It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teachers packing heat

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:
SR

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Roper
Why are there school shootings?

Answer.

A target rich environment and no one to use deadly force in return.

Allow teachers the choice of carrying a concealed firearm and the bad guy will think twice. The illusion that a teacher has a firearm maybe enough to stop a school shooting.

Roper

Although i agree with this it's a very questionable subject because we all know what's waiting to happen i.e. A teacher just breaking down and blasting students.

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Isn't erroneous information as dangerous and a fired bullet?

Roper

Huh? Call me wacky but I personally would much rather be lied to than shot!

Oh, I get it. This is some kind of put down of teachers and the "liberal" education system. Run for school board then and change it.

[edit on 20-12-2006 by whaaa]

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Isn't erroneous information as dangerous and a fired bullet?

True, but that would be an entirely different topic, altogether.

My point here was the emphasis of guns in the classroom.

Anything else, would be worthy of a thread all it's own.

Allow teachers the choice of carrying a concealed firearm and the bad guy will think twice. The illusion that a teacher has a firearm maybe enough to stop a school shooting.

Yes, it may. But it would most likely remove the threat, but move it elsewhere. If a student is hellbent on obtaining a gun for whatever purpose, if he were not able to carry out his plans at school, don't you think he might just carry out his plans elsewhere? I.e., at home, the neighborhood "hangout", the local mall, etc., etc.

You see the problem with kids getting a hold of a gun, is not just that they may bring it to school. But that they were able to obtain one, in the first place. And even before that, what motivated the actions in the first place? That is what should be the focus, imo.

Sorry for straying from the topic a bit, but it was necessary.

edit = clarity

[edit on 12/20/2006 by Mechanic 32]

<< 1   >>

join