It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Revealed for the First Time Color Images of the Moon from Clementine Satellite

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Is someone bored?

Just a cursory observation

To make sure this post isn't totally useless, I'm publishing a couple more anomalies.

Feel free to add this to your list Undo. The more the merrier!

Unusual Terrain by SteveR
img142.imageshack.us...
Return of the Strips by SteveR
img447.imageshack.us...

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Another one. This one appears to be wearing the nearby terrain as a camoflage. In the event the terrain wouldn't suffice, the entire area was overlaid in some dark material. The problem with this picture is, that it would have to be an absolutely immense ship and a huge huge foot as this structure/ship takes up a good portion of one of the farside craters.
Ship Foot
artapprentice.net...

[edit on 17-12-2006 by undo]

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Either them feet are some calcium/chalk deposit, or something very weird is going on.

I had originally thought photo overexposure, but it doesn't really match.

Keep up the good work this is excellent (and try to note co-ords if ya can, that would be great!).

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Detail on "Ship Foot"

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Updated Anomalie List (Zorgon, Mike, SteveR, Undo)

And God said, Let there be....
www.thestargates.com...
The Glass Dome
www.thestargates.com...
White Tank
www.thestargates.com...
Gold Ship
www.thestargates.com...
Gold Cone/ship
www.thestargates.com...
Floating Craters
www.thestargates.com...
Giant Snail
www.thestargates.com...
Eye of Ra
www.thestargates.com...
Bronzy
www.thestargates.com...
Mr. Fish
www.thestargates.com...
Wax On, Wax Off
thestargates.com...
Reiner Gamma (Full Version)
www.thestargates.com...
Aristarchus (Zorgon's copy of Mike's 10-inch telescope pic of Aristarchus)
homepage.ntlworld.com...
Global view (a portion of the lunar surface as seen in a more 3-D type of angle)
thestargates.com...
Blue Tubes
www.thestargates.com...
Translucent, Texturized Crater
www.thestargates.com...
Gold Ship Redux
www.thestargates.com...
Triple Pink
www.thestargates.com...
The Golden Triangle
www.thestargates.com...
Aristarchus, Kepler Crater from SteveR
img433.imageshack.us...
Geysers, Unexplained, Glass, Blownout, Pool from SteveR
img98.imageshack.us...
Earth's Reflection? from SteveR
img132.imageshack.us...
Tycho Crater from SteveR
img96.imageshack.us...
Tycho Walls from SteveR
img279.imageshack.us...
Gold Pit from SteveR
img264.imageshack.us...
Intelligence to the Madness from SteveR
img122.imageshack.us...
Not Natural! from SteveR
img527.imageshack.us...
Blue Crater Gem - From NASA's WorldWind Program
www.thestargates.com...
Black Tube
www.artapprentice.net...
White Tube
www.artapprentice.net...
Golden Bugs (full size)
artapprentice.net...
Unusual Terrain by SteveR
img142.imageshack.us...
Return of the Strips by SteveR
img447.imageshack.us...
Ship Foot
artapprentice.net...
Ship Foot (Detail)
artapprentice.net...

Source
pdsmaps.wr.usgs.gov...
worldwind.arc.nasa.gov...

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 08:27 PM
link   
SteveR

Top Latitude = -19 degrees south.
Bottom Latitude = 23.0 degrees south.

Left Longitude = 131.0 degrees west.
Right Longitude = 127.0 degrees west

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Thanks Undo!

Something interesting here >
visibleearth.nasa.gov...

This NASA webpage appears to be broken for now, however it contains the words "True Color Moon from Clementine"

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Side note.

"All these worlds are yours, except Europa. " - 2010

Europa (moon of jupiter) has a bad hair day:
www.thestargates.com...

And this is why:
www.thestargates.com...

Notice how in the Hairy picture, the hair blurs out along that pink line i've shown you. www.thestargates.com... The blurry terrain is made from the same hairy stuff, it's just blurred. Notice also, how the hairy stuff, before it is blurred, is right up in the camera lens. Apparently, they've photographed hair, close-up and personal, then applied a blur to make it look like the same type of terrain you see from a distance, but really, the lines you see from a distance are more related to the civilization that's actually there or was there at one time. Ergo, Europa has more than a geological history. In the second photo you see what the blurry hairy stuff was hiding on the left side. I theorize they laid a glass plate over the picture, then applied the hairy stuff, blurred it out, whenever a city or civilization was present. They just missed a couple spots.

I guess by now they figure most people will just continue believing whatever it is they already believe, and so they aren't as careful to cover their tracks. They're counting on our human tendency to stubborn denial of anything relating to paradigm changing/modifying events, I suppose.

Source
pdsmaps.wr.usgs.gov...

[edit on 17-12-2006 by undo]

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Yes, those are the ice fractures. The other planetary maps are really cool too, and if I spot any more anomalies on them, they'll get their own thread sometime.

I haven't had an extensive examination, but I beleive the Moon has the most data/coverage available.. Venus second.

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I brought it up to show how this particular type of terrain modifying is done/ In the Europa example, at least, it's done with hair and debris, it seems. I wonder what they used for the moon? I've not seen a flub up yet, at least, not that's identifiable.

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Well..... this is sorta tenuous. You say from that picture, you can tell Europa has had more than a geological history. I can see the blurred ice fractures making right angles, and I guess that can be interpretted, but there are a couple things to keep in mind. The Galileo probe didn't provide 100% coverage of the moons in question, and secondly, by virtue of how the MapMaker software works alot of the images are distorted and skewed to fit together. How NASA fills in the missing areas is another matter. This is to say, the image your looking at is not "as is".

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Not going to discuss it any further in this thread. ^_^

Soo, what about those moon pics, eh? *looks around for an excuse to change the subject before the thread goes irrepairably off to Europa*

posted on Dec, 18 2006 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Tsiolkovsky crater ship Re-redux

This is the "ship" from the "Ship foot" picture. It looks more like a habitat in this view but the leg/foot can still be made out. In this view it actually looks as if the leg is emersed in liquid of some kind, which may be why in the other view, of "ship foot," the bottom half of the leg/foot is obscured.
thestargates.com...

posted on Dec, 18 2006 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by thedangler
Hitting the main stream outlets would give this information so millions of people who are still asleep and believe everything their governments tell them.

I took your point actually we are working on a book... there have been requests. Also the info in the thread is hard to read and can't show friends, but a book with full color images on the coffee table gets attention.

Mainstream media you need solid proof, but if its too controversial even with proof they won't run it. Now hitting the talk shows or Oprah.... THAT would do it LOL

:shk:

posted on Dec, 18 2006 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by SteveR
Co-ords

Gotta admit, Apollo 15 is a wowzer.

Your not kidding! Thats awesome hunting for those spots... [I'll take your word you got them right..
]

I'll look them over tomorrow when my eyes function again

Thanks though. I do all my anomaly hunting by coords, so if you're aware of any more drop me a line.

I am sure we can oblige you on that.

[edit on 18-12-2006 by zorgon]

posted on Dec, 18 2006 @ 06:56 AM
link   
You have voted zorgon for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have two more votes this month.

Awesome work zorgon!!

posted on Dec, 18 2006 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Zorgon and undo:

Thank you very much for all the work on this matter.it is important for all of us, the ones that folow the topic with interest but do not participate in a active way. thx to all the others too that add something of interest to the topic.

posted on Dec, 18 2006 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Press Release - Pegasus Research Consortium - December 18, 2006

For several days now we have heard from those who claim the images are not real color, or natural color etc... Let me set this to rest once and for all. The data I am going to provide here is taken from the PDF mission report courtesy of the Department of Defense's Ballistic Missile Defense Organization, the very people who funded the mission. One of my contacts linked me to the document so we can lay the color issue to rest.

Here are a few excerpts about the cameras and the type of images and spectral range they cover. Below that are a few images for comparison. At the end of this press release you will find a link to the DoD document.

About the Images

Clementine completely mapped the lunar surface in 14 discrete spectral bands ranging from the near ultraviolet (0.415 µm), through the visible spectrum, to the far infrared (9.5 µm).

About the Cameras

High Resolution Camera - This 1.1 kg camera operates at visible wavelengths (0.415 to 0.75 µm) with silicon CCD technology combined with a compact, lightweight image intensifier.

To provide reliable, solid state, cost effective imaging in the near ultraviolet, visible, and near infrared regions of the spectrum (from 0.3 to 1.0 µm), LLNL designed and built a medium resolution, 0.426 kg camera that uses silicon charge coupled device (CCD) technology. For Clementine, this camera was combined with a six position spectral filter wheel for remote sensing applications and, specifically, for mineral typing studies of the Moon. The image below shows the African continent imaged by the ultraviolet/visible camera at five different wavelengths on a clear day from a distance of 384,000 km.

Ok there you have it folks, the high resolution camera ONLY takes images in the visible light spectrum. Those are TWO of the cameras and the ones important to the issue at hand. The rest of the data on cameras is extensive and can be found in the report.

The picture below is the one mentioned in the excerpt...

The African continent on Earth imaged by the ultraviolet/visible camera at five different wavelengths on a clear day, March 13, 1994, from a distance of 384,000 km while Clementine orbited the Moon. (f) A broad band, composite view of the African continent.

Now Saviour of the Real posted the following image on page 4 of this thread... BTW Saviour I would like to thank you for providing us with so many leads to help us prove our point Much appreciated

SOURCE: CLEMENTINE - USGS IMAGES

This image is a composite with the previous image of the Earth showing Africa that has been enhanced and enlarged, then pasted above the b&w image of the moon at an altitude lower than it really is. Its a promotional picture. This line is found below the image at the USGS website...

"The Earth actually appeared about twice as far above the lunar horizon as shown."

Here are two more images from the same source proving once and for all that the camera on board Clementine not only CAN but DOES take real, normal, visible light spectrum images in true color, and very nice ones at that The images below were taken while Clementine was on its way to the moon, and with the MEDIUM UV/VIS camera!

Earth-Moon Transit Images:
The two images below are the Earth as viewed by the UVVIS camera while Clementine was in transit to the Moon. - USGS

Earth 1

Earth 2

Here is the source of PDF Official Mission File... Look it over and we will bring it up again later to discuss the satellite itself.

Department of Defense's Ballistic Missile Defense Organization
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory PDF File

www.llnl.gov...

Pawn takes Queen's Knight

Continued...

[edit on 18-12-2006 by zorgon]

posted on Dec, 18 2006 @ 02:52 PM
link   
The Image below has been posted here by others as representing a true image of Aristarchus Crater taken by the Hubble Space Telescope...

This is very misleading...

The above image was created by J. Garvin and his team. It is a composite image that is one frame of an animation. Below is the relevant data. You can compare the name on the image above to those below and check it out yourselves.

HST imagery of Aristarchus Crater draped over simulated topography

Animators:
Greg Shirah (Lead)
Alex Kekesi
Greg Bacon
Studio: SVS
Completed: 2005-10-12
Scientist:
James Garvin (NASA/GSFC)
Instruments:
HST/ACS
Clementine/HIRES
Data Collected:
HST: 2005/08/16 - 2005/08/21;
Clementine: 1998/02/07-1999/06/25

SOURCE: NASA/Goddard Space Flight Center Scientific Visualization Studio

Clementine 1998 to 1999???

:shk:

[b[Coming soon...

The Mystery of Clementine Explored - Science Fiction or Truth?

(your going to love this one....
)

On behalf of the group, thanks to all the "Silent Watchers"

Happy Holidays to Everyone
From the Pegasus Group

posted on Dec, 18 2006 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgonLet me set this to rest once and for all. The data I am going to provide here is taken from the PDF mission report courtesy of the Department of Defense's Ballistic Missile Defense Organization, the very people who funded the mission. One of my contacts linked me to the document so we can lay the color issue to rest.
As I said before, it's not my intention to fill this thread with arguments about colour, but since we are speaking of it, I will answer.

Nothing that you said shows that the photos you and others are posting were taken using the broadband filter, the only filter on that camera capable of giving us a colour image like what we would see if we were there.

So my doubt about the colours remains.

Keep investigating, I am sure there are many things still to uncover.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join