It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if, the future is the past?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Ok, I am going to ask you to use your imagination a little (which is not too hard for most of us here), I am trying to piece an idea together as I go along, along the lines of possible ancient human/alien intelligent civilizations either on earth or somewhere else in our locality in the universe.

I will first set the scene by pointing in the most obvious direction, which is us, and now.

The way we are going, it is probable that we are gradually going to destroy the earth around us until there is absolutely nobody and nothing left, either through wars resorting to the use of weapons of mass destruction like nuclear or space based technology, and then there are all the different natural disaster threats such as global warming, multiple mega tsunami’s, super volcanic eruptions and giant meteorites, just to name a few examples that could cause the extinction of the human race.

The rock we currently walk upon would be changed unrecognisably and over a period of a few hundred million years as all the historical treasures around us corrode, crumble and are covered, all traces of our human existence would disappear and it would be like we never existed.

Following this period of change in our planets life, as it regenerates and evolves, a new breed of intelligent life spawns and evolves, completely ignorant to any intelligent life that has previously existed and so the thought crossed my mind that maybe this could already have happened maybe even multiple times, not just on this planet but on many of the others around us too.

Then other such questions like: are aliens humans from the future, could then be revised in to: are aliens, intelligent beings from the past, amongst many other ideas opening the door to a whole new way of questioning.

I have more theory on the idea of aliens/earthly beings sitting out one of these mass extinction processes underground and the inevitable evolution leading to bodily features and technological advancements in the way that many people have described in the aliens that they see today but I will save that for a different thread.

The idea of this thread is really to throw a bit more line out and open the mind to different possibilities, if you have any points on this idea or possibilities of your own to add, please feel free to do so, and if you want to call me a nutcase please also feel free to do so just have a little decorum and explain why, as I am light hearted and open minded and willing to listen to reason.

Please stay roughly on topic and adhere to ATS policy.

Regards xS_Gx

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I know this link has been used over and over but here it is again as I like the idea of some of this having a conection.

Link

And I have no doubt that these paths could cross along the way.

Link to Who lost these ancient technologies and stuff, ATS thread

Regards xS_Gx

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Well, *speculating and theorizing* only-I believe that very well may be possible. Einstein himself has stated that time is merely an illusion. My personal feeling is that beyond our own biological perceptions/limitations, past, present, and future all exist simultaniously. I feel that there are seperate dimensions that exist outside of this 3 dimensional (4 dimensional with time consideration) 'reality' that we percieve, and that in these other dimensions, one can access ANY time they choose. Again, only my personal feelings, before any of the bashers step up and start crucifying me. LOL

[edit on 14-12-2006 by DimensionalDetective]

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 04:58 PM
link   
There was a person here a month or two ago who was shown the future constantly and he/she stated that everything is already mapped out perfectly and just follows a plan.

I get shown the future frequently also and it is obvious that the beings showing it to me are way ahead of us and are able to manipulate our future in various ways. It's like they are letting mankind follow a set future while making fine tuning adjustments along the way.

So it's clear to me that we are living in the past and certain beings who control us are living in the future or at least they have full access to all information about the future and can adjust things if they want to.

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Strange........I actually was thinking this very thing TODAY.

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I guess I go along the same lines as DimensionalDetective...as far as aliens go....who knows, they could have evolved differently and be more perceptive about the -dimensions- of our universe.

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dracotic
Strange........I actually was thinking this very thing TODAY.

That is strange indeed Dracotic, I would be very interested to hear what you were thinking about in a little more detail.

And thank you my friends for taking the time to read.

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Basically exactly what the post implies. I forget my reasoning. I cant remember well because it took place a little after I had awoken.

I usually receive precognitive visions through hypnogogic (sp?) images. It always happens when I'm around the time of sleep. Either waking or entering. It seems to be related with my "third eye". I doubt I had a vision of this topic.....but I'm opened to the possibility.

posted on Dec, 15 2006 @ 04:19 AM
link   
In The Lost Book Of Enki there is quite a lot sections that deal with this exact question, it appears Enki also believed the same thing.

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by probedbygrays
There was a person here a month or two ago who was shown the future constantly and he/she stated that everything is already mapped out perfectly and just follows a plan.

I get shown the future frequently also and it is obvious that the beings showing it to me are way ahead of us and are able to manipulate our future in various ways. It's like they are letting mankind follow a set future while making fine tuning adjustments along the way.

So it's clear to me that we are living in the past and certain beings who control us are living in the future or at least they have full access to all information about the future and can adjust things if they want to.

My celestial friends told me that linear time only exists in this dimension. They can see all time from a place of no-time. Over the years I've had many dreams and visions of what turned out to be future events, mostly mundane happenings in my own life. My celestial friends have told me about things which would happen, many times.

Feel free to view my website. I also have contact with Grey beings.
www.geocities.com...

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Yes, sg ,a good theory and as I read more of your posts I think you should be awarded a mod position at ats. My theory goes like this. ... All the planets in our solar system were (At one space in time) much like our own,until the races made war.

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by nemo1111
Yes, sg ,a good theory and as I read more of your posts I think you should be awarded a mod position at ats. My theory goes like this. ... All the planets in our solar system were (At one space in time) much like our own,until the races made war.

Thanks for your interest, You should start a thread with this theory and explain some of your beliefs and ideas in a bit more detail.

I am sure that there would be a lot of beings amongst the ATS comunity that would apreciate another view of our universe.

Good luck and Regards xS_Gx

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Hmmm... interesting.

The way most people see time, is as a more or less straight line.

Now, what if it is not a straight line at all? What if it is circular?

If it were circular, I see no trouble at all with the future being the past. Also in this scenario, would see no problem with time travel altogether!

Voila!

Now if I could only get the time line to bend in such a way that it would meet at both ends.

edit to add:

Now that I am thinking about it, I should mention that time is not infinite. It cannot be. There was indeed a beginning. A time starting point, if you will. For the Evolutionists, it would probably be the Big Bang. For the Creationists, I am not certain, perhaps when God created the "Heavens", as space and time are irrefutably (sp?) connected.

So if time did have a beginning, it must also have an end. At least that is how I am thinking.

And if it has both a beginning, and an end, then the above could not also be true. A circular timeline would, by definition, be infinite.

Very perplexing to think about these things...

[edit on 12/30/2006 by Mechanic 32]

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mechanic 32

Now, what if it is not a straight line at all? What if it is circular?

Ah yes, but I'm thinking spherical.

Quick, easy access to all points.

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I like to think that time is constant, with all possibilites of past and future already existing, and the only thing that is changing is our perception of it ~ or rather our perception of flowing through it. We have a perceptual predisposition to flow in a certain direction in relation to time, but, that doesnt mean that we must, being that our minds are timeless.

Or thats how I feel anyway. Cheers ~

[edit on 3-1-2007 by xEphon]

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I think the concept would or is wholly endorsed by the Rig-Veda. Hindu's believe that there have been many previous earth/life cycles. The anomolous artifacts lend credence as well. As I age more and more seems possible and likely.

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by polanksi
I think the concept would or is wholly endorsed by the Rig-Veda. Hindu's believe that there have been many previous earth/life cycles. The anomolous artifacts lend credence as well. As I age more and more seems possible and likely.

Thanks polanski, I have a feeling you might be hitting the nail on the head, sounds like the same wavelength.

I am going to check out Rig-Veda.

new topics

top topics

join