It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republican Party Poison (D) Senator Johnson to control Senate????

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Could the Republican Neocon wing of the party have used some sort of drug to cause Democratic Senator Tim Johnson of South Dakota to have a possible stroke.

He had surgery last night. If he can not continue with his post as a senator for the next two years, then the Republican govenor of the state would fill the position....And I wonder what party that person would be from????

This would then cause a 50/50 split of the senate, and thus giving Vice President dick cheney the tie breaker vote. This would give Republicans control of the senate.

This is kind of farfetched idea, but it just makes you wonder if it is possible.

Link to story....
USA Today link

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Maybe hes an ex-spy and the commies got him?

Or Bush and the Republicans evil weather machine made it really cold just inside his head to cause an aneurysm.

Makes sense to me.

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 07:09 AM
link   
rather than a nefarious plot by neocons or Republicans,
i'd say that fate & destiny are the culprits.

the vote count is just for the bean-counters
its more of whats' of immediate importance and how its spun...
that affects the Votes in congress
(recall the pre-Iraq-invasion, sexed up fabrications that gave GWB
the powers of a Caesar, to conduct 'Carte-Blanc' his vision of
a WOT, Patriot Acts, Military Commissions Act, etc)
with +80% of the opposition Democrats on board!

between the angels, devils, neocons, zionists, globalists...
the USA is destined to change, and a Decline in empire aspiration
might be one result of the changes we're undergoing
~social-geopolitical Entropy??~

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Ohhhhh, i hope he pulls through, because this is like an assasination , and YES, i do believe the government had something to do with it.

:shk:

I wonder just how complicated it was to try to down the man?

Me and my conspiracies, i know, but it sure smells fishy.

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I'm sure it's just coincidental that in South Dakota the surviving senator - a Republican - gets to select his replacement!

Let's hope it is coincidence but these people will stop at nothing to ensure they remain in power. Based on the known history, killing is clearly quite an easy matter for them.

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Another senatorial conspiracy incident like Paul Wellstone.

The USA is no different than Russia.

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I was reading where he didn't have a stroke, it was a brain hemorrhage, also known as an aneurysm. It's very easy to inject air into the blood stream through a needle, like when you get a shot.

I, too, think something may well be fishy.

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 12:55 PM
link   
They say he had a congenetal defect with the structure of his brain blood vessels, no drug or anything else unnatural would have caused that!

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
They say he had a congenetal defect with the structure of his brain blood vessels, no drug or anything else unnatural would have caused that!

I had read that before my initial reply, but I don't buy that for a minute.

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Please pass the bong...........it must be pretty damn good 'bud' you are all smoking.

The man had a brain herroridge.......it happens.

This thread just goes to show the actually amount of hatred on this site.

You're supposed to deny ignorance here..............

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by ferretman2
Please pass the bong...........it must be pretty damn good 'bud' you are all smoking.

You may want to reaquaint yourself with the T&C.

This thread just goes to show the actually amount of hatred on this site.

Only if YOU want to percieve it that way. Did you notice the forum this is in? Political Consp. This is a CONSPIRACY site, not a Republican love in site. I'm sure that if it had been A Rep that went down this thread would still be here.

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by sbob
Could the Republican Neocon wing of the party have used some sort of drug to cause Democratic Senator Tim Johnson of South Dakota to have a possible stroke.

He had surgery last night. If he can not continue with his post as a senator for the next two years, then the Republican govenor of the state would fill the position....And I wonder what party that person would be from????

This would then cause a 50/50 split of the senate, and thus giving Vice President dick cheney the tie breaker vote. This would give Republicans control of the senate.

This is kind of farfetched idea, but it just makes you wonder if it is possible.

Link to story....
USA Today link

Your kidding right? Why does it always have to be some kind of conspiracy when an elected official gets sick or has health issues?
Believe it or not elected officials are mortal too.

df1

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by ferretman2
You're supposed to deny ignorance here..............

I suppose you think the "iran contra affair" directed by daddy bush to get reagan elected was also a coincidence. Its no accident that rumsfeld, cheney and the same cronies are all in place again. Anyone that isn't concerned by this course of events must be smoking crack.

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Yep.

When I first heard about this I couldn't help but wonder if the repubs have been taking lessons from the Russians, or was it the Russians who were the students?

At this point, after observing the track record of this administration, it would have to be a REALLY convincing 'official' story in order for me to buy it.

One simply cannot trust someone who has not earned the right.

If the person who will be doing the appointing wants to look like he's on the up and up, he would be well advised to appoint another democrat. To do otherwise will be construed by many in only ONE WAY.

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by seattlelaw
I'm sure it's just coincidental that in South Dakota the surviving senator - a Republican - gets to select his replacement!

um, no. in south dakota the governor selects his replacement.....and the law doesnt say anything about an incapacitated senator, but a vacancy...ie death or resignation. there is actually a precedent for this. i think it was 1969 that a south dakota senator had a stroke and still kept his seat until the next general election. i'll look for the info on that, but i'm sure about the incident, just not the date.

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I am no fan of the current republican run government but what I hate just as much is the constant fear mongering on ATS. It is not at all "fishy" that a 60-year-old male had an aneurysm or a stroke. It is a very common thing at his age. I mean come on, do you guys really believe his own doctors are secret republican plants that will not say if something looks unusual about this? The guy had AVM, arteriovenous malformation, which causes arteries and veins to grow abnormally large, become tangled and sometimes burst. The condition is usually present from birth and like any other illness it becomes worse with stress and imagine the stress this last election caused. I am all for conspiracies but some of you need to stop sitting around and making up stuff. Sometimes I wonder why I even bother coming here anymore. The more I read the more I think these forums are filled with complete wack jobs.

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 04:59 PM
link   
i'm in complete agreement with zerotime.

here is the info i promised reference a vacancy:

msnbc.com
South Dakotas Republican governor, Mike Rounds, would appoint a replacement to serve until the 2008 election should Johnson die or resign.
The appointment would last until the next general election in this case, 2008. Johnson's term expires that year.
The 17th Amendment of the U.S. Constitution says state legislatures can give their governors the power to appoint someone else to take over, but only in the case of "vacancies."
What's a vacancy? Clearly death or resignation, but history suggests not much else. Serious illness doesn't count.

and reference precedence in south dakota:

Most recently, Sen. Karl Mundt (coincidentally, also from South Dakota) suffered a stroke in 1969 and was incapacitated, but he refused to step down. He remained in office until January 1973, when his term expired. Mundt was pressured repeatedly to step down during his illness, but he demanded that the governor promise to appoint his wife. The governor refused, and Mundt remained in office.

Another example was Sen. Carter Glass, D-Va. Glass had a heart condition that prevented him from working for most of his last term after his re-election in 1942. Yet Glass refused to resign, and finally died of congestive heart failure in May 1946, in his apartment at the Mayflower Hotel in Washington.

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Yes, unless he dies or resigns, he'll most likely stay in the Senate for the remainder of his term -- even if the only thing he can do is drool into a cup. The Senate could vote to expel him, but apparently that's never been done for health reasons in the entire history of the Senate.

[edit on 12/14/2006 by djohnsto77]

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
Yes, unless he dies or resigns, he'll most likely stay in the Senate for the remainder of his term -- even if the only thing he can do is drool into a cup. The Senate could vote to expel him, but apparently that's never been done for health reasons in the entire history of the Senate.

[edit on 12/14/2006 by djohnsto77]

Sorry if this has been covered but I'm very busy. How would a vote by him take place then? Would it be a spoiled vote? Proxy vote?

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Sorry if this has been covered but I'm very busy. How would a vote by him take place then? Would it be a spoiled vote? Proxy vote?

I think there can be a way to vote proxy, but he doesn't really even have to vote. As long as he's not replaced by a Republican, the Senate will remain in Democratic hands with a 50 - 49 margin on procedural votes. If he was replaced, then it'd be 50 - 50 and Dick Cheney would break the tie handing control to the Republicans.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join