It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flying in a fighter jet

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Here is one site that a person can buy a flight in a fighter jet- flymig.com Do any of you guys know any other aircraft that a person can fly in, execpt for a L-39, ive flown in that thing too many times.

posted on Dec, 15 2006 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I know you can fly in a russian foxbat, which takes you to the edge of space!! I've seen some videos of it, looks incredible. Although it'll set you back about 30,000 pounds.

posted on Dec, 15 2006 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Check out a company called Incredible Adventures

...now where did I put that lotto ticket?

posted on Dec, 15 2006 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Having ridden in the F-14, I'd rather save my money and but one of the A-4 Skyhawks that were for sale on E-bay.

posted on Dec, 15 2006 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by JIMC5499
Having ridden in the F-14, I'd rather save my money and but one of the A-4 Skyhawks that were for sale on E-bay.

Wow! Must have been good, specially in such a famous plane. Did you ever go faster than mach1.0? Whats it like breaking the sound barrier, would you hear it in the plane?

posted on Dec, 15 2006 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by clashrock
Wow! Must have been good, specially in such a famous plane. Did you ever go faster than mach1.0? Whats it like breaking the sound barrier, would you hear it in the plane?

Yes, out over the ocean we went past Mach 1. There was little difference in the flight before or after we passed Mach 1. We were fairly high up and there were few clouds. If it wasn't for the instruments giving the speed it would have been impossible to tell except for watching the fuel gauges move lower. You could still hear the engines. I asked why and was told that the sound was travelling through the airframe instead of the air.

It was alot more exciting over land when we did some aerobatics. We were going much slower, but then you could see reference points on the ground that showed just how fast you were going. It was like looking out the windshield of a car and then looking out the side window.

posted on Dec, 15 2006 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Did you take off/land on a Carrier? If so what was it like/Which one was it?

I dont know why our country cancelled the CVA-01 Nuclear Carrier and scrapped the HMS Ark Royal R09, It made the navy. If the FAA still had the F-4 Phantoms/Supercarriers, I would be doing everything to be a jet jockey.

I hope we do eventually get the CVF Supercarriers soon, They will probably the start of next decade.

JIMC5499, Did you have photies taken when you flew in the F-14?.

posted on Dec, 15 2006 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Breaking Mach 1 ranks as one of the biggest anti-climaxes of my life. As JIMC5499 said, the only way you can tell is by the dial going above the number. It's funny, but flying at 540 knots at 150 feet was way more exciting than flying at M1.3 at 20 000 feet.

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by JIMC5499
Having ridden in the F-14

How did you get that right, i've been trying to get a flight in one of my country's airforce jets. Whats your secret?

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadowraven

How did you get that right, i've been trying to get a flight in one of my country's airforce jets. Whats your secret?

I spent 5 years as an Aviation Machinist Mate in the US Navy. I was also an aircrewman with an ejection seat certification. I spent most of my time in helicopters, but had to catch rides to keep the qualification current. I mostly rode in S-3 Vikings, but I have rode in the F-14, A-6 and EA-6B. I never rode in the Tomcat off of a carrier, but I have rode on and off in both the S-3 and the A-6.

top topics

join