It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A to Z Famous People

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I have a new game. We have to see if we can come up with the names of famous people by the letter of the alphabet going from A to Z. You can use Ethier First or Last names to fill a given letter. The only Rules are if you use a Last name, you have to put it first, followed by a comma and then the first name! (EX: if you use Willian Shakespear for S you would write: Shakespear, William), and you have to say where they come from.

That said, let's get started:

A- Abraham Lincoln (16th President, USA)

B is next. . .

[edit on 13-12-2006 by Ghost01]

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Bonzo

Famous chimpanzee...made some movies with Ronald Reagan, but Ronny stopped working with Bonzo because Bonzo kept making him look stupid. Was supposed to be the first chimp in space but was replaced when they found him to be such a good actor (I mean Bonzo not Ronald Reagan).

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Charles Dickens- Auther of A Christmas Carrol

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Dick Hertz - Founder of Hertz rent-a-car

E........

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 05:53 PM
link   
E for elvis

F next

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Fraser, Sir James George

- Author of the seminal work The Golden Bough.

In this sacred grove there grew a certain tree round which at any time of the day, and probably far into the night, a grim figure might be seen to prowl. In his hand he carried a drawn sword, and he kept peering warily about him as if at every instant he expected to be set upon by an enemy. He was a priest and a murderer; and the man for whom he looked was sooner or later to murder him and hold the priesthood in his stead. Such was the rule of the sanctuary.

G is up...

posted on Dec, 15 2006 @ 04:49 PM
link   
GOD

H is next......

posted on Dec, 15 2006 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Hoffa, James- Imfamious Mobster and Teamster

I is up. . .

posted on Dec, 15 2006 @ 07:58 PM
link   
the worlds greatest

mohammed ali

now J

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 08:30 AM
link   
I was next....so where did Ali come from?

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Irving, Washington

The youngest of 11 children born to a well-to-do New York merchant family, Washington Irving became a cultural and diplomatic ambassador to Europe.

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Excitable_Boy
I was next....so where did Ali come from?

i was half asleep when i posted *hides in shame*

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Johnson Baines Lyndon (1908-1973)

Lyndon Baines Johnson was born in Texas with a rural background. He was 55 years old when he took the oath as president of the United States after John F. Kennedy's death in Dallas on 22 November 1963.

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Mata Hari (1876-1917) French Spy WW1

N is up. . .

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Ghost you forgot K and L lol..

North Lord (1713-1792)

Born 13 April, 1732, he was the son of Francis North, first Earl of Guilford. Francis North was a close friend of Frederick, Prince of Wales--Lord North's namesake.

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by 1Crisis
Ghost you forgot K and L lol..

Oops, guess I goofed! I'm not Perfect.:shk:

Oliver North (US General)

Bonus:

K- Kitt, Eartha- Actress/Singer

L- Lucy Ball- Actress from "I Love Lucy"

Ok, now for P. . .

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Pacino Alfredo James "Al"

Pacino was born in the Manhattan area of New York to Italian-American parents Salvatore Pacino and Rose Gerard (the daughter of an Italian-born father and a New York-born mother of Italian descent). His parents divorced when Pacino was two years old. After the divorce, Al and his mother moved to The Bronx, New York to live with his grandparents.

Q...?

[edit on 17-12-2006 by 1Crisis]

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Quantrill, William Clarke

(July 31, 1837 – June 6, 1865), was a pro-Confederate guerrilla fighter during the American Civil War whose actions, particularly a bloody raid on Lawrence, Kansas, remain controversial to this day.

Quantrill’s actions remain controversial to this day. Some historians remember him as an opportunistic, bloodthirsty outlaw, while others continue to view him as a daring soldier and local folk hero. Something of this celebrity later rubbed off on several ex-Raiders—Jesse and Frank James, and Cole and Jim Younger—who went on in the late 1860s to apply Quantrill's hit-and-run tactics to bank and train robbery. The William Clarke Quantrill Society continues to research and celebrate his life and deeds.

Yeeehaw!

R...?

posted on Dec, 18 2006 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Ronald Reagan

On February 6, 1911, Ronald Wilson Reagan was born to Nelle and John Reagan in Tampico, Illinois. He attended high school in nearby Dixon and then worked his way through Eureka College. There, he studied economics and sociology, played on the football team, and acted in school plays. Upon graduation, he became a radio sports announcer.

S...?

[edit on 18-12-2006 by 1Crisis]

posted on Dec, 18 2006 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Shemp Howard

- Stooge that replaced Curly after he had a stroke. At one time, named The Ugliest Man in Show Business!!

<<   2  3 >>

join