It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Severe Space Storm Headed This Way

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 02:02 AM
link   
at 11:45 p.m. tonight as i was being driven home, I was in the front passenger seat, and we were talking all normal and than when the clouded night sky suddenly turned a brilliant blue, more like full moon on clear sky. It took maybe 2 seconds and returned to the dark cloudy night sky. Any opinions? My spouse, who was with me, told me matter of factly he sees several cases of the sudden brilliance when he drives on number six highway, in manitoba. It was weird. it was so weird. I live in central Manitoba, Canada, above the dakotas. Once as a teen, I saw in the sky near the big dipper, light that spilled like a tipped over bucket. It was something else. Do you think that there is a common sense explanation for it?

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Blue could be a transformer blowing ... but considering that you are in the middle of nowhere (no offense) I doubt that was it. Who knows .. it could have been anything from the Northern Lights to Earth Lights reflecting to UFO to something entirely different ...

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 11:36 AM
link   
[color=98FB98]A couple of more pictures from Oslo. They also saw the aurora borealis from space!

Northern Lights make unusual southern appearance

Late Thursday, though, the Northern Lights suddenly sent their characteristic waves of green right over the capital. Meteorologists were surprised. While Oslo residents can spot them occasionally, "it's not often they're so bright," Kristen Gislefoss of the state meteorological institute told Dagbladet.no.

The bright sighting of the Northern Lights was linked to a solar storm Thursday night that prompted excited reaction from the Scandinavian astronaut who's now on duty at the International Space Station. "Wow!" exclaimed Christer Fuglesang when he saw the phenomenon as the space station passed over northern Europe early Friday.

[color=76EEC6]Photos: Aftenposten reader

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Here's a nice one from Iowa on the 14th (I touched it up slightly):

More like this from Stan Richard, Saylorville Lake north of Des Moines, IA at nightskyevents

Round Two of the geomagnetic storm should begin soon and cause major storm conditions. The X1.5 flare's shock wave is just now starting to hit us.

SUMMARY: Geomagnetic Sudden Impulse
Observed: 2006 Dec 16 1756 UTC
Deviation: 13 nT
Station: Boulder

[edit on 16-12-2006 by Regenmacher]

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Regenmacher
Here's a nice one from Iowa on the 14th (I touched it up slightly):

More like this from Stan Richard, Saylorville Lake north of Des Moines, IA at nightskyevents

Round Two of the geomagnetic storm should begin soon and cause major storm conditions. The X1.5 flare's shock wave is just now starting to hit us.

SUMMARY: Geomagnetic Sudden Impulse
Observed: 2006 Dec 16 1756 UTC
Deviation: 13 nT
Station: Boulder

[edit on 16-12-2006 by Regenmacher]

It's magic....sheer magic to gaze upon such a sight. It's a spiritual experience to see the aurora when it is at it's height because it fills a person with wonder at the sight, and ressurrects the question -- How? Who? WOW!

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Here's a picture from a couple of days ago. Northern lights as seen over the research station EISCAT near Tromsø in northern Norway.

Photo: Hinrich Bäsemann

Source

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 06:03 PM
link   
There is one thing I wish to see in my life before I die .. it's a good Northern Lights display. I have always wanted to see them and I never have gotten to. I ask and ask ... but still no Northern Lights for me. It's always cloudy, raining, foggy .....

*sigh*

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Worst Sun Spot Activity to develop, check out space weather.com there is another large sunspot that has developed on the far side of the Sun! Yikes!

science.nasa.gov...

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrsdudara
Well, I definatly found something interesting already. Prior to the big Dec. 26 earthquake, there was a solar storm, AND this

Mt. Rainier seismograph

After the large quake Mt. Rainier stopped temporarily only to act up like this a bit before a 8point aftershock. Mt. Rainier has not done this ever since. Quite interesting I must say.

[edit on 14-12-2006 by mrsdudara]

I just wanted to point out that Taiwan had a 7.1 quake. Rainier still looks the same which could be because of that other sun spot that is developing. I know it is all "theory", but its kind of hard no to see that there is a pattern here.

posted on Dec, 27 2006 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Scratch that.
Rainier chilled out shortly after that quake.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join