It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Largest Illegal Immigrant Bust Nets I.D. Thieves

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 01:44 PM
link   
In a recent bust of illegal immigrants working in meat packing plants across the United States over 1,200 persons were arrested. Many of these illegal immigrants were using the identities of current United States citizens. In a disturbing new trend it appears that there is a strong market for stolen identities amongst the illegal immigrant population and probably, their supporters.

news.yahoo.com
WASHINGTON - More than 1,200 people were arrested in meatpacking plants in six states during raids that federal officials said amounted to the largest-ever workplace crackdown on illegal immigration. Homeland Security Secretary Michael Chertoff said Wednesday the investigation uncovered a "disturbing front" in the war against illegal immigration, in which illegal immigrants are using the identities of U.S. citizens to obtain jobs.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

While citizens of the United States cannot find jobs, and/or are suffering damaged credit histories, illegal immigrants are benefitting from stealing identities and stealing wages. Even though they say they are in the United States to "work", they have stolen their way into the country, stolen identification of citizens and stolen jobs from U.S. workers. There is a video link that shows the Sob Story attitude of the local community toward the illegals, it also demonstrates the conspiracy attitude of these sympathizers in hiding their illegal immigrant buddies in order to bypass U.S. Law.

Boycott Swift Meats, Swift Premium and Swift Products!

Related News Links:
news.yahoo.com
news.yahoo.com
www.washingtonpost.com
desmoinesregister.com

[edit on 13-12-2006 by 2stepsfromtop]

[edit on 13-12-2006 by 2stepsfromtop]

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 01:13 AM
link   
I agree with the above post, I work as a cook in a restaurant in central California and needless to say the problem is out of control. Illegal immigrants cause lower wages on the lower classes at the same time giving the middle and upper class cheaper labor. The government doesn't have a problem with it because it makes rich people and stock holders money while the lower class gets !@#$ed!

The fact that local law enforcement including police, sheriffs, and highway patrol do not "deal" with illegal immigration should be a red flag to all. If you call your local police department and ask questions about illegal immigration you probably will be asked to call another law enforcement agency such as ICE etc.

Just remember our police don't have time to deal with illegal immigration when they can be enforcing our country's traffic laws and locking up criminals peddling soft drugs.

What I find slightly ironic about "the largest-ever workplace crackdown on illegal immigration" is that they took in 1,200 illegals today with the bust, how many do you think got into the country today, I don't know, double or triple that number? Finally, how long has ICE been working on that raid, probably longer than a couple days,

[edit on 14-12-2006 by Low Orbit]

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Low Orbit
The fact that local law enforcement including police, sheriffs, and highway patrol do not "deal" with illegal immigration should be a red flag to all. If you call your local police department and ask questions about illegal immigration you probably will be asked to call another law enforcement agency such as ICE etc.

Gov. Mitt Romney of Mass. recently signed into law legislation that would allow specially trained State Police to arrest illegals and charge them with violating US immigration laws. Unfortunately, the law is sure to be rescinded by the newly elected Deval Patrick, a Democrat who takes office in January.

I recently authored a thread that suggested the Feds benefit from illegal immigration, to the tune of a $519 billion windfall. The thread received one response.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 14-12-2006 by jsobecky]

posted on Dec, 15 2006 @ 02:20 AM
link   
to add to the discussion, i live near greeley and this has been a hot topic for the past 2 days here.

i adhere to the too little too late school of thought on this subject. this is an epidemic that has been apparent since the early 80's, especially in the western states including the one in which i live. i believe that the corporations involved should indeed take most of the blow, for it was their actions which enticed and perpetuated the situation, wooing mexican nationals through word of mouth and lax hiring policies.

thousands of families are now damaged due to the negligence of corporate america and the delayed zealousness of our government to suddenly make a stand 20 years too late.

there was a competitive excercise in elementary schools when i was young called 'future problem solving' where students would group together and brainstorm ideas on prominent and potential global issues ranging from the elderly in the workforce to ecological collapse. it was at the same time an effort to instill a sense of importance in children in regards to current events and also to better understand what their actions might evolve into over the coming years. one of the problems we were given was immigration in a generalist sense, legal and illegal, and the potential problems that could arise in the near future. one of the main issues that my group focused on was the lack of current prosecution of illegal immigrants (this is in 1987 and i was about 10). our 'soloution' was to make liable those that had facilitated the immigration problem, from loopholes in government regulations to the shady sides of the corporate giants. if it wasn't so easy for them to hire illegals, then they wouldn't do it, but they do, so harsh penalties must be enforced. by concluding that the actions of these companies ruins not only the national economy but the personal integrity and well being of those used in the name of discount labor, we decided that the only way to criminalize it was to make the offense something equivalent to rape or murder, and those charges to be pressed upon the policy makers, not the uneducated throngs that cross our borders daily. our group ranked somewhere in the teens out of hundreds of entries.

i still hold those same thoughts, and in today's post 9-11 world to me the knowing practice of hiring illegals is the same as treason or terrorism, which to me is the act of knowingly and willfully doing something destructive to the social, economic and political community of a nation generating widespread chaos and fear.

(got a phone call and lost my train of thought, if there really ever was one:roll

that's my thoughts for now..

top topics

join