It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pretty neat looking UFO photos recently taken in MA

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I will repeat this in this thread also.

Look good and turn it on its side..... it looks like the mystery object that prevented the shuttle from landing. Oops! there that darn baggie again.

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 10:26 PM
link   
The pics don't do it for me.

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by observe50
I will repeat this in this thread also.

Look good and turn it on its side..... it looks like the mystery object that prevented the shuttle from landing. Oops! there that darn baggie again.

I noticed that too. It has that sort of "manta ray" appearence at first glance.

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 09:45 AM
link   
The last two pics may be a giveaway. (pic 6 and 7)

Look at the top of the post in the bottom right of pic 6. Now look at the dark "bulb" or "sphere" of the UFO above the blue neon in pic 7. Looks like the same object to me!

posted on Dec, 23 2006 @ 09:50 AM
link   

[edit on 23-12-2006 by LynnUFO]

posted on Dec, 23 2006 @ 10:29 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 23 2006 @ 10:41 AM
link   
When you cut and past the object you NEVER get a smooth transistion from object to background.

And Photoshop modification of an image can be detected.

posted on Dec, 23 2006 @ 10:45 AM
link   
You wanted EXIF info

Shutter 1/13 Aperture f.2.2 manual mode. flash off. Focal Length 13mm Metering = pattern.

Picture taken while supporting elbows on hood of car becasue of slow exposure. I forced it to slow becasue otherwise the image would be black except for object. That is why ufo is SO bright.

BTW If I thew a toy or footbal it would go across the frame much more in 1/13th of a second!

posted on Dec, 23 2006 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by LynnUFO
When you cut and past the object you NEVER get a smooth transistion from object to background.

Your pictures are nice, and lovely. However, I would have to disagree with this statement. If you are working form decent quality images, you CAN get a smooth transition by using feathering, making the edges transparent gradually. Of course, it requires some skill to achieve the desired effect. Just a simple copy and paste will result in what you have posted.

my 2 cents.

But otherwise, you have excellent pictures!

[edit on 12/23/2006 by Mechanic 32]

posted on Dec, 23 2006 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mechanic 32
Your pictures are nice, and lovely. However, I would have to disagree with this statement. If you are working form decent quality images, you CAN get a smooth transition by using feathering, making the edges transparent gradually. Of course, it requires some skill to achieve the desired effect. Just a simple copy and paste will result in what you have posted.

It's actually even easier within the last few releases of Photoshop. The "healing brush" is an amazing thing. It samples pixel texture and blends in a single click.

I retouch zits off of people's faces regularly... and you should see what I can do with the bags under your eyes.

That's not to say I'm accusing the man from Lynn of anything whatsoever. I'm actually pretty jealous, I live nearby as well and almost never hear of sightings in our part of the world. The pictures look cool and I haven't taken a close look at them.

But it's much more difficult to debunk Photoshop jobs today than it was a few years back, and will continue to get more difficult.

posted on Dec, 23 2006 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Again, not trying to debunk the man from Lynn, as much as show that copying & pasting is just as easy to do with a Lasso tool (with a 2-pixel feather) as it is with a basic square. The selecting took me ten seconds and the pasting took me two. Voila, natural backgrounds.

posted on Dec, 23 2006 @ 01:06 PM
link   
You are sort of right about a careful cut and paste. but keep in mind you are cutting and pasting from the same raw photo. Put some one ELESES ufo in my sky and lets see if we can tell ;-)

posted on Dec, 23 2006 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Does this one look like it is not a natural part of the sky???

Try a cut and past from this to the other photo!!!!

Real is Real!

posted on Dec, 23 2006 @ 02:01 PM
link   

You are sort of right about a careful cut and paste. but keep in mind you are cutting and pasting from the same raw photo. Put some one ELESES ufo in my sky and lets see if we can tell ;-)

Okay. Your photo, your sky, someone else's UFO(s):

Not the most convincing UFOs, but check the edging; go ahead and zoom in. Also took the liberty of removing your UFO and putting the sky back in. Where did it go?

Again, not trying to debunk your photos, just proving a Photoshop point. And yes, the last photo you posted does look natural.

Gotta go finish Christmas shopping now!

posted on Dec, 23 2006 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by skip_brilliantine The selecting took me ten seconds and the pasting took me two. Voila, natural backgrounds.

Lmao! It's an invasion!

Except skip, the one thats most in the middle is too pixelated around the edges.

Otherwise

You are now an official hoaxter. Just kidding mods. He was proving a point.

posted on Dec, 23 2006 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Does this one look like it is not a natural part of the sky???

Try a cut and past from this to the other photo!!!!

Real is Real!

Oh okay, one more, since you asked. I really have to go pick up some wrapping paper and whatnot...

Beyond cutting & pasting, lassoing, healing, brightness, and contrast, there's also layer filters that can remove whole levels of contrasting visual information. Used in combination, there's not much you can't superimpose. With time.

posted on Dec, 23 2006 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mechanic 32

Originally posted by skip_brilliantine The selecting took me ten seconds and the pasting took me two. Voila, natural backgrounds.

Lmao! It's an invasion!

Except skip, the one thats most in the middle is too pixelated around the edges.

Otherwise

You are now an official hoaxter. Just kidding mods. He was proving a point.

Thanks Mechanic 32!... interesting that you should point that pixelated one out; that's the one that was already there. Didn't touch it. Check the original! I just cleaned the noise up in my subsequent "copies".

posted on Dec, 23 2006 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Good work! You certainly proved at least "I" did not make the photo!

But also the pixelation around the original prooves it is real.

And your copies and manipulations are hidden by the fact that you are not saving with lossless compression. My little originals are almost 1 meg, your have HUGE JPEG compression blocks hiding your tracks ;-)

Look YOUR compression blocks are ~1/5th the size of the ufo! The original picture the compression blocks are ~1/25th the size!

A high quality fake is easier to tell than a very low quality one.

But I do agree, easier than I thought!

All I have is the 3 pics posted and 2 really dark ones before I went to manual mode on camera. The auto exposure on the camera locked on to the lights in auto mode so just blue light blur with black around it...

Anyway enjoy!

posted on Dec, 23 2006 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Points taken. Seriously, having a series of pics like you have is of course always more convincing than any single example. Happy holidays!

posted on Dec, 23 2006 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Not a big believer in UFO's it moved a bit strange and left a little quick, but other than odd lights and shape did not leave much faster than a military craft could... No beams picking up cows either ;-)

Wierd that is was quite, but I live in a noisy area too.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join