It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google Patent Search (beta)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 06:31 AM
link   
www.google.com...

Hope it's better then the USPTO and aggregates data from numerous patent agencies.

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Makes me wonder...

The searches get logged... I'm a budding inventor... I search to see if my idea is in their database... it's not... they have my idea...

Curious.

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Hmm, I wonder if they do look at people's searches. I actually had a neat idea for an invention a few days ago, that any idiot could build, given the materials, and I don't think it exists, but I'd rather not give it to 'them' :p

Someone test it, and see if their idea is stolen!
(j/k)

MBF

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I have a patent with a friend. It is my idea, but it is in his name. We do have a written agreement that it is shared 50/50, because he did pay all the expenses. It is expensive to get a patent if you use a lawyer, but we did it ourselves so it was a lot cheaper. I have lots of ideas for inventions, but there is no way that I could come up with the money for them. Now I just keep them to myself because I don't want other people to make millions or billions from my ideas and me get nothing.

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 11:13 PM
link   
its like the domain name registration scam.. when someone types in a domain name you search for it and if its not taken you buy it and tell them its taken. then your sell it to them for more.

its easy to do and its not regulated... .ca are though.

MBF

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 11:37 PM
link   
After searching for a while, the only way that I could get my patent to come up was to put the number in.

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 11:39 PM
link   
how much did your patent cost BTW?
i've been interested. do patents have to work or do you jut have to think what your making will work?

MBF

posted on Dec, 15 2006 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by thedangler
how much did your patent cost BTW?
i've been interested. do patents have to work or do you jut have to think what your making will work?

The inital cost back in 1990 was about $1000 then you have maintaince fees every few years. I think that the last one was about $1500 and they come about every 3-4 years. If you go through a lawyer, the last price that I heard was about $10,000. It may be more now.

We tested our invention and it worked great. The only problem is that we couldn't sell it. You don't have to have a prototype to get a patent, but you need to have a good idea that it will work. It is a long process, it takes several years and don't be surprised if you are turned down the first time because we were.

new topics

top topics

join