It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woo-Hoo! Pictures of terrorists in transport

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2002 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Lupe - how familiar are you with detention procedures? Are you against the fairly standard practice of having the person two steps out from a wall, leaning into the wall supported only by thier fingertips, with their legs crossed?

These procedures are designed with the safety of our soldiers in mind. By hooding them, you take away the ability to see, and you know as well as I do that it is VERY difficult to hit something you can't see. Also, the earpieces. Those were for the prisoners own protection as the inside of cargo planes is very loud. If you notice, the US military personnel in the planes have ear protection as well.

William, I believe that these folks fall under the category of Unlawful Combatants, thus, the Geneva Convention doesn't apply to them.

Next, nyeff mentioned something very important. Look at the way people, our soldiers as well as coalition soldiers, are treated. I will cite the stories of Michael Durant and Andy McNabb as examples. Durant was severly beaten in Somalia and McNabb was severly beaten during interrogations in Iraq during the Gulf War. The people in these planes, although they want to kill thier captors, are treated very well. How well would they treat one of us if they caught us?

posted on Nov, 9 2002 @ 01:58 PM
link   
WILLIAM...When the guy in the picture is your brother, friend, father..that was fakely charged for such crimes that he did not commit...
BELIEVE ME ...it would not be as funny anymore..
When your relative is lying on the ground blind folded...ropes tied aroun is his arms and legs and laying in such a way which even looks disgustingly uncomfortable in a picture...than i will come and ask you how you feel about it.
You shall not make fun of such people, when you, yourself do not know the truth? Can you not feel the heat? When will you understand? When will heart lend a hand to a stanger in need??
And God said..You shall treat people bad even if they have done something..ignore them, and He will take care of it.

I dont blaim you tho WILLIAM, this is the attitude of a typical white male (not meant as racist and not meant as a whole either..im just statistically speaking)
OrionSirius

posted on Nov, 9 2002 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Orion...

Is a relative of yours in those pictures? I'm confused?

When was I "making fun" of these people? At what point did my comments smake of "white male" narrowism?

You said: "When will heart lend a hand to a stanger in need?" Very often in my case as a matter of fact... but that does not relate to these pictures, which are, for all practical purposes, enemy combtants on their way to more permanent detention. If they're not, then deeper questions need to be asked, but so far, no one has claimed otherwise.

posted on Nov, 9 2002 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I was watching Channel 4 news(UK)and a funny thing happened.During a story about the new UN resolution while Bush was speaking a photo flashed.It was one of the ones above.The one with the Stars and Stripes in the background.I don't know if anybody else saw it.At first I thought"Jeeps,They've just put a subliminal message up"but a lot later there was a story about these photos.So now I don't know if it was just a technical fault.If you saw this please tell me what you thought.Thanks.

posted on Nov, 11 2002 @ 03:37 AM
link   
"These procedures are designed with the safety of our soldiers in mind. By hooding them, you take away the ability to see, and you know as well as I do that it is VERY difficult to hit something you can't see. Also, the earpieces. Those were for the prisoners own protection as the inside of cargo planes is very loud. If you notice, the US military personnel in the planes have ear protection as well. "

thats fine but I don' think its why they're hooded. They really don't pose any threat to the people in the air craft hoods or no hoods its done as an intimidation technique, check some of the studys conducted on prison procedure (specifically "the row" )

thats why its outlawed on long distance travell, its classed as torture. Further as Orion (rather too emotively for my taste) put it, these people probably aren't charged with anything, agiain we assume they are terrorists because they are being treated as such, given our record so far, several of these people could be completely inofennsive civilians.

posted on Nov, 11 2002 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Too bad they are hoodwinked, they can't see that beautiful (and ironically placed) Stars and Bars above their head!

As a further note, both my grandpas served in WW2 one in the Navy in the pacific, the other in the Army in Europe.

When my granfather that was in the army (he went through the battle of the bulge, and spent more time behind enemy lines then most would like to) he came back to hmm...missouri...where they had a large fort there. Ugh maybe it was Kansas I forget that part....and well he was with my grandma and they were driving, it was kansas...and he was lost so he pulled up to the fence of the fort.

He got out to ask for directions...he saw a soldier at the fence so he went up and asked him how to get where he was going...and the soldier answered "Ich nein spreche english" or how ever you'd say it exactly...so he calmly walks back to the car and says to my grandma...He's a Damn KRAUT! You'd never even know it!!??

That's how well we treated our prisoners then...AND NOW!

Sincerely,
no signature

posted on Nov, 11 2002 @ 04:33 AM
link   
can't re,member who said that you should judge a nation by its prisons, Orwell? hmm canny remember.

hearing lots and lots of people going "yeah you think we treat em bad? how you reackon they treat us?" that is Sooooooooooooooooo not the point

If we are to fight against evil then we must first be better than evil. our standards must be higher, our compassion and humility greater, bitter pill as it is to swallow, we must Love our enemy and treat them with respect and kindness.

Thats what makes wars just.
thats what makes our stance ritious.

and from that premise only can wars actually be won.

If we want to win this war then the only victory worth winning is the one against our own behaviour.

posted on Nov, 11 2002 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Yeah....we shouldn't pen them up like animals...we should judge them by their laws....it is only fair...since I am the only one here right now writing this, I pass the guilty verdict of attacking us and our fine institution....sentence: shall be the same as they do in their country...but I'll decide what sentence for what since of course...no one else is here...

For baring arms against the U.S.: Cut off hand.

For running from U.S. soldiers when asked to put their hands up: Cut off foot.

If they did both of the above: Cut off one hand, and one foot.

For shooting at U.S. soldiers: Cut off finger of remaining hand.

For yelling obscenities at U.S.: Cut off tongue.

For spitting at U.S.: Melt lips together.

For killing U.S. soldier: Stoning by U.S. personnell.

For being an accomplise to killing U.S. soldier: Death by shooting in head.

For burning U.S. flag and therefore a symbol of our great nation: Hanging.

I have proclaimed the sentences...may they be carried out immediately, sense the U.S. P.O.W. system is too unfair, we must judge them by their own laws.

Sincerely,
no signature

posted on Nov, 11 2002 @ 05:07 AM
link   
exactly my point, thanks for demonstrating it so succinctly.

"be careful in the pursuit of monsters that you yourself do not become a monster."
Miguel de Unanimo

posted on Nov, 11 2002 @ 08:28 AM
link   
FM, I could almost *see* the sarcasm dripping from your post...

Yep, you think they're being treated unfairly by UN & Geneva Convention laws, then treat them as if their own laws would treat us in their stead...

You've made a point that we *have* to be better than the evil we're fighting...And we *are* better than that.

Of course, that's not to say that I agree with the *reasons* why our troops are even over there in the first place...You can read some of my diatribes on *that* subject in other threads...

posted on Nov, 11 2002 @ 08:31 AM
link   
its not just about treating them better than they treat us. we have to treat them better than we actually want to treat them.

we have, in many senses, got to treat them better than we treat ourselves.

I have an odd feeling there will be people on this thread who simply don't get that though.

posted on Nov, 11 2002 @ 08:37 AM
link   
I understand it fully, last thing we need to do is make the world think WE'RE the bad guys. And making martyrs of these psychos won't be much help either.

No, we need to be able to send them back the way they came to us...or brand new if possible

Sincerely,
no signature

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join