It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Large marine mammal declared extinct

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Link to story

Wow, this is just another example of the effects that we're having on our environment. It a shame that we've lost such a unique creature.

Hopefully, the researchers will be able to get new leads or something and will be able to find a few specimen.

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Wait, didn't they say it lives in the Yhangzee river? Isn't that fresh water? Anyway... it's too bad. But I thought I've heard that one animal goes extinct every 5 minutes or something like that, so it was bound to happen eventually. Maybe in a few decades they will randomly pull one up, like that one other fish they thought was extinct.

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 12:24 PM
link   
As this is a dolphin, and the only one I believe that lives in fresh water besides some in the amazon I find this very very sad.

Dolphins have structered societies, individual names, can recognise themselves in the mirror and also are able to plan and use tools, and yet they are now declining in types,

very sad and worrying.

regards elf

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Here is a link to a positive story about dolphins being saved in China. By none other than the Worlds Tallest Man. No I'm not kidding.

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 01:54 PM
link   
haha... that fox news story is cool.

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Even if large new animals are not discovered. The current ones can become extinct.

Thus is the way things are.

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 08:12 PM
link   
This is actually extremely depressing. They looked so lovely

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by testrat
Here is a link to a positive story about dolphins being saved in China. By none other than the Worlds Tallest Man. No I'm not kidding.

www.foxnews.com...

This was just on TV.

new topics

top topics

join