It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Categories and Classes of Situation X

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 02:07 AM
link   
After reading the zombie survival guide I found myself researching all the documented outbreaks that the book tells about in the back.

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 10:45 AM
link   
where do u get the (zombie)survival guide, or the most important parts at least??

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I am too lazy to calculate the odds on this but this is a nice one :

13 people a year are killed by vending machines falling on them.

www.webspawner.com...

Killer Coke Machines Take Over World : I would call it a Theoretical Class 4 : it could happen at any time....beware...

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 02:20 AM
link   
It's not that the millitary is safer than construction. It's just at birth these statistics apply. These are the chances you have at dying to each one. But once you find yourself in the millitary going off to war these statistics no longer apply.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 06:35 PM
link   
ww3 and civil war are one of my concerns.

worst case ever.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeusEx
No duct tape.

They started off giving me robutussin when I told them that I wasn't breathing at all when I was horizontal, almost. Eight bottles later, they realized it wasn't working and gave me sudafed. The only thing they got right was giving me ridiculous amounts of hycodan.

No bed rest, though. They don't believe in bed rest.

I'm also the platoon 'medic', having not only done well on the first aid courses, but having the honor of humping around the medkit. Know what's in there? Glowsticks, bandaids, and a facemask. Oh, and two rolls of gauze, and a half-roll of medtape.

They take care of boots real good.

DE

haha duuuude the military hospitals suck. Especially the army ones. I had a compound fracture of my clavicle and they sent me home with a bunch of percocet and told me just to give it a few weeks. (the bone was sticking out of my skin)

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 06:17 AM
link   
It really makes no difference what happens. Life will be tough. The pseudo-rambos who fantasize about it are as ridiculous as those who think there are zombies.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Categories of a possible Situation X

(Copy and paste the list to a wordprocesser program and then print out)

Tick all the boxes you think may apply to you and to where you live.

NATURAL DISASTERS

 Avalanche
 Coldfront
 Drought
 Earthquake
 Flood
 Fire (brushfire)
 Heatwave
 Hurricane – Severe Storm – Typhoon
 Landslide
 Snow – Snowstorm – Blizzard – Whiteout
 Tornado
 Tsunami – Tidal Wave
 Volcano – Lava – Pyroclastic Flow

LAW, TERRORISM and WAR

 Biological Warfare
 Chemical Warfare
 Civil Unrest – Mob Rule – Looting
 Civil War
 Crime – Gang War
 Genocide – Ethnic/racial Cleansing
 Global War
 Martial Law – Curfew
 National Emergency – Civil and Military
 Nuclear Warfare – Dirty Bombs
 Regional War
 Sabre Rattling – Military Standoff/posturing
 Terrorist Attacks

ECONOMIC & DOMESTIC

 Commodity Shortages – Food, Fuel, Medical Supplies, etc
 Chemical Spillage
 Fire (domestic)
 Hyper Inflation
 Industrial Action
 Interest Rate Rise – Mortgage Shortfall – Negative Equity
 Job Loss – Loss of Income
 Power Shortages – Blackouts, Power Breakage
 Transport Problems – Aircraft, Boats, Rail, Road – Bad weather, strikes, accidents
 Vehicle Breakdown

HEALTH RELATED

 Birth (non-hospital)
 Disease
 Heart Attack – CPR
 Pandemic
 Plague
 Trauma – Severe Wounds
 Virus

Look at the list above and think back over the past 10 to 20 years to see if some of these events have happened to YOU or in the area where YOU live.

It makes you think, doesn’t it?

[edit on 10/7/08 by Wotan]

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Wotan

Good compilation! Y'might add meteorite strike to the natural disasters. Another facet of the impact of these things is that a few of them can be anticipated, or at least the probability of them happening -- there is some warning, such as hurricane, the possibility of tornado... etc. I know that I'm less afraid of hurricanes than I was of earthquakes when I lived in a high seismic zone.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by argentus
reply to post by Wotan

Good compilation! Y'might add meteorite strike to the natural disasters. Another facet of the impact of these things is that a few of them can be anticipated, or at least the probability of them happening -- there is some warning, such as hurricane, the possibility of tornado... etc. I know that I'm less afraid of hurricanes than I was of earthquakes when I lived in a high seismic zone.

Thanks. I posted the list as I am tired of explaining to people on this forum why people stock up on things or prepare for things - so now we have a list that they can refer too .... that way, they can make their own judgements.

I was actually surprised, when i showed my missus this list and asked her to tick what might apply to us (She wasnt really into survivalism that much ... just humoured me) of how many she thought would. She has since changed her mind about survivalism somewhat and we live in the realitivly safe south of the UK ...... Just goes to show.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Looking back at Katrina, there are a couple things to be learned
>Help might be a long time coming
>People will be hungry and will try to take food and supplies by force

You must be ready to stand when disaster strikes, to stay alive.

Here is a Very basic Disaster Survival Kit (DiSK)

Water.
Obviously, you need water and in the case of most "natural" disasters,
tap water is undrinkable. First, you should have several days worth of
water stored in your house. Every person needs at least 1 gallon a day;
if you can store more, do it.

Food
Again, this is obvious. 2000 calories a day will keep you moving and you
just might lose some weight. Military MREs are perfect, high calorie food,
two a day will work. Freeze Dried camping meals are cheap and very easy
to store, but you need to cook them in nearly boiling water (propane stove) and taste like s***
Canned food (meat and fruit primarily) are also a viable alternative to starvation.

Medical
A First Aid Kit will probably do it unless someone there has higher medical training
than watching House every week. You know, gauze, Bandaids, a First Aid reference book, basic stuff like that. A Military survival manual will have helpful tips on
improvising medical supplies.

Defense
As I mentioned in the beginning, some people will try to take what you
have by force. A reliable means of defense is a must. Everyone has their own idea
of how to protect themselves, and I like guns. Usually a show of force will deter invaders
and a shotgun is a perfect CQB weapon.

Other Considerations
A disaster might occur any time and it may be wise to set rendezvous areas in case something happens in the day when you are all separated.

You might consider keeping a couple gallons of gas around.

In a survival situation, morale is everything.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aimless Searcher

So what kind of ailment can you treat with glowsticks?

Darkness. It's often hard to find the leak for the duct tape in the dark. Or you can use them to signal a helicopter to come in and medivac out. Or, if the glowsticks are flexible enough, you can use them for a tourniquet.

Other than that, I just don't know. My neice made herself glow in the dark, though, with some punctured glowsticks. Was rather spooky. Is that a zombie deterrent, glowing in the dark?

Regards-
Aimless

If you are worried about enemies picking you off due to the glow stick,
you dig a shallow hole nearby, shake n' break the glowstick if it is that
type and toss it in the shallow hole.

That way the ppl that can see the glowstick are in the rescue copter.

You make it where it is only visible almost only directly overhead,
but offset the hole from your postion so that long and short mortars
don't end up in your lap if you can predict the enemy field of fire.

Oh...Good Luck !

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by dr_strangecraft

Here's a fun site www.lastdaysjournal.com... it's basically like a myspace only the whole idea is that the world has suffered an outbreak of zombies. You make up stories about your survival and yadda yadda. Try to overlook the fact that the internet would very likely not exist anymore. My screen name is M.I. Immune. I haven't updated in awhile 'cuz I can't think of where else to take my story.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   
i find it quite funny that WARGAMES/THEORETICAL, is above economical meltdown, only because 4 is possible as we see now, but 5 would never happen, zombies as much fun as that would be, aint never gonna happen, alien invasion nope government keep that stuff under wraps, so to list # 5 as the worst POSSIBLE sitx is very funny. im prepared for any sitx, mentally bugged out and planed a while ago, body is just waiting a work.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by doomsauce
Here's a fun site www.lastdaysjournal.com... it's basically like a myspace only the whole idea is that the world has suffered an outbreak of zombies. You make up stories about your survival and yadda yadda. Try to overlook the fact that the internet would very likely not exist anymore. My screen name is M.I. Immune. I haven't updated in awhile 'cuz I can't think of where else to take my story.

lol that site is most entertaining!!! I've spent hours just reading through it and chuckling to myself. Thanks for that link!

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Reading this, it looks like a stupid thread, but just in case anyone takes it seriously I will just say plan for the worst and hope for the best. You can't go wrong that way.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by RR98
Reading this, it looks like a stupid thread, but just in case anyone takes it seriously I will just say plan for the worst and hope for the best. You can't go wrong that way.

Agreed. This strikes me as a bunch of teenagers who's idea of "disaster" is a pimple on their nose on Prom Night. I'm trying to get my wife and family interested in maybe surviving the coming.....whatever the hooha is coming and ya'll aren't exactly helping. Hint: there are not, nor will there ever be zombies.
You people take the topic of survival lightly at your own risk.....

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by dr_strangecraft

I’m glad I found your thread, I’m about to start one a little bit like it and my first question is what is SITX?

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
This is a fun post to read! Bravo OP!

I am unsure the perdicability of rating Sit X as it really won't matter once the public looses their mind. I can only classify it as two. Here's my take on Sit X classification:

Code Blue: Clear to go into town

Code Red: Stay the heck outta town!

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   

"The Zombie Survival Guide"

pity its on the australian internet filter list dealie....its hard to know whether they went through with the filter or not too...conflicting media reports & such...

P.L.U.R.I
-B.M

[edit on 5/11/09 by B.Morrison]

<< 1    3  4 >>

join