It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Happened Next Writing Contest (WHNWC)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:
Ex

posted on Dec, 18 2006 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Thank You!
It is sincerely, my pleasure

posted on Dec, 19 2006 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Ooooooooo!!!!!

A challenge. I'll be entering of course and I hope I can write to the crowd as well as I think I can. *Cracks Knuckles*

I'll see the rest of you on the battle field.

Good luck,
Void

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 09:13 PM
link   
suhweet, I already came up with a terrific story, its not formatted like the one's already out but I think my story would be better with a loose interpretation due to it surrounds a date rather than a place

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 12:19 AM
link   
I'm now at my secure and undisclosed location I'll have a series of advisory teams examine my first draft. We'll rum a few computer simulations and see how it pans out. Since we've got so much time before submission deadlines, I see no need to rush.

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I think we've got a contest I can finally place in here. Matter of fact, if I didn't know better, the contest was built around a few things I've done before (I used google Earth extensively in Blood, and did the apocalyptic archaeologist adventure in Nephilim Insurrection, which I never finished)

This one should be a lot of fun.

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by masqua
it's a good idea to extend the deadline for this contest further back. Let's make it the end of February instead. That gives everyone interested an extra month.

I'm waiting until the very end before my story appears. Don't forget to use something factual as a basis for the story.

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I've actually found my link and source of inspiration for this challenge....haven't written it down yet, but the ideas are flowing freely.

if any of the contestants are as inspired as I am now...this is going to be one amazing and tough to judge contest.

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Just checking but - the deadline WAS moved to end of February, right?

[Hope so.]

- sofi

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 02:03 PM
link   
that's correct Sofi

March 1st is the deadline to get entries in and well with the wealth of intriguing news headlines in January alone, there's lots of fodder for writers to work from.

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by masqua
The story needs to be based on a factual bit of information which is linked in the 1rst paragraph. This could take the form of a recent news story or any other 'bit of reality'.

The story needs to be peppered with real-life places and events, to augment the 'believability' of the fiction.

I hope mine counts, its not exactly a recent news event but it is based on a 'bit of reality', even if it was in the distant past. I read it as needing to be based on a factual bit of information not neccesarily a recent news event? Is that right?

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Both your stories are acceptable, m4s

no worries

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 10:48 PM
link   
I am very eager to participate in the contest. I am so happy the deadline has been extended as I have just come upon this thread. I do have ideas flowing. I wanted to make sure of my subject. Can the story take place in the future based on actual current locations. Say San Diego but the year 2010? Also could this be written diary style as if the character were documenting his journey? Also, who will hold the copyrights to the story once it is submitted?

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 07:40 AM
link   
As long as the story has as its starting point something based in reality, then you can spin a yarn from that, even into the future as you suggested.

The story can be told through any style at all...

I wonder how many are considering the O'Hare Incident?

edit to add;

about the issue of copyright, please read this post.

[edit on 28/1/07 by masqua]

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Very excited about this as I just discovered this thread today. I am going to begin work on my masterpeice this evening. Thanks for another great writing contest!

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by nyk537
I am going to begin work on my masterpeice this evening.

The more, the merrier, says I.

Be sure to read all the conditions for submission.

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Hmmm i'd love to submit an entry for this, but with my busy posting schedule i'm not sure if i'll have time to type something coherent.

I guess time will tell.

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpaceCalamari
Hmmm i'd love to submit an entry for this, but with my busy posting schedule i'm not sure if i'll have time to type something coherent.

I guess time will tell.

You DO have until the end of the month, SC.

But, before you hit that 'enter post' button, be sure you know what's required for submissions to this particular contest.

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 07:45 AM
link   
So we can use events in the past as our base???

They do not have to be current event related??

This is going to be fun...

Semper

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Nope, you can use any event, even the sinking of the Titanic if you like.

As it says in the opening post;

The story needs to be based on a factual bit of information which is linked in the 1rst paragraph. This could take the form of a recent news story or any other 'bit of reality'.

"Get 'er done"

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Thank you!!!!!!

This is going to be GREAT!!!

Writing is very therapeutic for after my stress at work...

Semper

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join