complete standstill. The most awesome thing i've ever seen, up until i saw the red arrows!!

It was quite funny, i proposed to my girlfriend the night before this, and one of my dreams would have been the red arrows to perform for her. Well i got my wish!! even though a day late. Some of the things they do makes you want to close your eyes, cause you think ot oh..there done for... oh and they drew a heart in the sky with a bow through it!

Anyways, i would highly reccomend anyone interested in seeing some fast jets, to head to the lakes. There always flying overhead, not just at airshows. One minute your in the quiet countryside the next a jet zooms over your head.

I'd be interested to hear if anyone else saw this airshow!

Oh and she said yes

posted on Dec, 15 2006 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Sounds like a great time! when is the next one on?

I have been to a few others in the UK, but not this one,

posted on Dec, 15 2006 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Airshows are always a real treat. Glad to hear you had a good time.

join