It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Explosion Rocks Refinery in Sarnia, Ontario

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Early this morning at 3 am, there was an explosion at the Imperial Oil refinery in Sarnia, Ontario. The source of the explosion is still unknown.

www.cbc.ca
A fire that erupted at the Imperial Oil refinery in Sarnia, Ont., following a loud explosion at the facility just before 3 a.m. was under control a few hours later, police said Thursday.

However, residents in the area are being warned to keep their windows shut as a precaution.

No injuries were reported and and police said they had no indication yet of what might have caused the fire and the initial explosion.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I live in Sarnia and woke up at 3 am last night to what sounded like a combination between an overhead jet, a freezer, and a generator drone. I soon found that my sister and mother were also awake. My sister looked out the window and described it as "the sun being in the wrong side of the sky", and my mother said "I was afraid that the furnace had blown up." The evacuation sirens went on and off for about half an hour, and the jet-like noise got louder and dissipated for over an hour.

Related News Links:
www.freep.com

new topics

join