It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Browsers & ATS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Hello all ,

I was just wondering something,
My Browser (netscape) seems to be acting up abit lately .
as a result of this i was just wondering what browsers people use and if they all work efficiently ,
I am also wondering besides netscape and IE, what browsers are good,
I have heared of firefox but r there any others? Is firefox good at all??
appreciate your help,

Omega

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 08:16 AM
link   
I believe the majority of visitors to ATS use IE. Most of the "regular" folk use FireFox though it seems.

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 09:26 AM
link   
I use Firefox 1.5.0.8.

Works perfect with ats and is very customize friendly.

Current Theme: DarkWaters

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I have ie 7 and firefox 2.0

Most of the time I use firefox, ie only for M$ updates.

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Firefox 2.0, is the way to go!!

Firefox 2.0 download

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I use mostly Opera, it has some features that are really well suited to the way I like to work.

In second place comes IE7 on Windows Vista, I have tried it on Windows XP and the way it works its not exactly the same, on Vista is much better.
I use it mostly on sites that do not render as they should on Opera.

In third place, Firefox 2. Its a good browser but has some things that really annoy me, and I think its over-rated. I use it more to see the compatibility of the web pages I make than to browse the Internet.

Edn

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I've used Firefox (Fx) for a long time and I really like it, I've also used Opera which I would say is on par with Fx, I wouldn't recommend any other browsers apart from those two.

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I have Firefox 2.0 but it always seems to take ages to load on my computer so i usually stick to IE7 never had any problems with it so far.
Edit to add

After giving Firefox another try ive decided. . . it rules, especialy with my new midnightfox theme.

[edit on 14/12/2006 by Trancer]

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
I use mostly Opera, it has some features that are really well suited to the way I like to work.....

Opera fan here as well, been using it for around a year or so now and I rarely open Internet Explorer at all any more.

Firefox is okay, just not a personal favourite.

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mechanic 32
Firefox 2.0, is the way to go!!

Firefox 2.0 download

Yeah, baby! Built in spell-checker along with crashed sessions retrieval and the ability to re-open recently closed tabs means two less extensions I need to use. Meaning less memory use for the app. Meaning more free RAM. Meaning faster everything!

Wohooo!!

Edit: On that note, say NO to BLOATWARE -- programs that have what's called "feature creep" or "creeping featurism". That means having many features, but mostly none that you really use. Prime example: Microsoft Office

[edit on 16-12-2006 by Beachcoma]

posted on Dec, 18 2006 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Netscape is based on the Mozilla Foundation's work--specifically Gecko--which is what powers both Seamonkey and Firefox. Netscape Communicator is essentially a re-skinned version of Seamonkey, and Netscape Navigator is essentially a re-skinned version of Firefox. Netscape has done little to add value to those products. If anything, they've subtracted value from them. So why use cheap knock-offs that don't work as well as the original?

I will suggest Firefox 2.0 like others. My mother, who isn't very computer-savvy, is actually using tabs on it! I never even taught her! It's not as though it's her first time using Firefox either. With previous versions, she never even bothered with tabs, but when I surreptitiously upgraded her browser, she just started using them on her own.

Also, keep an eye out for a Windows browser based on WebKit. I'm using Konqueror under Linux, the engine (KHTML) from which WebKit is derived, and it's very, very nice. Apple decided to use KHTML for Safari (the browser of choice for Mac OS X), and called their version WebKit. It's a lot faster than Firefox/Gecko, and far more compatible than either IE or Opera. Hopefully that Windows port will be out sooner rather than later.

PS For anyone who wants to nitpick, yes, it was Netscape who released their source code to the Mozilla Foundation, and the Mozilla Foundation was supposed to create a browser from that source code, but they cringed upon first glance. They threw out the code, and started from scratch.

top topics

join