It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Revealed for the First Time Color Images of the Moon from Clementine Satellite

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2006 @ 08:44 PM
link   
wow, they are some nice pics

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please read this link about 1-liners

[edit on 15/12/06 by masqua]

Ram

posted on Dec, 15 2006 @ 08:56 PM
link   
I like the idea of fake colors on the moon.

Can't help thinking of the fake colors of Mars.
All the blue rocks and stuff hanging around the trees.

Still - i suppose there is room for a good old rational logic explaination
- even in these days with all the lies about allmost everything.

But sure it is nice - it only took them 50 years to get a decent picture of the moon. Good work NASA.

Can't wait too see what happends within the next 50 years time - Things just goes so fast for the human evolution these days.

[edit on 15-12-2006 by Ram]

posted on Dec, 15 2006 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ram
But sure it is nice - it only took them 50 years to get a decent picture of the moon. Good work NASA.

Psssstttt these are 12 years old... they had then since 1994... this will be important later in the thread :p

Only 5 hours to go...

They say the "Truth is out there"... They were right... And soon the truth will be in here

posted on Dec, 15 2006 @ 09:31 PM
link   
well those look pretty cool...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please read this link about 1-liners

[edit on 15/12/06 by masqua]

posted on Dec, 15 2006 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Great set of pictures dude.

I was wondering one thing though, (and this may be a dumb Question) how come we don't see the moon in its natural color when we look up at it with the naked eye?

Cause we can see the earths natural colors from space, is it sun thing or our atmosphere or maybe something else.

just curious, thanks

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Will any of these pictures show the structures on the moon?
Also, is there a picture that shows the tracks made by the moon rover when it was driven around?

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cyber_Wasp
Will any of these pictures show the structures on the moon?
Also, is there a picture that shows the tracks made by the moon rover when it was driven around?

Are you kidding?

Seriously.

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Press Release - Pegasus Research Consortium - December 16th, 2006

Welcome to Reiner Gamma and Reiner Crater

Please read this entire post before responding, thank you

If you have had time to look over the previous color images that we linked to, the 64 megabyte full color Clementine Images.. you might have spotted this feature that is in the clip below. If you compare that image you have to the clip below it will be immediately obvious that my clip is MUCH BETTER resolution. Even so the clip below is 10% reduction of the original clip and covers an area of 10 Latitude and 10 Longitude...

You have had time to look at the images now and some of you probably have realized that big as those are , you still cannot get the same resolution that we have in the clips...

That is because you don't have the "whole picture" yet

What you are about to see will amaze you. It also should make you stop and think...Why have they withheld these all these years...?? Talk about cover-up... lets hear the excuses for this one...

Once this spreads it will cause a major stir. The quality of these images is just so far above what we have seen... Now I have searched around and there seems to be some hint that this has been available for some time... Like Matyas said "Hidden in plain sight"

I know many of you are computer literate but bare with me when I post the instructions to help those who might need a guide...

To see the full images you will visit the USGS Map a Planet Site
Astrogeology Research Program: Map A Planet Planetary Mapper

pdsmaps.wr.usgs.gov...

There are many planets to check out but go back to that later...right now we will deal with the Clementine images...

The Clementine 0.1 kilometer per pixel images are available below.

I have provided a direct link to the best interface for easy use. You can explore other options once you have mastered this...

This page is where those 2.0 plus gigabyte .cub files that we mentioned earlier get used. It uses the ISIS program developed by the USGS

Clementine Images: Full Color ISIS Mapper with 0.1 Resolution

pdsmaps.wr.usgs.gov...

VIEWING INSTRUCTIONS

When you get to this page you will see the same black and white image of the Clementine site. ..
Go to the bottom of the page and you will find boxes with options.
Leave the top row intact... do not change those settings until you know your way around.
The second row you will want to adjust:
SCALE Set to kilometers per pixel
RESOLUTION Set for 1.0 to search an area Lat. use 20 Long use 20.

Important note this setting will generate a file about 25 megs in size. If you cannot handle such large images lower the resolution or decrease the Lat. and Long setting.

Once you are familiar with the area you want you can increase the resolution setting as low as...
0.1 Use 10 Lat. and 10 Long as that too sets a file about 20 to 30 megs. and the imager will tell you if the file generated is to large to display

Once you have your setting, click on the image where you wish to see. You can use the .tiff files we linked you to for reference.

ON LIGHT SOURCE AND THE COLOR IMAGES

Before you comment on the color seen in these images...

The page settings that we have directly linked to above are the Albedo Intermediate Version

Dictionary Definition
albedo
The fraction of the total light striking a surface that gets reflected from that surface. An object that has a high albedo (near 1) is very bright; an object that has a low albedo (near 0) is dark. The Earth's albedo is about 0.37. The Moon's is about 0.12.

In other words... NATURAL COLOR REFLECTED LIGHT, as the human eye sees it. The UVVIS and other false color image versions are also available if you go to the original planet mapper and chose the other formats. See below for a list of available formats!

Select your preferred Lunar dataset below.

Clementine 750nm Basemap
Clementine Albedo (Natural Color)
Clementine Ratio (False Color)
Shaded Relief Airbrush
Clementine LIDAR Topography
Clementine UVVIS Multi-Band*

*NOTE: To use the Clementine UVVIS Multi-band data,
create an image of your area of interest using any one of the datasets above,
then click the "Generate Multi-Band Image" button on the results page.

As you can see in the above list direct from the USGS they have the NATURAL COLOR option, which is the direct link we provided

IMPORTANT NOTE!!!

Once you generate the image, you must save it. You cannot email the link as it will time out after you exit the image.

Please do not email me with questions on how to use it. It took me days to figure out all the ins and outs and I have just given you the easiest way to see the images.

ON LIGHT DIRECTION AND SHADOWS

Before you comment on shadows [you know who you are] and the angle of the sunlight in these images... be sure you study it carefully first. The full version mapper shows a very interesting phenomenon... I will discuss it later, but I am sure one or two of you rocket scientist out there will figure out what I mean and point out the reason for it.

Continued...

[edit on 16-12-2006 by zorgon]

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Over the next few weeks we will discuss these images and point out some extremely odd findings.

Here is a word from John Lear...

The United States Geological Survey (USGS) Science For A Changing World Astrogeology Research Program posted a picture of the moon in PDS Map-A-Planet format. The composite pictures taken by Clementine in 1994 show heavy censoring and ridiculous �cut and paste� photos both inside and around lunar craters.

We ask your help in exposing this government fraud by locating and describing these amateur� cut and paste� jobs.

We have found many and they are not hard to locate.

Our question is: censoring is the governments job but why the ridiculous �cut and paste� pictures?

John Lear

We are asking for help locating these oddities and taking comments. The best ones will be discussed in the thread and will be posted on our website as well. Please indicate if we can quote you. Comments will be picked at our discretion.

I will post a few of the really obvious ones over the next few days, and some of the really interesting ones. But to start it off here is the most blatant one...

And here is one of the more interesting ones...

John and I and the Group at Pegasus Research Consortium await your comments and wish you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy Holiday

And may the New Year bring New Revelations from Space

And don't forget to check out the "Music of the Spheres" posted previous page. It is a must hear for anyone interested in Outer Space

[edit on 16-12-2006 by zorgon]

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Lemme be the first to start:

I call this one, "Eye of Ra". Look at that freaky texturized surface that's only partially applied. The neat little rivets on the edge and left side. This is from the northern latitudes to the "left" and north of oceanus procellarum

[edit on 16-12-2006 by undo]

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 02:43 AM
link   
And tubes to put Mars tubes to shame, from the far side:

Brilliant Blue Tubes

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 02:52 AM
link   
This one I call "Bronzy". It doesn't make a bit of sense to me, but there it is, nonetheless. If you know anything about the moon, this shouldn't make sense to you either. It's somewhere to the left of oceanus procellarum:

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ram
I like the idea of fake colors on the moon.

Well now I can answer you...as the "cat is out of the bag"

So you say the USGS is lying when they say the images are NATURAL COLOR?

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Location of the "Eye of Ra" (sorry, i don't recall long/lat of it. Just look around the northern regions.

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 03:17 AM
link   
And here begins the really weird anomalies. such as the "Floating Craters". Either it's an optical illusion or the craters on the moon fly or they swim, or someone on the USGS site is a comedian! Notice they cast shadows on the ground and the left one is actually backlit.

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 03:44 AM
link   
I call this weird little thing, "Mr. Fish", but really it could be anything. It looks like a cave dwelling critter of immense size. There's several things anomalous about this pic:

1. It's in a crater that looks more like a cave than a crater (see how its turned on its side?)

2. It has eye stalks AND a forked tongue? (or is it spitting out debris?)

3. It looks so entirely out of place in this pic, it makes me think it was a pic from the bottom of the earth's ocean and not a pic on the far side of the moon, but that's where i found it on the USGS site, far side of the moon. Go figure.

4. The "crater" edge is awfully fuzzy, fringy, almost gooey or soft looking, as if it were sporting a soft, wispy hairdo.

5. It has a fin, or what looks to be a fin.
On the moon? What are they swimming up there? When they say "ocean" and "sea" do they really mean "ocean" and "sea", or are they using earth critters to cover up something else in these craters ? or is the whole thing a gigantic hoax? WTFreak is it?

[edit on 16-12-2006 by undo]

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
Over the next few weeks we will discuss these images and point out some extremely odd findings.

And continue to ignore the technical information about wavelengths and colors that has already been given to you to help you understand what you�re actually looking at? Okey dokey.

Here is a word from John Lear...

The United States Geological Survey (USGS) Science For A Changing World Astrogeology Research Program posted a picture of the moon in PDS Map-A-Planet format. The composite pictures taken by Clementine in 1994 show heavy censoring and ridiculous �cut and paste� photos both inside and around lunar craters.

We ask your help in exposing this government fraud by locating and describing these amateur� cut and paste� jobs.

We have found many and they are not hard to locate.

Our question is: censoring is the governments job but why the ridiculous �cut and paste� pictures?

John Lear

I�m sorry but once again I�m afraid he has either been misinformed, hasn�t done his homework very well, or he knows the truth and he�s intentionally disinforming you with the hope you guys will fall for it again. ALL the Clementine images have been available to the public to download for free (or you can buy a complete set on CD-ROM) from NASA since 1994. Really nice high resolution ones like this�

The problem is YOU have to do the work yourself like a real scientist who�s truly interested in the data would. Here�s where they�ve been the whole time�

Clementine Experiments and Data at NSSDC
nssdc.gsfc.nasa.gov...

For example�

Clementine EDR Image Archive (PDS)
nssdc.gsfc.nasa.gov...

This CD-ROM data set contains the Engineering Data Record (EDR) image archive for the Clementine mission acquired by 5 experiments: the Ultraviolet/Visible Camera, the Near-Infrared Camera, the Long Wavelength Infrared Camera, the High Resolution Imaging Camera, and the Star Tracker Cameras. The EDR images are the raw images acquired by these experiments. The only processing performed on these data is to organize and format the data according to Planetary Data System (PDS) standards.[/ The images are in the original compressed format, a Discrete Cosine Transform (DCT) algorithm, in which they were stored on board the Clementine spacecraft. Software for the decompression of these images is available on each disk.

Or�

Clementine High Resolution Camera Strip Mosaics
nssdc.gsfc.nasa.gov...

This data set contains digital image model strip mosaics produced from images taken by the Clementine High Resolution Camera. All mosaics are geometrically controlled, calibrated, and compiled from non-uniformity corrected, 750 nanometer ('D') filter high resolution observations. The strips are approximately 1.75 deg latitude extent (2653 lines) and widths correponding to the tile's valid data extent, usually no more than about 300 pixels. The mosaics cover sub-polar regions between 80 deg S and 80 deg N with the sinusoidal equal area mapping at 20 m/pixel and the polar regions above 80 deg with a stereographic mapping at 30 m/pixel resolution at the poles.

You just can�t rely on the crude online image browsers like the ones on the NRL site that have known flaws in stitching the images together and don�t draw from the highest resolution data sets which are incomplete.

Sorry Zorgon but the USGS PDS Map-A-Planet is really nothing new, it�s just new to YOU. It�s based on this�

Clementine Lunar Basemap Image Mosaics on CD-ROM (PDS)
nssdc.gsfc.nasa.gov...

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 04:13 AM
link   
This one I call the "Gold Ship" because, well, i don't know what else to call it.

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 04:25 AM
link   
I'm loving these color shots, they bring up many many unanswered questions. Has anyone tried the co-ordinates of the "strip mine" from the previous thread?

On an unrelated note.. One of the main drawbacks with this research is we are looking at flat maps, it's very hard to judge the 3-D characteristics of these formations (as opposed to this). However, if we make a note of all the sites of interest, we can tackle this problem with third party scopes
Anyone got an idea of the specs of that scope they used in the UK for the Aristarchus shot? I've been looking for an upgrade for a while now

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 04:34 AM
link   
hang on a sec, i'll give you a global color view.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join