It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Revealed for the First Time Color Images of the Moon from Clementine Satellite

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by SteveR
Anyone got an idea of the specs of that scope they used in the UK for the Aristarchus shot? I've been looking for an upgrade for a while now

Scopes:
Skywatcher 250px 10" reflector.
Skywatcher 80ED refractor.

Mount:
Conrad/Rajiva Modded skywatcher EQ6 (Not skyscan)

Imaging setup:
SC1 modded Toucam pro 2.
SAC 8-2 webcam based B/W CCD.
Starlight express HX916 CCD
SAC fliter wheel.

Filters/reducers:
Atik IR Block Filter (1.25")
Astronomik L-RGB type II (2")
Astronomik CLS Filter (1.25")
Atik Focal Reducer (1.25")

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Hrm, in the drop down box it says Multi, so the albedo (natural color) images ARE the multiband images. Cool.

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
I think these photos are great, but why is this on the "Aliens & UFOs" forum?

Oh I don't know... maybe because the theory is that the obvious coverups in the color images are indications that they are hiding something... otherwise why the elaborate coverup?

Maybe those Alien Bases that the Russians spotted so many years ago? And that this forum allows a little wider latitude for speculation than the Science forums?

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by undoThe craters appear in various sizes and shapes and angles. They often cast impossible shadows for structures that are supposedly always flat on the ground.

Craters, by definition, are not flat features.

A crater has some depth and its rim has some height above the surrounding ground. On the Moon, where the gravity is lower, the height of the rim can be larger than what it would be on Earth.

That is visible in this photo.

This crater, Archimedes, has a depth of 2Km. I do not know the height of the crater's rim.

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 12:09 PM
link   
One thing that stood out to me the most are the beautiful blue spheres.
Does anyone know what they are?

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo
Hrm, in the drop down box it says Multi, so the albedo (natural color) images ARE the multiband images. Cool.

Why do you and Zorgon keep repeating "albedo (natural clolor)" out of context?

It's an oxymoron...

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by simon_alex0327

OK... here is something I found in the above image that was linked by undo.
Bottom left of the crater... I found the image below.. I have only adjusted the brightness / contrast and cropped it to see this better but it stood out to me instantly.

anyone else have any ideas?

You are looking at Mosco Crater... long the source of speculation. Look at it even closer in your image program...look at the edges of the black area... you will notice angular lines and an overall flat look... the black edges do not show any signs of being a cliff, a wall... no transition...

Then if you look at the objects inside, those circles you mention... the whole image gives one the impression of looking at something beneath a dark sheet of glass... maybe even a hologram...

So is it there? Is this the location of the "alien base on Farside"? or is this clever trickery?

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

A crater has some depth and its rim has some height above the surrounding ground. On the Moon, where the gravity is lower, the height of the rim can be larger than what it would be on Earth.

That is visible in this photo.

Compare it to this one, and you should see what I'm getting at.

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 12:17 PM
link   

undo
One thing at a time! I'm still listing out the anomalies from the USGS *****COLOR***** pics. Sheesh.

You can relax undo, I enjoy your posts, and I wasn't directing my question to you, I was seeking clarification from the more knowledgeable members, to help educate me & deny my ignorance. I see directly opposing information, and being moderatly ignorant on the subject I wondered what is accurate, and is not.

Not to cherry pick, but more specifically...

zorgon
Revealed for the First Time Color Images of the Moon from Clementine Satellite
in full living color!!!
Now for the first time released to the web (well almost)
view of the new images
once believed to be gray, colorless and lifeless
why are they only being released now.

Since the Clementine Satellite disappeared in 1994 that means these have been hidden from the public all these years.

these new Clementine images

Seems to be directly contradicted by...

Saviour Of The Real

ALL the Clementine images have been available to the public to download for free (or you can buy a complete set on CD-ROM) from NASA since 1994.

the USGS PDS Map-A-Planet is really nothing new, it�s just new to YOU. It�s based on this�

Clementine Lunar Basemap Image Mosaics on CD-ROM (PDS)
nssdc.gsfc.nasa.gov...

and

jra
The images are also not in true colour, they are false colour. If you read the top of this link that you posted here: ser.sese.asu.edu... you'll notice it says...

So are these "New Full Living Color!!!" images "hidden from the public" as advertised, or not?

Some of these questions have been partially addressed, but not fully/clearly defined as to accuracy, thus my question(s).

Feel free to help me understand and clarify accurate information from inaccurate, or glitzy promotional obfuscations for a website, if you would please (everyone), cuz its confusing and difficult to tell the difference without help.

Thanks,

makeitso

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Saviour Of The Real

Originally posted by undo

Why do you and Zorgon keep repeating "albedo (natural clolor)" out of context?

It's an oxymoron...

en.wikipedia.org...

Okay SotR, I will explain what I mean. According to the USGS site for PDS map of the Moon, the Albedo is the light, which is made up from 43,000 images. The multiband (color) is made up from 400,000 images from data drawn from the VISIBLE and UV cameras. On the PDS site, the "Albedo (natural color)" is listed as a possible way to view the images. I didn't make it. They list it as that. So if there's a beef, take it up with USGS, who worked in tandem with JPL to create the PDS maps. Ok? Okay!

[edit on 16-12-2006 by undo]

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by MagicaRose

Not exactly but I can assure you they�re not really blue.

Now how�s this for a beautiful blue sphere�

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 12:26 PM
link   
magica rose,

Savior of the Real cannot assure you they are not blue. He refuses to admit they took the data for the multiband color from the VISIBLE images. Oy, some smart people are so stubborn. lol

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 12:32 PM
link   

You posted a highly insulting quote from John Lear about the quality of NASA's work.

ummm last time I checked these images we are discussing in this thread were not taken NASA but the US NAVY....

And yes they have been around for 12 years said that I did numerous times, but as yet no public thread or site has shown these so in that sense it is being revealed openly for the first time..

Now stop bickering and let the folkes enjoy the pretties
Its the Holidays

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 12:39 PM
link   
makeitso,

You said:
Feel free to help me understand and clarify accurate information from inaccurate, or glitzy promotional obfuscations for a website, if you would please (everyone), cuz its confusing and difficult to tell the difference without help.

my response:
Alrighty. Do a google IMAGE search for the "moon" and see whatcha end up with. These sites are all quietly tucked away where you actually have to know what you're looking for to find them in the first place. So yes, they have been available, but no, they haven't been available to the public at large, because the public at large only knows what it is told or shown DELIBERATELY. And what we are DELIBERATELY shown on most occassions is a drab gray ball.

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 12:40 PM
link   
yes i think earth has a nice blueish color, too bad its a picture of the african continent

i wish we could have some tiff images of that cigar shaped craft that neil armstrong took a picture of, i think someone also said there was some type of "cable" holding up some type of struture on the moons surface? now those are some high resolution pics i want to see

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by MagicaRose

Yes aren't they though?

They are one of my favorites too... now of course the spoil sports will say they are just craters or whatever...

But I find it very interesting the brightness of some of these objects, especially the ones in the dark areas that actually GLOW...

If you look around them you will see that they cast light on the surrounding terrain, and that light cast is equal all around the object.. not like reflected light which would be varied according to the angle of the sun, [which is different in every segment of the whole image by the way
]

There are also white ones that are really bright and light up their surroundings..

Undo has found several yellow/gold "glowies"

Another observation is the halo effect around the glowing objects... an effect that would require at least some atmosphere to be present.

Here is a blue and a white one from Reiner Gamma area

LOL Xmas Light

[edit on 16-12-2006 by zorgon]

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

You posted a highly insulting quote from John Lear about the quality of NASA's work.

ummm last time I checked these images we are discussing in this thread were not taken NASA but the US NAVY....

Then you need to check again...

nssdc.gsfc.nasa.gov...

"Clementine was a joint project between the Strategic Defense Initiative Organization and NASA. "

And yes they have been around for 12 years said that I did numerous times, but as yet no public thread or site has shown these so in that sense it is being revealed openly for the first time..

Not true.

Now stop bickering and let the folkes enjoy the pretties
Its the Holidays

No problem, just trying to help folks understand what they're REALLY looking at vs. what you'd like them to believe they're looking at.

Anyway, I wish you and John many happy new recruits for the Holidays.

[edit on 16-12-2006 by Saviour Of The Real]

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 12:48 PM
link   
im going to have to say this so pardon me for a sec but some of these pics look like dare i say it "underground cities"

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by trewth
im going to have to say this so pardon me for a sec but some of these pics look like dare i say it "underground cities"

That was my take on it too, either underground or underwater. Have you went to the USGS PDS-Map yet?

pdsmaps.wr.usgs.gov...

[edit on 16-12-2006 by undo]

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Savior of the Real,

The False color images were taken from the UV and Visible images.
The Natural color images were taken from the Visible images and the Albedo images.
See how easy that is? It's so easy even a genius can understand it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join