It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI: Jailed cleric's illness triggers al Qaeda attack fears

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 11:41 PM
link   
After the hundreds of "terror" threats and many "foiled" terror plots.
They could actually be right this time.
This could become a trigger event/excuse for something to happen.

(CNN))-WASHINGTON (CNN) -- The imprisoned blind cleric who inspired the 1993 World Trade Center bombing has been hospitalized, raising fears of new attacks if he dies in U.S. custody, the FBI said in a bulletin.
Radical Egyptian cleric Omar Abdel-Rahman, 68, spat up blood on December 6 and was rushed to a hospital, the FBI notice said.

www.cnn.com...

Abdel-Rahman has strong ties to al Qaeda and is seen as a key theological force behind the terror group. He is an influential figure for Egyptian Islamic Jihad, most of whose members joined al Qaeda. He has been mentioned often by Osama bin Laden and his deputy, Ayman al-Zawahiri.

www.cnn.com...

The cleric has been imprisoned since 1995 for inspiring the 1993 World Trade Center attack and a thwarted plot to attack bridges and tunnels, an FBI building and U.N. headquarters in New York.

www.cnn.com...

The FBI bulletin includes what it said was Abdel-Rahman's last will and testament distributed at an al Qaeda news conference in 1998: "My brothers, if they kill me -- which they will certainly do -- hold my funeral and send my corpse to my family but do not let my blood be shed in vain. Rather extract the most violent revenge."

www.cnn.com...

The bulletin is intended to alert all those in law enforcement of the possibility of a threat.

www.cnn.com...

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 11:43 PM
link   
another sad attempt to scare the public into submission . fear fear fear.
we will make you safe.
i heard on CNN the FBI could;t confirm or had any evidence for their reasoning.

join