It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

immigration: justice or political ploy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2006 @ 12:00 AM
link   
something that hits a little close to home (45 miles south of one of the targets and also close with several people affected in that community).

is this just an example of the legal system catching up to criminal activity? or is it the corporate bigwigs making a sacrifice to grease the wheels?

with accusations of identity theft in addition to bribery and criminal negligence being thrown at all parties involved, what is in fact the true, moral justice in this situation?

apnews.myway.com...

posted on Dec, 15 2006 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Already covered Here, and in ATSNN.

If you read the linked articles the companies are taking the stand that the Feds violated their "agreement" with them regarding verified employees.

I happen to believe that the employers of illegal immigrants should be forced to pay a heavy fine AND do at least 10 days in jail for each violation. Once it starts hitting their own pockets you will see less employment for illegal immigrants and more employment of U.S. Citizens.

posted on Dec, 15 2006 @ 01:47 AM
link   
i looked and didn't find those threads... and i try to be good about that too. thanks! mods can close thread if you want, or move to the other discussions too.

*hits self over the head with the search function*

join