It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Umm...what happened a couple nights ago?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Okay. A couple of nights ago I was really tired. I was laying in my bed and I kind of got to that point between that hardcore sleep and the kind of just laying down. Well, I was laying there and it sounded like this immensly loud static, or my music got like one hundred times louder. And I was trying to tell my brother to turn it down. Well, when I did that it was like this hugely immense weight on me. I mean it was wierd, and I was trying to yell for help but all i felt was like, when youre going down a roller coaster and you cant get that scream out. So while I'm doing this I'm like pushing whatever it is off of me. I guess I won. I felt it giving way and it was like everything was reality again. It was gone. I just like sat up and everything was okay. I dont know what happened but I know it scared the hell outta me.

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 10:17 PM
link   
I have felt something similar in that period between awake and sleep.When I was a kid it happened all the time.I would suddenly feel the bed shaking violently or it felt like the bed was floating up,then I would feel so shocked and wake up really fast.Not sure what causes this but many people feel that weirdness.Does not happen to me anymore though.

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I too have experienced something not quite ike what you said but you know when your dozing off and you have a thought that your tripping over or someing and you like trip over in your bed. Well it was sort of like that only no thought of having something happen to me.

I felt like I was pushed really hard in my back I was laying on my front.

But I felt hands on my back as it happened it was quite strange.

I just kinda passed it off as one of the dozing trip up type things but it was different looking back on it.

Nothing really like what happened to you but I thought i'd share an experience of what happened to me whilst in that sleep phase, Perhaps it is the brain or something playing tricks. Like when you have a flying dream and you fall on your bed. Yours doesn't really sound anything like this though

A friend of my sisters at uni kept waking up in the morning and felt like he was being held down sometimes it would happen for hours In the end he had to set his alarm an hour ahead so he wouldn't miss lectures. Scared the hell out of him

Well that my little contribution

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I have also had a similar experience about a year ago. I was lying in bed relaxing and suddenly heard loud static buzzing all around me and felt heavy in my chest. When I tried to get up the pressure seemed to get stronger. So I lied there for almost an hour before it just quit. As for what caused it I am at a loss, but be assured you are not alone. I guess that is obvious.

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Hmm that sounds a lot like a demonic force, it could be that point where your going out of your body by an OOBE and a demonic force trys to get in or push/pull you'r soul. I had a similar experience but it felt like i was falling, falling real fast and when i finally came to reality it felt as if i hit the ground. My body shaked so hard the bed jumped, it has happened a couple times.

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Static or popping noises are common experiences of an oncoming OOBE. Your non-physical body separates from the physical during sleep and if you become aware during this process, your physical body will feel like a huge weight on you. The only thing to fear during this process is fear itself. Fear ties you down and can create terrifying visions. If you surrender to the process, you will truly have an eye-opening experience.

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Sounds more like sleep paralysis to me, common to most people in that state of near sleep/near conciousness. Also used to write off many abduction stories.

www.stanford.edu...

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 08:31 AM
link   
one day i came home drunk and fell asleep on the other side of my be than usual i use to get alot of deep cramping in my legs and it lead to freak mussle tear in sum mussle called the polasis or sum thing any way in a sober hang over state i go to ju,p out of my bed and strech my leg when i hit the wall i relalese that i went to bed on the other side i nearly knocked the wall and my self out any way dreams can be powerfull

i found in sum of my crazy dreams that nerves react to touch or sense mabye not the nerve ends but parts of the polars and or lobes in the brain register feelings one sensation i have never got in sleep is cold and hot in a such of touching sum thing hot or cold maybe thats a more primal sense that cant be reinacted in nerve endings if you do feel hot and cold maybe there are sum unwanted phenomina #ing with you or ive light your feet on fire zippo fluid

i know in ufo abductions therealot of cases ofpeople being takin in a state of sleepy limbo most cases are of a simillar period of preparing for sleep

one of my truley weird encounters is when i lived at home in my room
whith the lights on i woke or more say pulled really fast from an alpha sleep a deep really relaxed states in the middle of my surcadian rytham
i woke feeling absoulutly frozen against my will not even remembering if i opened my eyes and looking straight at a tall figure witch basically walked out of a 2d t.v like static hole he was wearing all shades of purple and dint have to what i remember a facial expression or really a face the skin in what was like silloette was purple too all i felt was horror but a weird sensation of understanding what was hummours wto me was he had a top hat and a suit on it then turned nighty degrees to face its static 2d portal and was gone i dont remeber the portal opening or him leaving in it just he looked at it and was gone this took about 30 seconds but left me with a weird feeling of being watched and relief that it was gone so i got endorphins witch were good that it was gone i got out of bed feeling stiff and turned the light off and was then feeling not so good and feel back to sleep a half hour later was a very strange encounter and i was only like 8 and the house was at most 1 year old

im pritty much a sckeptic and make fun out of my self and and other people but it was pritty screwed up

and it definitly felt real

but remember sleep is still reality in a controlled setting

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by MasterJedi
Sounds more like sleep paralysis to me, common to most people in that state of near sleep/near conciousness. Also used to write off many abduction stories.

www.stanford.edu...

exactly what i was thinking. happens to me all the time. a lot of you described fighting it off similar to me. i just tense up my body until eventually i break out of it. its worked every time to date.

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by PureMayhem
Hmm that sounds a lot like a demonic force, it could be that point where your going out of your body by an OOBE and a demonic force trys to get in or push/pull you'r soul. I had a similar experience but it felt like i was falling, falling real fast and when i finally came to reality it felt as if i hit the ground. My body shaked so hard the bed jumped, it has happened a couple times.

LOL...
Demonic Force ehh........

Come back to eatrh and read some books...

Seriously, you're kidding right?

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Embellishments of many of the other posts set aside, it definitely sounds like an aborted OOBE to me. Will To Power hit the nail on the head. You were feeling the sensation of your conscious and sub-conscious separating. Sounds and very heavy vibrations always accompany the experiences of those with no experience in OOBE. Don't fight it, you can't be harmed by it, and as Will To Power said, you might learn something from it.

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Yeah, I'm not like OMFG I GOT ATTACKED BY A GHOST!!! It was wierd though. I mean its happened a couple times. I mean, it hasnt hurt me at all so Im thinking it could be like a dream or something. I dont really believe in demonic forces or anything. But I talked. In sleep paralysis you cant move or anything right? I remember that when what I thought was my music getting way louder I told my brother to turn it down, and thats when it felt like i was weighted down.

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 08:33 PM
link   
This kind of thing used to happen to me regularly.im pretty sure it is sleep paralysis. The last time it happened I was laying on my stomach and it actually felt like there was a hand holding me down by my neck. The more I fought against it the stronger it seemed.
At the time i thought i was fully awake even though I probably wasnt really. It scared the S*** out of me to say the least.

new topics

top topics

join