It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Third Degree

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2006 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Hey Yall I'm brand new here and was just wondering, I found this site a while back and never quite had the guts to join and anyhow I finally did and this is my first post here on ATS. I'm interested in Freemasonry because I am one. I have been as far as the 3rd degree. It seems to me there are more Masons here and I have a question.

What is the signifigance of the cable tow tied thrice around the body in the 3rd degree? And why do they say somewhere in the ritual to release the canidate for he is bound by a stronger tye and need no longer be bound?

It's something like that, I can't remember word for word right now what it said but I was wondering why? Oh and also if you ever make it to the 33rd degree do they wrap a rope around you 33 times?

posted on Dec, 15 2006 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Hey Roy - good to have you here!

Sorry to be a bore, but it's probably worth mentioning to you that ATS are very keen to keep discussions focused on the conspiratorial aspects. Non-conspiratorial discussions, known as "glad-handing" apparently, are frowned upon.

So, much as I'd love to answer your question, it might be better asked on a masonic forum such as www.lodgeroomuk.com... There you will find a wealth of masonic expertise, and that will allow ATS to continue to discuss possible conspiracies within Freemasonry without getting sidetracked.

posted on Dec, 15 2006 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Glad to see that you decided to join! I look forward to your input in our threads.

As noted, the Secret Societies forum is for discussing conspiracies related to Secret Societies, just like the Conspiracies in Religion forum isn't for Theological discussions, but conspiracies related to religion or within religions.

[edit on 15-12-2006 by Nygdan]

new topics

join