It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

The Fair Skeptic Registry

page: 8
0
<< 5  6  7   >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by sigung86
THE VIEW FROM THE CHEAP SEATS ...

I don't see that you proved anything other than an accidentally deleted thread can be made to appear to be the work of willfully evil intent. At some point we are going to have to simply assume that, in this particular instance, the way Springer says it happened is simply ... The way it happened.

Why is that? As a fellow founding member of the Fair Skeptics, shouldn’t we reserve judgment until we hear all the evidence from BOTH sides?


Originally posted by Springer
Pick an appropriate forum, be polite and have at it.


I think THIS is the appropriate forum since the issue is clearly related to members who participated here and the threads in it.


Originally posted by Springer
I deleted your two off topic posts in the hope of salvaging this thread, I give up now.

I agree this should be a separate topic. Can you assure all interested parties that a new thread won’t be moved to another forum?




posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 02:51 PM
link   
We need a chatroom somewhere and set up a chat meeting some time.

I also need to catch up on this thread.



posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Saviour Of The Real
I think THIS is the appropriate forum since the issue is clearly related to members who participated here and the threads in it.


THIS is the Aliens/UFO forum.. NOT the "let's slam, disect and create mythology about ATS forum"... BTS Chit Chat is where that belongs. This forum is for the discussion of aliens and UFOs and related topics of which our site is not a part.



Originally posted by Saviour Of The Real
I agree this should be a separate topic. Can you assure all interested parties that a new thread won’t be moved to another forum?


If it's started in the BTS Chit Chat forum, it's absolutely assured.


Springer...



[edit on 12-30-2006 by Springer]



posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 07:40 PM
link   
"If it's started in the BTS Chit Chat forum, it's absolutely assured. " == Springer

Excellent move. Check and Mate. I appreciate a skilled opponent.
Thank You.



posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Excellent news.

It means this thread is no longer off topic and all interested parties can get back to the original purpose.

This is the only time I'm going to post on here, since I'm not part of the group and the less interference by moderators the better, imho.

BUT I will be watching this thread develop because I AM interested in how this pans out. Rather than post, I'll do my moderating by either U2U's, edits or warns.



posted on Dec, 31 2006 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I'd like to propose a possible topic to be undertaken by the group.
In the missing Roswell thread I don't think it was brought up but there
was a man named Mcgruder(his nickname was Mac) who claimed to have seen the debris at Wright-Patterson AFB. He also claimed on his deathbed to have seen ETs.
There isn't much available on the net.
I for one would be interested in any corroboration to this.
Happy New Year



posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Let me be crystal clear on this, right here, right now. Any founding member I see bickering in this thread from this point on is out.



I don't care if you're justified, I don't care if you think the whole bloody world hates you and wasn't fair and widdled in your rice krispies. This thread isn't about your petty drama, and it will be taken elsewhere or you will be removed from the roster. This thread is for Fair Skeptic business and Fair Skeptic business alone. Take it to U2U, take it to another thread, take it out in the backyard and shoot it, I don't give a damn. The bickering ends now, or your membership in the Fair Skeptics ends. Capice?

And for those who aren't members, quit bitching. You had your chance to join. You declined. Quit telling us how to run our group or why it can't work, and quit trying to start drama.



posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Please accept my resignation from the “Fair Skeptic Registry”. It is clear to me that at least two of the founding members are anything but “fair” and objective as evidenced by how firmly and quickly they have passed judgment on the concerns of others. Was it not about the management of ATS and the banning of members not in direct violation of the TAC and in particular (the on topic part) those with a skeptical viewpoint? In that respect I feel the group has failed it’s first test. Hopefully something can be learned from this and I wish the rest of the group much success.

"I would not join any club that would have someone like me for a member."
-- Groucho Marx



posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 10:29 AM
link   
How about a Fair Skeptic ongoing project of FOIAing different gov't agencies to see what if anything they have on ATS or its founding members.....

Should be interesting to see if any government docs reference the site for whatever reason. Could shed some light on just how interested alphabet agencies are in what's said on here.....



posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I would like to post this recent UFO incident at O'Hare airport for consideration of the form

UFO/O'Hare Airport



posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 10:47 AM
link   


FOIA campaign

How about a Fair Skeptic ongoing project of FOIAing different gov't agencies to see what if anything they have on ATS or its founding members.....


That would be a different forum then, unless of course you're trying to prove the staff are all aliens or reptoids, then I suppose it would be applicable to this group...



posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Is this becoming nothing more then a dividing force within the ATS community? So far thats all I'm seeing. In fighting, pointless round-robin "defintion" posts, and already group detractors before anything is even started??

Please...

This is why I so rarely get involved in "groups". They cannot be held together, and often get splintered into smaller groups with their own agenda.

As we go forward (if we do) how comfortable are group members going to be when one disagrees with another? Especially when our comms are publicly viewable, complete with peanut gallery comments to be widdled through to see our own "members" posts?

It's a valiant effort, make no mistake about it. I'm kinda surprised it's even still here considering the moderators stopped me from forming a similar group on here some months ago (under a violation of ATS TOS). All that aside, if all this is going to do is add more noise to the already lopsided signal to noise ratio of the UFO research community, then we best drop it now.

So, are we going to have some area of this site to privately review work and discuss issues before presentation?



posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok


FOIA campaign

How about a Fair Skeptic ongoing project of FOIAing different gov't agencies to see what if anything they have on ATS or its founding members.....


That would be a different forum then, unless of course you're trying to prove the staff are all aliens or reptoids, then I suppose it would be applicable to this group...


I see your point as to a different forum. That's fine.

No...I'm not trying to prove ATS infilatration by lizard men. I think it would be interesting to note if ATS and other conspiracy web sites are specifically mentioned in any government docs released under freedom of info.



posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by jritzmann
Is this becoming nothing more then a dividing force within the ATS community? So far thats all I'm seeing. In fighting, pointless round-robin "defintion" posts, and already group detractors before anything is even started??

Please...

This is why I so rarely get involved in "groups". They cannot be held together, and often get splintered into smaller groups with their own agenda.

As we go forward (if we do) how comfortable are group members going to be when one disagrees with another? Especially when our comms are publicly viewable, complete with peanut gallery comments to be widdled through to see our own "members" posts?

It's a valiant effort, make no mistake about it. I'm kinda surprised it's even still here considering the moderators stopped me from forming a similar group on here some months ago (under a violation of ATS TOS). All that aside, if all this is going to do is add more noise to the already lopsided signal to noise ratio of the UFO research community, then we best drop it now.

So, are we going to have some area of this site to privately review work and discuss issues before presentation?
I think the problem is of expectations. Some people expect us to either be cynics and dismiss everything outright, like other skeptic groups, or they expect us to validate their pet conspiracy theory. Neither of those things is our purpose! And neither of them should be our purpose.



posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Why not start with some existing cases, like some of the classics?
The group seems to be organized now, so how about getting started?


Plenty of great cases, Roswell, Rendlesham, Varginha, Shag Harbor, The Hill Abduction, Battle of LA, UFOs over White House in DC in '52, Socorro Case, Mexican AirForce Video, etc.



posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Well, the new thread is available here .

I'm sorry so much drama broke out on this thread. Hopefully the next one will be a lot less cluttered and a lot less off-topic. I'm also sorry that so many people felt theirs and others drama wasn't addressed. I didn't create this group to make drama. I created it to get a list of people who thought they could examine evidence with the scientific method, to give each case a fair ear, and to try and bridge the gap between the believers and the skeptics, and help people realize skeptic is not a bad word.

For some of you, that wasn't good enough, and felt compelled to derail the thread in any way you could. Sometimes it even cost us members. Bravo. For those of us with less weak stomachs, who understand what was begun and what, hopefully, will continue, the new thread is here.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

In closing...

Nightwing, I'm sorry that thread got deleted. I'm glad people found it. I don't know what more you want from me or TFS, and I don't know why it caused such massive drama on an unrelated thread.

Saviour Of The Real, I'm sorry you didn't like the way I squash drama. I had to make a judgment call for the good of EVER getting this thing off the ground, and sometimes you have to use the stick. By your request, you've been removed from the founding members.

jritzmann, don't give up hope. Rome wasn't built in a day, and I don't have the benefit of being an incarnate god. I have to deal with (at least) 27 individual personalities, egos, agendas, and beliefs, and somehow come to a generalized agreement over what consitutes the word "fair". Some drama was inevitable, I just had no idea how much.

Everyone Else, I'm sorry if your questions didn't all get answered. It wasn't because I was ignoring you, but rather because I had dozens of people to juggle and little room for repetition. If you feel your unanswered questions are that important, carry them over to the new thread, and be precise in your wording of them, and avoid insult.

www.abovetopsecret.com...



new topics

top topics



 
0
<< 5  6  7   >>

log in

join