It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shriners

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by topsecretombomb
Yea sure you hear about Catholic preachers molesting children but how many catholic preachers come forward ending up being Masons? I find that sorta wierd, and no thats not just coincidence lol!

Did you meander onto the forums last night after being away for 4 years and decide to vomit perfusely your mundane incompetent intelligence all over the Secret Societies Forum? Because, that kinda what I am getting.

I will ask, though I shouldn't. Proof?

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Yea sure you hear about Catholic preachers molesting children but how many catholic preachers come forward ending up being Masons? I find that sorta wierd, and no thats not just coincidence lol!

What is a "Catholic Preacher"? Perhaps a Dominican (OP - "Order of Preachers")?

Not much heard about the non-Catholic ministers who molest or beat kids within an inch of their life, but then again, they aren't as big and visible as the CC, don't have the potential for a quick pay-off for a claim, and it doesn't fit the agenda of celebacy = closeted pervert. How many molesters are married, or otherwise "straight" men? To imply that celebacy causes pediophile tendencies is just as absurd as to imply that marriage did for the molesters who are married family men.

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Even if the following info contains some flaws(which it most likely does), it probably brings us closer to the truth in regard to the question of the origins of the Shriners:

forums.sohh.com...

www.google.com...

[edit on 1-4-2007 by Tamahu]

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zhenyghi

How many molesters are married, or otherwise "straight" men?

Most cases of child abuse are by close family members, and the vast majority are by heterosexual men preying on and victimizing young, vulnerable, trusting, girls. The religion, occupation, nationality, and whatever else these molesters can be labelled by, runs the spectrum. It is not true that catholic preachers are any more likely to molest than say, american elementary school teachers, or Canadian policemen. The only obvious common trait is the majority of child abuse is by straight men, on their child age female relatives. As for masons and catholics... they are a rare item. Usually they are at odds with each other. My ancestors hated catholics, and they were nearly all freemasons. It is only within the last 25 or so years that catholics were allowed to be freemasons. It is sad that groups such as the Shriners can do so much obvious, and provable, good works, yet face such slanderous and baseless attacks at the same time. It is just fear, masked by hate, because of more fear, that people could just ignore such good works, and swallow such codswallop. But, imo, to spread such nasty, hurtful rumours without any proof they are true other than 'he said so.', is worse than that. That is closer to being called hate-mongering.

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 11:44 PM
link   

so is it true about the shriners only giving children a portion of the money they get? funny how you hear about masons molesting children then having their own hospitals for children?

tell me im dreaming!

No you are spreading lies, and hate is likely growing due to your actions. In my family tree, there are masons going back as far as I can look, and not one of them was anything but a good person, from my research. Masons are not at all able to be associated with molesters, as you are mean spiritedly trying to do. Molesters exist everywhere, including even your particular clique, demographic, or whatever you are a part of, there are some people who are child abusers, topsecretombomb.
But I will not spend time singling out your peers alone, and pointing the finger at them... for they are not any different than masons, catholics, or anyone.
Love all people, never hate.

posted on May, 19 2007 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tamahu
forums.sohh.com...

www.google.com...

I know it looks messy(I don't have time to shorten all the links with URL brackets), but the following info is well worth looking at at the very least:

www.amazon.com...=sib_dp_pt/002-6629313-5756021#reader-link

www.amazon.com...=si3_rdr_bb_product/002-6629313-5756021

www.amazon.com...=si3_rdr_bb_product/002-6629313-5756021

*Snip*

www.al-ahari.com...

www.al-ahari.com...

www.al-ahari.com...

www.moorishacademy.org...

www.ismaili.net...

www.songsouponsea.com...

*Snip*

[Mod Edit - snipped improperly posted links to regain page format]

[edit on 20/1/2009 by Sauron]

posted on May, 19 2007 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Yea sure you hear about Catholic preachers molesting children but how many catholic preachers come forward ending up being Masons?

To my knowledge, the number is zero. I've never heard of a Catholic priest convicted of pedophilia who turned out to be a Mason.

posted on May, 20 2007 @ 12:52 PM
link   

ya just keep ignoring me guys. then we come to find out those catholic preachers who were touching kids were masons. lmfao.

damn whats going on here......

everybody research up the prohpecy clubs bill schnoebelen. he has videos that you can download which describe how the shriners rip off children. it gets really lame and old when you hear about shriners and ex masons coming forward in admittance of cruel things, then hearing from other ''masons'' that the accounts schnoebelen say arent true.

ya nice try.

Bill Schnoebelen , I have watched his videos, you failed to mention that he also claims to have joined the Church of Satan, the Mormons,A warlock in control of all the witches of an incredibly large geographic territory(Nevermind the fact that warlock is an insulting term to a male witch as it means betrayer) and even a fake concordant degree of Masonry that DOES NOT EXIST, and also that he claims that before he was born again he had the choice of vampirism or lycanthropy (turning into a vampire or a werewolf) and he chose to become a vampire, then he goes on an insane tyrade about how he lived only on blood and fed off of people, and was turning into a vampire. I would take anything that someone that makes claims like that with a grain of salt.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   
To clear up one thing...

I am a Master Mason, 32nd Degree, Knight Templar and Shriner.

There are however other degrees beyond these which are in most cases invitational. In other words someone asks you if you would be interested in seeking further advancement.

The people who are asked are usually ones who show a true love of the craft.

I have received the 90th Degree as well as 120th Degree, and yes they do exist and were regularly practiced up until the late 1800's.

These Degrees are referred to as the Rites of Mizraim and Memphis and relate back to the Ancient Egyptian Masonry.

Thanks for reading.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
To clear up one thing...

I am a Master Mason, 32nd Degree, Knight Templar and Shriner....

I have received the 90th Degree as well as 120th Degree, and yes they do exist and were regularly practiced up until the late 1800's.

That's true, but a word of warning here: the practice of Memphis and Mitzraim are considered irregular by US Grand Lodges, and you risk expulsion from regular Masonry by associating with those rites.

The only legitimate Masonic body in the US that has jurisdiction over Memphis and Mitzraim is the Grand College of Rites of the United States, and they do not confer the degrees.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join