It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

democratic senator has stroke

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 06:09 PM
link   
lost link*

[edit on 13-12-2006 by Boondock78]

Senator Johnson Suffers Suspected Stroke, Aide Says

Mod Edit: Added working link

[edit on 12/13/06 by FredT]

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 06:19 PM
link   
First off, I wish the Senator and his family a speedy recovery. Strokes really suck. Hopefully it is not a major one.

If a friend or family member acts weird for a second ask them the following:

Ask the individual to smile.

Ask him or her to raise both arms.

Ask the person to speak a simple sentence. Ask them what day it is? Ect.

If they can't do all three, call 911 or get them to the ER. Minutes count when a stroke occurs. Don't ignore a potential sign of trouble. The worst that happens is that your friend or family member is safe but embarrassed. The best that could happen is that you save their life. Insist on them getting care if they can't do all three. Please.

I'm not sure what would happen if the Senator can not continue to serve. I would venture to guess that there would be an new special election or that the Governor of the state would appoint someone to finish out the term.

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 06:25 PM
link   
If he's unable to work, the Senate will go back to the Republicans.

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 06:37 PM
link   
According to the AP, he did not suffer a stroke.

Assiciated Press

She said, however, the senator did not suffer a stroke or heart attack. His office had said earlier it was a possible stroke.

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 10:09 PM
link   
I wouldn't put it past Cheney to be behind something like that, too tempting and too easy for him not to do it.

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 09:02 AM
link   
if this guy is out that essentislly means cheany has control of the senate

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 09:06 AM
link   
It may not have been a stroke, but he had emergency brain surgery last night and is in critical conditon. It's not known yet what his prognosis will be.

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Wow! I hope he's all right...

Brain Surgery

Breaking News: Sen. Tim Johnson Recovering from Surgery: Condition Critical but Stable
Sen. Tim Johnson (D-SD) went into surgery early this morning to remove a clot caused by a congenital arteriovenous malformation. The speech difficulties he experienced yesterday were caused by bleeding into his brain. The seepage occured in the left temporal lobe and affected his speech centers. George Washington University hospital reports that Sen. Johnson's condition is critical but stable.

dj, a link is called for here...

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Wow.... it only took 5 posts before a Senators stroke was being blamed on the Republicans. Unbelieveable!

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by ferretman2
Wow.... it only took 5 posts before a Senators stroke was being blamed on the Republicans. Unbelieveable!

Yeah, even in the news media there is more concern about how this will affect the Senate, rather than the man's health and recovery.

A lovely state of affairs.

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 09:55 AM
link   
So sad, and he's rather young for the usual stroke age group......but they are saying it's congential. My Mother in law recovered from something similar, but it took over a year, much of which she spent in a coma. I wish him the best.

Originally posted by ferretman2

Why so unbelievable?? This site is built on this very sort of thinking!!
Besides it just leaps right out and begs this questioning.......especially in light of recent events. ( George is getting squeezed by that ISG bunch, the Russian spy mystery is front page news......maybe it gave someone an idea?? The old man was in the CIA, after all....and we KNOW he's not been too happy lately.)

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by frayed1
Why so unbelievable?? This site is built on this very sort of thinking!!

Exactly. And it's not like this kind of thing would never happen in the spic-and-span world of politics. And ferretman2, no one "blamed Republicans", they questioned Cheney. Oh, but there's not a corrupt bone in that guy's body, I suppose.

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 12:22 PM
link   
The conspiracy theories are almost completely unbelievable simply due to the number of people who suffer strokes in the United States every year. This is not an uncommon medical condition. Here are some basic statistics for everyone:

www.theuniversityhospital.com...

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Yeah, it's not like he'd shoot you in the face ...

Haw haw.

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I'm glad people are having fun with this condition. Wait till something like this strikes close to home with you and your family.

That area of the left lobe controls a lot of things. Depending on the level of severity, things could be grim to bleak. His recovery time will be very long (1-2+ years) if his case is on the mild side, learning to speak and control his motor skills on the right side of his body. On the major side of damage, his quality of life will be drastically changed, if you lose your swallow reflex, you would have to be put on a permanent feeding tube, forcing a major decision for him and his family. Again, my prayers go out to him and his family. This is not something you wish on anyone, trust me.

Btw, the doctors are calling it an inherited condition, don't think Cheney had anything to do with that but I'm sure someone will make the connection.

Sigh.

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by DraconianKing
I wouldn't put it past Cheney to be behind something like that, too tempting and too easy for him not to do it.

Somebody needs to get a reality check. Think about something for a minute. If the Republicans are as evil as some people are making them out to be, how's come the last election turned out the way it did? A couple of weeks ago the Foxtrot comic strip had one of the characters say "Politics, schmolitics I just like mocking authority.". I think this statement discribes a lot of people on ATS. It doesn't matter which party is in power, they are just not going to be happy. Comments like the one quoted above are the reason that people interested in conspiracy theories are seen as crackpots. Quotes like that undermine the credability sites like ATS.

Foxtrot

[edit on 14-12-2006 by JIMC5499]

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by JIMC5499
If the Republicans are as evil as some people are making them out to be, how's come the last election turned out the way it did?

Maybe because they had a "plan B"?

Seriously, I don't have any reason to think there is anything fishy here, but after what I've seen in the past 5 years or so, I wouldn't be surprised to find out that there was something corrupt going on. I'm not speculating at this time.

But I did say some time ago that this administration WILL NOT ALLOW the Senate out of their grasp. So, I've always thought that they'd do whatever they needed to to keep control. And I mean whatever.

Notice I didn't mention Republicans or Democrats. It's not about the party, it's about this particular administration.

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Very sad that he had to have brain surgery, probably he will have to be replaced.

I for one, when found out about what happen to him immediately thought that it was either a hart attack or a brain problem.

Also my conspiracy mind immediately thought about foul play.

Why? because the powers that rule our nation behind the politicians are desperate with the problems in Iraq and they will do anything to keep the US up to its knees in Iraq until their goal is achieved.

And that people is my conspiracy theory and how the senator got targeted.

NANO technology as a secret weapon . . . Anybody?

new topics

top topics

join