It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shriners

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 10:55 PM
link   
I apologize if this is a simple question, but I have heard conflicting answers, so I figured I'd bring it to the ATS community.

I have read and heard that you must be a 33rd degree Freemason before you can enter the Shriners. My great grandfather was a very active Shriner, this is one reason I am so curious. I have also heard from other sources that any Freemason of the Blue Lodge degrees can become a Shriner. If you could elaborate and explain the truth I would be greatful.

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 11:05 PM
link   
First, I know very little about Freemasonry. According to the Shriners website you need to be a Third Degree Mason of the Blue Lodge. Once you are a Third Degree Mason you can join Shriners, York Rite, Scottish Rite, ect.

posted on Dec, 15 2006 @ 01:38 AM
link   
acually, if i remember right, it is 6th degree scottish rite in the US, i dont know off hand if the shriners operate in the UK or else where.. but if they do it is likely that they have some other recuirement because the scottish rite is not as regularly practiced in the rest of the world.

But if you do a search on the shriners it will likely be where you find an offical answer.. the web is full of masonic information.. and only about 2/3s of it is complete BS

posted on Dec, 15 2006 @ 08:08 AM
link   
You must be a master mason(third degree) and then you may join any of the
appendant bodies such as the Shrine and Scottish rite.

To the best of my knowledge the Shrine is an American organization.

posted on Dec, 15 2006 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by thexsword
I apologize if this is a simple question, but I have heard conflicting answers, so I figured I'd bring it to the ATS community.

I have read and heard that you must be a 33rd degree Freemason before you can enter the Shriners. My great grandfather was a very active Shriner, this is one reason I am so curious. I have also heard from other sources that any Freemason of the Blue Lodge degrees can become a Shriner. If you could elaborate and explain the truth I would be greatful.

thexsword,

At one time it was required that one be either a 32nd (not 33rd) Degree member of the Scottish Rite or a Knight Templar of the York Rite in order to become a Shriner. That rule was dropped a few years back and, as has been said by others in replies above, one must now be a 3rd Degree (Master Mason).

Their web-site is here:

www.shrinershq.org...

and there is a good document available there called "Shriner Primer" that will tell you just about everything you'd want to know about the Ancient Arabic Order of the Nobles of the Mystic Shrine.

appak

-A Shriner myself

posted on Dec, 15 2006 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Becon of Light
acually, if i remember right, it is 6th degree scottish rite in the US, i dont know off hand if the shriners operate in the UK or else where.. but if they do it is likely that they have some other recuirement because the scottish rite is not as regularly practiced in the rest of the world.

Traditionally, it was a requirement that Shrine candidates be eith 32nd degree in the Scottish Rite or Knight Templar in the York Rite. This requirement was dropped in 2001, and now Master Masons may become Shriners without joining the scottish and/or York Rites.

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Thank you all for your help. I appriciate it.

posted on Dec, 18 2006 @ 01:59 AM
link   
i was on bc ferries from nanaimo to vancouver (canada) and they annouced that their was Mason Shriners collectig money for their Shriners hospital across north america. they were all in their Mason outfits and it was really strange, never seen that before...

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 03:30 AM
link   
so is it true about the shriners only giving children a portion of the money they get? funny how you hear about masons molesting children then having their own hospitals for children?

tell me im dreaming!

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Oh and just to clear things up. A 3rd degree Master Mason is Officially the highest degree. Well in the sense that no other degree is above it.

There are 3 degree in the blue lodge...Entered Apprentice, Fellow Craft, and Master Mason. Once you rise to the 3rd degree. You can join any of the appendant(sp?) bodies including the shriners, york rite, and the Scottish rite. But even a 33rd degree scottish rite has no higher say than a 3rd degree master mason in the blue lodge.

[edit on 22-12-2006 by Criniit]

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by topsecretombomb
so is it true about the shriners only giving children a portion of the money they get? funny how you hear about masons molesting children then having their own hospitals for children?

tell me im dreaming!

I wish I understood what you meant. The Masons do NOT molest ANYONE.
When the Shriners raise money for the Shriners Hospitals for children, it goes
to the hospitals.

Like any fund raising there may be some administrative costs such as supplies
and what not, but as the Shriners are volunteers the rest goes to the hospital.

I am not a Shriner, but I am a Mason and this is my understanding.

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Criniit
Oh and just to clear things up. A 3rd degree Master Mason is Officially the highest degree. Well in the sense that no other degree is above it.

There are 3 degree in the blue lodge...Entered Apprentice, Fellow Craft, and Master Mason. Once you rise to the 3rd degree. You can join any of the appendant(sp?) bodies including the shriners, york rite, and the Scottish rite. But even a 33rd degree scottish rite has no higher say than a 3rd degree master mason in the blue lodge.

[edit on 22-12-2006 by Criniit]

How does one decide which body to join once he becomes a Master Mason? There are so many different ones? Perhaps someone in the know could recomend one for an aspiring Mason.

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Roy Branegif
How does one decide which body to join once he becomes a Master Mason? There are so many different ones? Perhaps someone in the know could recomend one for an aspiring Mason.

All Masons petition and join the Symbolic Lodge (sometimes called the Craft Lodge or Blue Lodge) which confers the 1st - 3rd Degrees inclusive. Once one has attained the 3rd (Master Mason) Degree he is eligible to petition the York Rite or the Scottish Rite, also to join the Shrine, the Grotto, and a few other groups including the Eastern Star, Amaranth, etc (the last two allow Master Masons AND their wives, by the way)

However, one does not HAVE to join any of the Rites or concordant degrees. Some Master Masons remain members of the Symbolic Lodge alone for their entire lives. So it's not necessary to join anything beyond the Symbolic Lodge if one chooses not to.

And to keep this topic conspiracy-related, those who never go beyond (note I did not say "above") the Third Degree, are the same ones that anti-Masons very ignorantly claim know nothing of the secret evil doings of the "higher-ups"

posted on Dec, 25 2006 @ 04:09 AM
link   
ya just keep ignoring me guys. then we come to find out those catholic preachers who were touching kids were masons. lmfao.

damn whats going on here......

everybody research up the prohpecy clubs bill schnoebelen. he has videos that you can download which describe how the shriners rip off children. it gets really lame and old when you hear about shriners and ex masons coming forward in admittance of cruel things, then hearing from other ''masons'' that the accounts schnoebelen say arent true.

ya nice try.

posted on Dec, 25 2006 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Merry Christmas everyone, if you even celebrate it where you are. Hey I have a question that probably won't be conspiracy related so come to think of it I guess I won't ask it. Peace

posted on Dec, 25 2006 @ 08:25 AM
link   

ya just keep ignoring me guys. then we come to find out those catholic preachers who were touching kids were masons.

Why don't you tell us? Where'd you hear this? How do you KNOW it to be true? Someone told you?

everybody research up the prohpecy clubs bill schnoebelen.

I've read quite enough of ol' Bill. Thank you though.

he has videos that you can download

You and Pepsi should get together. He believes everything he sees on videos too.

which describe how the shriners rip off children.

Yep. ABSOLUTELY FREE orthopedic and burn care...sure sounds like a "rip off" doesn't it.

it gets really lame

Sort of like this thread, huh?

Hey, I've got a novel idea. How 'bout some FACTS to back up what you say rather than questionable (at best) videos and wild speculation?

That'd sure be a switch.

posted on Dec, 25 2006 @ 08:57 AM
link   

ya just keep ignoring me guys. then we come to find out those catholic preachers who were touching kids were masons.

We do? When did we "find out" this little piece of info? Which one was a Mason?

I suggest that Topsecretbomb is purposely lying, which is in blatant violation of this forum's rules.

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 09:31 PM
link   
i dont appreciate your intentions of trying to get me kicked off forums, im simply providing things ive heard from credible sources.
bill schnoebelen was an ex mason, an ex rosi crossmen, an ex illumanist, ex oto, and an 33rd degree mason in the scottish right. im sure you guys have heard of him and im sure you guys dislike his teachings, why somebody might ask? because hes honest im most certainly sure.

why in the hell would i purposely lie masonic light? lol!

everybody feast your minds!
video.google.com...:en-US
fficial&sa=N&tab=iv

[edit on 28-12-2006 by topsecretombomb]

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 11:18 PM
link   

ya just keep ignoring me guys. then we come to find out those catholic preachers who were touching kids were masons. lmfao.

everybody research up the prohpecy clubs bill schnoebelen. he has videos that you can download which describe how the shriners rip off children. it gets really lame and old when you hear about shriners and ex masons coming forward in admittance of cruel things, then hearing from other ''masons'' that the accounts schnoebelen say arent true.

ya nice try.

Bill Schnoebelen claims to have been a 90th degree mason, satanist, wiccan and LDS member at the same time he was attending a Catholic university and yet you find him to be a very credible person and expect us to suddenly abandon reason and swallow his bull just because his lies agree with your personal opinions... and you say WE are delusional ?

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 11:20 PM
link   

bill schnoebelen was an ex mason, an ex rosi crossmen, an ex illumanist, ex oto, and an 33rd degree mason in the scottish right.

How do you know he was any of these? were you a member of any of this organisation? have you seen any roster of member list of these groups?

why in the hell would i purposely lie masonic light? lol!

it has been my experience that people need to reason to lie, i have known many people who lie for the simple pleasure they get from deceiving others.

and some people here spread lies about masons out of jealousy.. of what i have no idea. others spread lies out of spite, because they are trolls who just love being disruptive.

and lastly.. you claim that the masons here are ignoring you... your post about supposed child molestation by shriners was answered by a mason exactly 4 hours and 7 minutes later.. did you just miss that? or were you ignoring it?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join