It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are there so many Atheists on FST?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth

Originally posted by kinglizard
I was just curious why some things in the bible you accept and others you reject. Are you your own God, passing laws and creating your own tailored religion?

No, I just don't accept the standard interpretation of things... By the way, thge interpretation that the modern day "church" expounds was created by man , not God.. And don't give me this "Pastors are divinely inspired," crap because I will call bs in a hurry on that..

If the "God" you worship is not present within them, then surely your God does not exist everywhere, nor is your God within man. Since the divine you worship does not exist within all souls, nor is your God the seed of their being, then perhaps the God you say is God, is not the God of the bible.

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher
If the "God" you worship is not present within them, then surely your God does not exist everywhere, nor is your God within man. Since the divine you worship does not exist within all souls, nor is your God the seed of their being, then perhaps the God you say is God, is not the God of the bible.

:shk:
Funny, typical,but funny.. So, since I don't follow along the lines with the rest of the mind drones, I am not worshipping the one true God,eh?
Your implications are more than a little insulting. However, I have come to expect it from those who walk as sheep and blindly follow the status quo.

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Source/Link:
dictionary.reference.com...

Atheist: one who denies or disbelieves the existence of a supreme being or beings.

Source/Link:
encarta.msn.com...

Heist: theft: a theft or robbery, especially of money or valuables, usually involving the use of weapons

Somewhere in the bible i think it was written:
"Like a thief in the night"

Thieves steal things, right?
What happens at a heist?

At Heist AT + HEIST = ATHEIST

But, don't worry. Even Athiests love Jesus!

I mean, the whole point of "Christianity" is to be more like Christ, right?

That is what "Christianity" means, correct? One who is like Christ, right?

And, Christianity is also the belief that there was no seperation between Christ and God, right?

Christianity is the belief that Christ was God.

And Christians are trying to be more like Christ, who was God, so Christians are trying to be more like God, right?

Follow my logice here:

Atheist: one who denies or disbelieves the existence of a supreme being or beings.

Then, in accordance with the interpretation of the first commandment, God acknowledges that there is no supreme being or supreme beings from God's perspective. Therefore, God seems to fit the definition of atheist.

I'll say that one more time:
By God's own admission in the first commandment, God does not acknowledge, nor recognize any supreme being or supreme beings. Therefore, God does fit the definition of an atheist.

And, since God has admitted to being an atheist, and since Christ is God, and Christians are by the very definition of "Christian" trying to be more like Christ, then Christians are trying to be more like God. And, since God is an atheist, then Christians are trying to be more like Atheists.

Is this against the status quo enough?

Or do you personally think i'm missing something?

[edit on 16-12-2006 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Esoteric, I think I am missing something.. Umm, firstly, I am not an athiest. I very much believe in God.. However, you addressed a conversation I and Kinglizard were having about where I came to form my, as kinglizard worded it, "Quasi-Christianity."

I was explaining to him that one didn't have to meet in groups in oirder to interpret scripture for themselves and that I didn't think pastos were "divinely inspired." Then you stated this,

Esoteric said

In response Speaker said,

Funny, typical,but funny.. So, since I don't follow along the lines with the rest of the mind drones, I am not worshipping the one true God,eh? Your implications are more than a little insulting. However, I have come to expect it from those who walk as sheep and blindly follow the status quo.

No where in the resulting post did you answer my question.. "So, since I don't follow along the lines with the rest of the mind drones, I am not worshipping the one true God,eh? " I am real interested in seein how you will answer this. Since this comment here,

seems to imply that you do mean this, "since I don't follow along the lines with the rest of the mind drones, I am not worshipping the one true God,eh? " I'd like to know why you think that.

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 03:03 PM
link   

I was explaining to him that one didn't have to meet in groups in oirder to interpret scripture for themselves and that I didn't think pastos were "divinely inspired."

If not divinely inspired, then they must not have a connection with the God of creation. So, if they are not attached to the truth of creation, then what else besides the divine inspired them to become pastors?

Then you stated this,

Esoteric said

In response Speaker said,

Funny, typical,but funny.. So, since I don't follow along the lines with the rest of the mind drones, I am not worshipping the one true God,eh? Your implications are more than a little insulting. However, I have come to expect it from those who walk as sheep and blindly follow the status quo.

No where in the resulting post did you answer my question.. "So, since I don't follow along the lines with the rest of the mind drones, I am not worshipping the one true God,eh? "

No, you are not. You are saying that there is not truth within the "mind drones" teachings. Since there is no truth in following along their lines, then there must not be anything of the God of Truth in their lines. And, since God is the source of truth, then you are saying that there is no God within them. Which is your justification for not accepting their truth, because their truth is not truth, nor is it the result of the god of truth. this is one way i can interpret what you said, and i think i replied accordingly.

I am real interested in seein how you will answer this. Since this comment here,

seems to imply that you do mean this, "since I don't follow along the lines with the rest of the mind drones, I am not worshipping the one true God,eh? " I'd like to know why you think that.

Respond to what?

I think the True God exists within all things.

Your words tell me that your God does not exist within the interpretations of others. They are just "mind drones". This is my response to your question.

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Somewhere in the bible i think it was written:
"Like a thief in the night"

Yes. It refers to the coming of the Lord. He will come as a thief in the night. What does that have to do with atheism? I'm pretty sure the original aramaic word from which "theif" was translated wouldn't match up so well with the aramaic word from which "heist" would be translated ... although I could be wrong...

At Heist AT + HEIST = ATHEIST

More like:
Theism is the belief in the existence of one or more Gods or deities.
Atheism or antitheism is the disbelief in same.

Much like Apolitical (having no interest or involvement in political affairs) or Asexual (lacking sex or functional sex organs).

Aren't word games fun?

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 05:28 PM
link   

I was explaining to him that one didn't have to meet in groups in oirder to interpret scripture…

We don’t “have to meet in groups”, we CHOOSE to meet in groups because we wish to study and grow in faith.

… I didn't think pastos were "divinely inspired."

I think pastors, priests and all of Gods children CAN be "divinely inspired” though I don’t believes it comes with the acquisition of a title.

I believe we are all equal in Gods eyes.

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Then, in accordance with the interpretation of the first commandment,

Whose interpretation?

God acknowledges that there is no supreme being or supreme beings from God's perspective.

No, he doesn't. You added the "from his perspective" part yourself and I see no indication for that to be added.

Exodus 20:1-3 And God spake all these words, saying, 2 I am the LORD thy God, which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage. 3 Thou shalt have no other gods before me.

As we can see, God proclaims himself as God. He definitely believes in the existence of a God and He is it.
Nothing about his perspective... Just "I am your God"

In verse 3, He states that we shall have no other god before him. Again, affirming his position as God and his belief in same, before which we shall hold no other god.

Nope, I'm not buying that God is atheist.

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Word games are indeed fun, but in the end they're pointless.

Trying to get something out of fusing words together is rather idiotic, I mean c'mon now, English ain't all that old, and the bible sure the heck wasn't first wrote in English so wtf is the point of trying to get some mystical mumbo jumbo out of the words eh?

It's funny to watch however.

Today at work someone tried to recruit me for their cult err church, asked me if I died today, would I go to hell or heaven? I looked this guy in the eyes and said, what does it matter? When I'm dead I get to stop working. Regardless this guy wanted me to attend his church sunday. I scanned over his jailhouse tats, perhaps a reborn on a mission to save everyone? Even gave me a pamphlet, which I threw in the trash. Zodiac worship.

I get along fine without going to a building every sunday and forking over dollars, and hearing about how I'm a sinner and if I don't repent I shall burn forever and a day in the fiery pits of hell.

lovely how religion mutates over the centuries to fit the needs of the peoples.

Constantine died a pagan, yet needed 1 religion to rule 1 empire, with 1 emperor, religion is indeed the opiate of the masses.

Just because we don't follow the trademark religion of christanity doesn't mean we are immoral and flowing with evil. TBH thats what I love about this country freedom of choice of religion, I don't hold anything against those who do worship a god. I don't consider them to be less intelligent or any such thing, I don't try and force my belief upon them, however many many many of them want to force theirs upon me.

They want to "save" me, when I've nothing I need to be saved from.

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Ok, Esoteric

I guess I must have completely misunderstood what you were trying to say.
:shk: I guess it's not that unusual.
Anyway, I want to apologise for being so combative..

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Nope, I'm not buying that God is atheist.

Can i pray to who god prays to and worships?

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 06:05 PM
link   
If you can figure out who that is and you want to, I have no problem with it.

But why would God have to pray to and worship anyone? Why assume the 'ladder' contunues beyond the top?

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 06:09 PM
link   

But why would God have to pray to and worship anyone?

God would not have to pray to and worship anyone. Essentially, just like an atheist.

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Well all I can say is that I'm atheist for the most, until it comes to worshipping Lucifer.

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Ok, Esoteric

I guess I must have completely misunderstood what you were trying to say.
:shk: I guess it's not that unusual.
Anyway, I want to apologise for being so combative..

No apology necessary. I understood what it was you were trying to share.

Perhaps the only reason you misunderstood what it was i was trying to say was because of my writing style. sometimes i say too much and the meaning of the idea i was trying to share gets lost or confused.

I blame my writing style for the confusion as well. Not entirely your fault for misunderstanding, my fault, too.

thanks,
john

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 06:25 PM
link   

@ Spine

Why are you criticising me? Did you not read my take on the whole atheism thing? Apparently not...I suggest you take a look at what I said about atheism before you start criticising me.. I am not a typical Christian.. I couldn't care less what you believe as long as your beliefs don't infringe upon what I believe..
[edit on 16-12-2006 by SpeakerofTruth]

Bah, it went from being directed at your quote to being directed at people who act like I described. It was more of an open plea...

I can honestly say that it was not about you for more then maybe a line (the part about agreeing that we are fools).

I ramble sometimes and I apologize for the misunderstanding :bnghd:

I really was not trying to insult you.

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by laiguana
Well all I can say is that I'm atheist for the most, until it comes to worshipping Lucifer.

I know its all fun and games now with the being different, dark, mysterious, misunderstood young adult thing but just by you saying what you have said is inviting him to you. You have a big fat welcome sign on your door and believe me, the last thing you want to hear is a knock on your door. I suggest you stop toying with these things.

You are blessed, unique, different and loved just the way you are.

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 06:31 PM
link   

God would not have to pray to and worship anyone.

Yes, because he is God. (If you believe in that sort of thing.)

Essentially, just like an atheist.

Essentially, just like a rock, too. But a rock isn't atheist. Not praying and worshipping something doesn't make one an atheist. Not BELIEVING in a deity makes one an atheist. God believes in a deity - himself. Therefore he is not atheist.

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Not BELIEVING in a deity makes one an atheist. God believes in a deity - himself. Therefore he is not atheist.

By the same logic: Then if atheists believe in themselves, certainly they are not atheists.

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Then if atheists believe in themselves, certainly they are not atheists.

No, because while they believe in themselves, they don't believe themselves to be a god.

You're a trip!

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join