It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Before you watch the da vinci code

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Im sure most of you have seen the da vinci code and there has gotta be a thread for it.

Read all of this first if you have not seen it or didnt understand all of it, read the book and the portion of the Bible about Jesus.

Research the Dead Sea Scrolls and the Holy Grail.

The movie is great, Its just hard to distinguish fact from fiction, with out reading atleast the book first.

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blitz
Its just hard to distinguish fact from fiction

I usually go into a movie assuming it is all fiction.

I did see The Da Vinci Code BTW. I found it a bit boring and predictable.

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax
I did see The Da Vinci Code BTW. I found it a bit boring and predictable.

Did you read the book Umbrax? Or Angels & Demons? Most who had read the book, were slightly disappointed with the film. I believe it is due to expectations. The movie could never attain the expectations that were put on it.

I thought the movie was above average, but could not tie the shoes of the book.

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Nah, the only books I read are comics

My wife did read the novel though. She liked seeing the characters on the big screen but enjoyed the book much more.

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Movies for sure cant compete with the detail and character interaction of a book.

The Da vinci code is the closest I have ever seen a film compared to the book. I Read Angels & Demons about three weeks ago, to me it was alot more interesting than the Da vinci code.

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Yeah I am working through A&D as we speak. I picked it up quite awhile ago, but found myself putting it down too often. So yesterday I started fresh and I am shoulder deep in it.

First 200 pages, couldn't put it down. Looking forward to getting at it again tonight.

new topics

top topics

join