It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we what remains of a proir intersteller civillization?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 04:18 AM
link   
I need some help. I'm trying to remember the author of a specific theory. I'll explain the theory and hopefully somebody can point me in the right direction.

The theory is this.

A civillizations level of technology is directly proportional to its ability to maintain that technology. Lets say a colony ship or other ship crash landed without the technical specialty people to maintain/produce their advanced technology. As knowlegde is effectively "lost" through natural wear and tear of equiptment and the natural death of technical specialty personnel, the new civillizations level of technology drops accordingly...

Applied to todays world would be having a global EMP pulse take out everything electronic in the world. Or if a large portion of our adult populace died without passing on their technical knowledge to the succeding generation.

Can anyone help me with the source of this kind of interstellar origin of mankind theory??

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 07:00 PM
link   
i think its steven hawking who said it civillizations A level of technology is a measure to its ability to maintain shoot i foregot give me a day and ill remeber ive even got in on audio that exact speech

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 09:57 PM
link   
ever played "Homeworld"?

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Just check out my signature. Battlestar Glactica. Oh ya.

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 10:01 PM
link   
gg,

interesting ideas truly.

what about this?

a population of entities exist in a higher plane of reality and fall out of it.

they are unsuited or unfamiliar with where they find themselves and must start from scratch.

a friendly population of annother race or species befriends them in order to help them or so it seems...

in the end they are entrapped and enslaved by the entities that offer them help.

the controllers take from the humans what is most valuable to them, spiritual energy.

what do you think of this theory?

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by jetsetter
Just check out my signature. Battlestar Glactica. Oh ya.

I was going to mention that too....exactly the plot of Battlestar Galactica.

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Erich Von Daniken, Charles Berlitz and Marc Dem have simular theories, if not *the* theories your talking about.

That people from outer space came to Earth before the Bible (and other religious texts), and that is what they talk about in the Bible. Sorry, it's a very very long theory, and it won me over. I have I think most, or all of Erich Von Daniken books, all very good.

Do a search on google or whatever, you will porbably find mounds of info.

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by THENEO
gg,

interesting ideas truly.

what about this?

a population of entities exist in a higher plane of reality and fall out of it.

they are unsuited or unfamiliar with where they find themselves and must start from scratch.

a friendly population of annother race or species befriends them in order to help them or so it seems...

in the end they are entrapped and enslaved by the entities that offer them help.

the controllers take from the humans what is most valuable to them, spiritual energy.

what do you think of this theory?

M-Theory would potentially support this idea.

Also what happens when if we have used up all the oil/gas/coal before technology is wiped. How would a society break through the industrial revolution without oil/coal/gas?

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 06:19 AM
link   

I believe the aliens are controlling this world and always have done. Introducing new technology and ideas etc at the exact moments in time.

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 06:28 AM
link   
there are very many people pointing to the theory about humans being the remnants of an interstellar sivilisation. it is not unthinkable on my accounts. i genuinely believe in that theory myself. i guess i just am a star wars fanatic

new topics

top topics

join