It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Revealed for the First Time Color Images of the Moon from Clementine Satellite

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Zorgon,

Don't forget to point out the smaller dome attached to the bottom left corner of the larger dome.

Armap,

??? !!! : /

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by nextguyinline
I don't recall any comments by astronauts about the colors on the moon. There may be some, I just have never heard or read them. (can't find any in a quick search either)

I suppose I'm going to have to wait till space tourism finally gets accomplished affordably, and go get a peek myself.

I can recall several mentions of color and also of structured objects in the Apollo missions.

One mentioned (the geologist) how orange the patch of soil was.

One mentioned about the glow of lights in the distance.

One mentioned about how the structure (that they were looking at) was the most organized he had seen.

One mentioned the translucence being like glass

One mentioned that there were tunnels and a opening

I'm including one link, but would suggest that you do your own google search such as "Apollo Moon Conversations" or "Unusual Astronaut Moon Conversations". They can be easily found on several websites, although I've yet to find them on any nasa or government sites (imagine that).

I'd like to remind everyone that I believe that the goal of this current thread (and John Lear's thread) was to find anomalies and possible structures. Having the color photographs is just another perspective/avenue in this search. Everyone can nit-pick to the hearts content whether it's false color, albedo, natural or UVVIS. Or whether Clementine was a NASA or DOD, SAC (or other) partnered space venture. It still will not change the possibility that there is something going on (and most likely under) the moon's surface.

Even skeptics and believers both should wonder and be suspicous to the following questions, I know I've thought about them:

If NASA was formed as a 'civilian space agency', why were so many NASA programs funded by the US Defence Department?

Why were all astronauts subjected to US military security regulations?

Why were all video and photographic evidence screened by the National Security Agency?

Why were all the radio communications screened by the National Security Agency?

Why are some of NASA's top photographic technicians employed to 'airbrush out' anomalies caught on film?

Why are astronauts and other NASA employees threatened with long jail sentences if they 'speak out' about what was really discovered out there in space?

Do you realise that no information, either photographic or otherwise, reaches the public domain until it has been thoroughly scrutinised and sanitized by the US intelligence community, and has been in effect since the space program began?.

Did you know that the main debates before the 'official' moon landings were regarding mining and mineral rights?

This last question is the one that personally interests me the most...............
Bearing in mind that the rich resources of titanium, aluminium, uranium, helium 3, and god knows what else, were found on the Moon. Do you really think that the US would have then told the rest of the world to come on up and take a share? Buzz Aldrin has said in his book, 'Men From Earth' 'Another exciting energy resource on the moon is... an ample supply of the isotope Helium-3 (HE-3), which is very rare on Earth but has been deposited on the lunar surface over billions of years by the solar wind. It is estimated that at least a million tons of He-3 are readily recoverable from the regolith formations where lunar solar power stations would be practical. This He-3 offers a key to safe, practical nuclear fusion energy on Earth. It is estimated that a single ton of He-3 delivered to Earth would be worth at least $1 Billion.'

Unusual Apollo Conversations:
www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

Nasa Picture of soil:
antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov...

Other NASA shots of possible relevance should be internet searched with these key NASA cataloge numbers (a space seperates each entry):

AS11-37-5438 AS12-50-7346 AS12-51-7553 AS13-60-8622 AS12-49-7319
AS13-61-8865 AS14-70-9836 AS15-12-640 AS14-70-9837 AS14-70-9835
AS16-19-238 LO168-H3 LO67-H1135

Now if anyone wants to dispute any of these please feel free to make up your own thread and have at it... I will even join in on 'your thread' to keep it healthy in the diplomatic debate department. But just as in John Lear's Moon pictures thread, we are debating whether or not any anomalies can be seen (or conjectured) to be present on the Moon in this current thread topic...

Can we please make this a "No Poo Flinging" zone? It's the civil thing to do!

Just wanted to throw my 2 cents into the mix

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyAnonymous
One mentioned (the geologist) how orange the patch of soil was.

One mentioned about the glow of lights in the distance.

One mentioned about how the structure (that they were looking at) was the most organized he had seen.

One mentioned the translucence being like glass

One mentioned that there were tunnels and a opening

Absolutely. I've studied the transmission logs and if the astronauts weren't hallucinating, then NASA's public paradigm of the moon is so severely off base it constitutes a dupe of epic proportions. Not only that, but "anomalies" they describe match some of our interpretations.. glass, for instance.

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Even skeptics and believers both should wonder and be suspicous to the following questions, I know I've thought about them:

Thank you for that comprehensive list of totally unsubstantiated claims. Hoagland hasn’t been able to provide one shred of incontrovertible evidence and neither has Lear, or anybody else. At what point does further speculation become pointless and just plain ridiculous? How much evidence are you willing to ignore to the contrary?

Anyway, back to the hunt…

Outrageous Lunar Colors

www.lpod.org...

All observers know the Moon is almost entirely a monochrome world with only subtle hints of color. And we have all seen the colorful lunar images composited from spacecraft data acquired through red, blue and green filters. But this extravagantly colored Moon is remarkable for being obtained by an amateur in Lisbon, Portugal who used a normal digital camera, with no filters. As with the NASA images the colors represent variations of the composition of surface soils.

[ Be sure to check out Filipe’s web site here: www.atalaia.org... for a larger copy of this image ]

Now compare that to this image taken by Galileo…

photojournal.jpl.nasa.gov...

This picture contains images through the Violet, 756 nm, 968 nm filters. The color is 'enhanced' in the sense that the CCD camera is sensitive to near infrared wavelengths of light beyond human vision.

I don’t know how many different ways we've tried to say it but it’s not so much the color that’s important to interpreting these images as it is the wavelengths they represent. Basically all you have so far with these “anomalies” is a collection of images highlighting areas of different lunar soil composition. Great work if you’re a geologist.

To illustrate this further, consider this image…

starbase.jpl.nasa.gov

Notice how what appears to be a “saucer” in the medium resolution image taken at one certain wavelength appears like a crater in the hi-res image strip taken at a different wavelength?

No? OK here’s another couple of examples…

starbase.jpl.nasa.gov

starbase.jpl.nasa.gov

Notice how the “glowing” crater looks more like a regular crater through the "eyes" of the high-res camera at a different wavelength?

No? Then I’m afraid there is no hope for you.

Oh, and by the way, here’s some more evidence of the “cover up” for you…

starbase.jpl.nasa.gov

[ note the zero value pixels too ]

starbase.jpl.nasa.gov...

Pretty sneaky eh?

Mod Edit: Link format edited. Please review this post.

[edit on 22-12-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 04:19 AM
link   

I can recall several mentions of color and also of structured objects in the Apollo missions.

Just wanted to throw my 2 cents into the mix

HEY!!! NO FAIR!!!
Thats way more than 2 cents!!! Thats gonna take a long time to address....

Sigh... okay then

Lets start with three...

1) One mentioned (the geologist) how orange the patch of soil was.

These orange glass spheres and fragments are the finest particles ever brought back from the Moon. The particles range in size from 20 to 45 microns. The orange soil was brought back from the Taurus-Littrow landing site by the Apollo 17 crewmen. Scientist-Astronaut Harrison J. Schmitt discovered the orange soil at Shorty Crater. The orange particles, which are intermixed with black and black-speckled grains, are about the same size as the particles that compose silt on Earth. Chemical analysis of the orange soil material has show the sample to be similar to some of the samples brought back from the Apollo 11 (Sea of Tranquility) site several hundred miles to the southwest. Like those samples, it is rich in titanium (8%) and iron oxide (22%). But unlike the Apollo 11 samples, the orange soil is unexplainably rich in zinc. The orange soil is probably of volcanic origin and not the product of meteorite impact.

SOURCE

Okay are we all clear on the ORANGE?
PS that stuff in the picture is currently worth about 5 million per once.

2) One mentioned about the glow of lights in the distance.
(this one also mentions Aristarchus)

NASA Apollo 11 Mission log page 43

3) One mentioned the translucence being like glass

Don't have that one yet... but I have a document here that talks about glass making on the moon... does that count? It fits in with our mining theory too...

LUNAR AND MARTIAN FIBERGLASS AS A VERSATILE FAMILY
OF ISRU VALUE-ADDED PRODUCTS

The logic employed in our reasoning includes the fact that any In Situ Resource Utilization (ISRU) effort is going to yield copious masses of silicon oxides which can be used in bulk as conventional glass products or, after further separation, can be synthesized as Silicon and Silicon- Carbide Fullerenes for more exotic applications. Additionally, mechanical wrapping of Silicon Webbing could prove to be more practical and durable and a lot less brittle than attempting large scale hot glass molding of structural components.

Identified fuel production ISRU efforts yield partially heated masses of metal oxides as waste byproduct – rich in silicates and metal oxides useful in bulk as conventional glass products. Fiberglass manufacturing increases effectiveness of prior ISRU fuel production by taking advantage of mineral benefaction and elevated process exit temperatures. The resulting structures would be spheres and cylinders with various configurations that could apply to human support systems, along with structures useable as storage tanks for the very Oxygen liberated in ISRU applications.

Source

[edit on 21-12-2006 by zorgon]

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Did you know that the main debates before the 'official' moon landings were regarding mining and mineral rights?

Seems someone got all the rights too... three people actually own 95% of the mineral rights on the nearside, and 50% at the poles and the farside. How much you want to bet that whats left is worthless?

And before the disbelievers start howling there is nothing to back up that claim...

Here are tsome snippits from the same source...

Dr. Joseph Resnick, Dr. Timothy R. O'Neill and Guy Cramer (ROC-Resnick/O'Neill/Cramer team) who have acquired the mineral rights for 95% of the side of the moon that faces Earth, the polar regions and 50% of the far side of the moon.

Universal Mineral Leases Registry.Com was created by Dr. Joseph A. Resnick, a contemporary Scientist and Inventor. Dr. Resnick has worked with NASA for more than 28 years on various projects, including the Space Shuttle and Space Suits, and he has developed medical devices for use in Space Flight. One of Dr. Resnick's discoveries was featured by NASA in its Tech Briefs Magazine in September of 1994, where his development of technologies used to clean up oil spills was featured

In the Summer of 2004 Dr. Resnick was brought into a U.S. Dept. of Interior visual mitigation study to research concealment of large structures on public land for scenic environmental improvement. The design team of Dr. Resnick, an expert in low observables joined Lt. Col.

One of the contracts was the HARRP installation in Alaska

Dr. Resnick found the loophole in Space Law 25 years ago that allowed him ownership of all planetary bodies outside the "Third Planet from the Sun"... submitted this to the World Court at the Hague, and to the United Nations in New York City. In 25+ years no one has ever disputed Dr. Resnick's claimed ownership.

SOURCES and Rest of Articles

Anyone else getting a cold shiver up their spine?

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 05:11 AM
link   

This last question is the one that personally interests me the most...............
Bearing in mind that the rich resources of titanium, aluminium, uranium, helium 3, and god knows what else, were found on the Moon. Do you really think that the US would have then told the rest of the world to come on up and take a share? Buzz Aldrin has said in his book, 'Men From Earth' 'Another exciting energy resource on the moon is... an ample supply of the isotope Helium-3 (HE-3), which is very rare on Earth but has been deposited on the lunar surface over billions of years by the solar wind. It is estimated that at least a million tons of He-3 are readily recoverable from the regolith formations where lunar solar power stations would be practical. This He-3 offers a key to safe, practical nuclear fusion energy on Earth. It is estimated that a single ton of He-3 delivered to Earth would be worth at least $1 Billion.'

OOPS Sorry I missed your link to the orange soil....

But as to your long list of minerals... you forgot Thorium

And its really interesting to note that the heaviest concentrations are around Copernicus Crater...

And if you check the rest of the page linked below you will see that the other important minerals are also found in this interesting pattern, all near Copernicus. This data was collected by our friend Clementine [busy little critter]

LUNAR MINING OPPORTUNITIES

A couple of snippits of relevance from that...

In their 1988 paper, Kulcinski, et al., estimate a total of 1,100,000 metric tonnes of He3 have been deposited

That amount of He3 would produce approximately 20,000 terra-watt years of thermal energy, about 10 times the amount if we burned all the fossil fuels on Earth. without the polution. Another way to state it, 25 tons would power the United States for 1 year, which is about the maximum size of the payload of a Space Shuttle.

It has been estimated that helium 3 would have a cash value of $5.7 billion a ton in terms of its current energy equivalent to oil at

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Saviour Of The Real
Great work if you’re a geologist.

LOL So happens I am... ask my wife how many samples are in the garage... the office the back room LOL And John is at the Gold mine today. I know at least one other digger in here...

However that has nothing to do with the fact that no matter how many deliberately off color images you post, it doesn't change the fact that an amateur astronomer with a 10" scope can show us color without messing with the image.

So lets get a call in to a few observatories and order a new and recent shot. Surely one scope in the world could do that for a small fee... funny thing though I can't find any posted and Palomar says they don't do it because you can get better pictures from NASA

LOL what a circle.... I think I will find an astronomy board and see if I can find some volunteers..

But as long as we are tossing colored moons about, here is one that NASA says is real color. Go argue with them

[edit on 21-12-2006 by zorgon]

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Okay all you NASA experts out there....

I would like to have your opinions about this little video clip.

I am having a little trouble understanding just what I am seeing...

video.google.co.uk...

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
Okay all you NASA experts out there....
I would like to have your opinions about this little video clip.
I am having a little trouble understanding just what I am seeing...
video.google.co.uk...

Dont need to be a NASA expert for this one.. And rather than bore you with the technical aspects I'll break it down in it's simpliest form.

Video cameras from that era used a vidicon tube in the cameras but low light was a real pain with a general minimum of 7 lux (preferably more) being needed. Gain compensation was way to boost the results. But the trouble really with all of these cameras were their burn-in spots which occured if a camera sat too long in one position then the bright image would burn into the vidicon tube for awhile until the camera was moved and it would gradually dissipate back to normal. So all we are seeing here is the Astronaut (from behind "Astronaut one" on ladder) moving into view where there is a "Bright Burn-in".. This was also a problem with the earlier Cathode Ray Tubes.

It's a similar effect as to what our current monitors will do if left with a still image too long,,, thats why they created screen savers...

Nothing spooky or strange about it.

Now how would I know this... I worked in my earlier years at a number of TV Studios (in that same timeframe) and we suffered the same problem. It was so long ago that our videotape was 2" wide and on reels..... There's a little analog history for you.

Although I thoroughly enjoyed watching the gravitational representation of the Astronaut jumping on and off the platform. If there really is only 1/6 of a gravtationl pull, then the Astronauts jump from the ground to that ladder step (of 3 feet) would be quite easy to execute..

nice little video footage, but Ghostnaut? I'm going to lean way over at the 99.99 and 99/100ths mark of assurance and say no... I don;t believe so.

[edit on 22-12-2006 by JohnnyAnonymous]

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 07:35 AM
link   
LOL absoluetly nothing at that Nasa video. It's just a torch burning out the camera or something LOL

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Big version:

There is a little trick I came up with to find the differences between two photos which should be identical.

First make both pictures grayscale. Next take picture A and colour invert it. Now super impose picture B on picture A (now colour inverted) and set picture B’s transparency to 50%. If the pictures are identical then you will see a perfect gray rectangle where the images were. This is because the colours perfectly cancel each other out.

However if the images are different then it will be apparent because the parts which are not exactly the same on each picture will not be perfect gray like the rest of the image. And so I use this as a technique to find inconsistencies between images which should be identical.

When I realized that there were two data sets; black and white and colour for the map-a-planet browser it occurred to me that I could use this technique with the two data sets to find ‘data transmission errors’ which existed in both sets in the exact same position. Surely the chances of having both data sets undergo the exact same transmission error would be very low, and therefore there should be no consistency between the black rectangles.

In the above image I have applied the technique described above to a 10 pixel per degree simple cylinder projection of both the b/w and colour datasets. Ignoring the poles, I have attempted to highlight (after increasing contrast) the areas which are blacked out in both datasets. What you are looking for is the big red rectangles which are in the mid section (away from the noise at the poles). There are a number of them, and I feel these are good places to start looking for other inconsistencies. (This is how I found the first image I posted in this post).

Happy hunting and Merry Christmas!

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yandros

When I realized that there were two data sets; black and white and colour for the map-a-planet browser it occurred to me that I could use this technique with the two data sets to find ‘data transmission errors’ which existed in both sets in the exact same position. Surely the chances of having both data sets undergo the exact same transmission error would be very low, and therefore there should be no consistency between the black rectangles.

Yandros,

The 750 nm BW image is the basemap for the generated Color images. That is why both the BW and Color images have the same missing data.

pdsmaps.wr.usgs.gov...

In the case of the lunar image maps, the underlying data set is the Clementine 750-nm Basemap Mosaic, similar to the Mars MDIM and generated from imagery acquired by the Clementine spacecraft.

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by lost_shaman

Yandros,

The 750 nm BW image is the basemap for the generated Color images. That is why both the BW and Color images have the same missing data.

pdsmaps.wr.usgs.gov...

In the case of the lunar image maps, the underlying data set is the Clementine 750-nm Basemap Mosaic, similar to the Mars MDIM and generated from imagery acquired by the Clementine spacecraft.

This is interesting because the bw version is missing data that the colour version isn't and visa versa.

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Copernicus Crater:
yandros.net...

Evidence of manipulation?

Evidence of excavation work!?

[edit on 22-12-2006 by Yandros]

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Why are some of NASA's top photographic technicians employed to 'airbrush out' anomalies caught on film?

Why are astronauts and other NASA employees threatened with long jail sentences if they 'speak out' about what was really discovered out there in space?

Good points

But I wonder why those that claim there is no documentation or those hat say the astronauts never speak out seem to avoid stuff like this...?

Buzz Aldrin... I love the way he puts it in this one...

video.google.co.uk...

NASA Geologist...

video.google.co.uk...

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 08:02 PM
link   
This article really belongs in the political forum but I am adding it here because its relevant to what we are doing and people should be aware what would happen THEY get this passed... anyone is welcome to take this to a new thread if it isn't already,I don't have the time)

Republican Senator John McCain has introduced legislation that would fine blogs up to $300,000 for offensive statements, photos and videos posted by visitors on comment boards, effectively nixing the open exchange of ideas on the Internet, providing a lethal injection for unrestrained opinion, and acting as the latest attack tool to chill freedom of speech on the world wide web.

SOURCE

Back to your regularly scheduled program....

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
This article really belongs in the political forum but I am adding it here because its relevant to what we are doing and people should be aware what would happen THEY get this passed... anyone is welcome to take this to a new thread if it isn't already,I don't have the time)

Republican Senator John McCain has introduced legislation that would fine blogs up to $300,000 for offensive statements, photos and videos posted by visitors on comment boards, effectively nixing the open exchange of ideas on the Internet, providing a lethal injection for unrestrained opinion, and acting as the latest attack tool to chill freedom of speech on the world wide web.

SOURCE

Back to your regularly scheduled program....

So your saying, if I said on a blog I do not like John McCain I could be fined $300,000 or if I did not agree that Nasa actually put men on the Moon I could also be fined $300,000. 1984 Oh surely not, enemy of the State only in Russia, or deemed guilty until proven inicent for showing UFO footage. I am sorry I got it backwards inicent until proven guilty depending on my political party affiliation. Who would want to control our lives like this surely not our trusted elected officials. Ask not what your country can do for you but what freedoms you are willing to give away today and in the future. Rik Riley

posted on Dec, 23 2006 @ 02:46 AM
link   
I just want to pop in and say that I truly miss John's comments on this material

I really enjoyed the Copernicus thread, as it shows copious evidence (not proof, of course) of a mining operation on the moon. I am glad that Z has documented this so well with the collaboration of others and hope that it is preserved and available for a long time. (keep paying your annual Network Solutions domain fee, Z)

I like this current thread too, but it's geared more toward a cover-up of evidence than actual evidence itself.

Not sure what my point is exactly, but in any case, I did want to pop in and wish all believers and skeptics alike, a very happy holiday season

posted on Dec, 23 2006 @ 03:08 AM
link   

There is a little trick I came up with to find the differences between two photos which should be identical.

First make both pictures grayscale. Next take picture A and colour invert it. Now super impose picture B on picture A (now colour inverted) and set picture B’s transparency to 50%. If the pictures are identical then you will see a perfect gray rectangle where the images were. This is because the colours perfectly cancel each other out.

Actually that will also work with full color images, as long as both images are in color. I use the very same technique in analyzing "alien" and "ufo" pictures.

Also note, you will be able to tell the difference if a different compression scheme is used for one or the other as well.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join