It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Are You Attacking Jesus?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
honestly, without the true existence of the main figure of a religion (in this case jesus) it wouldn't be surprising that it garners a 2 billion person following

especially considering the various forms of enforcement over the years

and, since i'm an atheist, it isn't that crazy for me to think a religion centered around a fictional character is plausible

Madness, i don't mean to offend you, but your ignorance is just...Wow.

I don't know what to say.:shk:

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by thehumbleone
"Do what thou wilt" sound like your philosophy, which is cool, i guess.

Where did I say one thing about my philosophy? Unless you have read my posts all over the board, you have no clue about my philosophy. See, I don't force my truth on others. I don't claim my way or the hiway. I am not so arrogant as to think that there is only one spiritual path to enlightenment and it's MINE!

Have you found yours?

Yes.

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I just can't believe this.

How can anyone know 100% that their religion is the one and only truth? There is no concrete evidence to support any of the religions. Any one of us could be right or wrong.

Having faith in your religion is fine but why be disrespectful to others by telling them that they are wrong when no one knows for sure. You're Christian, you know the golden rule. "Do onto others as you would have others do onto you."

You obviously don't like it when people put down your beliefs, so why do it to others?

Also, Britney Spears is considered very popular...doesn't mean that she is neccesarily a talented singer. It is all based on opinion.

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Yes thehumbleone, there are several people that always attack Christianity on this board, any time they get the slightest chance to sink a fang in they do. Not that I'm calling them animals.

[edit on 12/13/2006 by kinglizard]

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Well Satan is a good friend of mine, and according to him...he and Jesus made up ages ago and have been good buddies since.

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 10:43 PM
link   

so my personal beliefs are ignorant?

why?
because i disagree with you?
because i think a fictional character could over the course of 1900 years garner a 2 billion person following?
because i'm implying that christianity was forced down people's throats at 1 point

is it because i'm an atheist?

could you point out the specific ignorance?

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

"Do what thou wilt" sound like your philosophy, which is cool, i guess.

Where did I say one thing about my philosophy? Unless you have read my posts all over the board, you have no clue about my philosophy. See, I don't force my truth on others. I don't claim my way or the hiway. I am not so arrogant as to think that there is only one spiritual path to enlightenment and it's MINE!

Have you found yours?

Yes.

How am I being arrogant if it is the truth?

And it is not "my way," it is Jesus way. He is the way.

[edit on 13-12-2006 by thehumbleone]

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowflake_obsidian
I just can't believe this.

How can anyone know 100% that their religion is the one and only truth? There is no concrete evidence to support any of the religions. Any one of us could be right or wrong.

Having faith in your religion is fine but why be disrespectful to others by telling them that they are wrong when no one knows for sure. You're Christian, you know the golden rule. "Do onto others as you would have others do onto you."

You obviously don't like it when people put down your beliefs, so why do it to others?

Also, Britney Spears is considered very popular...doesn't mean that she is neccesarily a talented singer. It is all based on opinion.

When have I disrespected anyones beliefs?

When have i put down anyones beliefs?

All I have done is stated that Christ is "The way, The Truth, and The Life"
and nobody seems to like it.

Not everybody has an ear for the truth, this is why Christ said " Listen then, if you have an ear."

So I tell you all the same thing he told me, " Listen then, if you have an ear."

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowflake_obsidian

Who has killed in the name of Jesus? and if they have, then they obviously aren't true followers of Jesus because Jesus would NEVER approve of murder.

You have heard of the Crusades right?

I am not saying that Jesus would approve of it at all. In fact, I am pretty sure he wouldn't which makes the fact even more sad. But there are many Christians who ostrasize and persecute others for believing in different religious theories and that brings a lot of criticism of the Christian religion.

The Crusades were nothing more than the Roman Empire acting in the Name of Christianity. When they couldn't kill the Christians, they took control of the movement..............quite effective.

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul

so my personal beliefs are ignorant?

why?
because i disagree with you?
because i think a fictional character could over the course of 1900 years garner a 2 billion person following?
because i'm implying that christianity was forced down people's throats at 1 point

is it because i'm an atheist?

could you point out the specific ignorance?

Your ignorance lies in your faith of a nearly impossible scenario.

To think that Christianity being a "made up story" could get off the ground at that time period in Rome is insane.

What you believe about the origins of Christianity takes even greater faith to believe than if you just admitted that there was a man named Jesus who started it.

It's cool that you have such great faith though, maybe you should put some of it to good use.

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 01:15 AM
link   
There wasn't a man named jesus that started a religion.

There was a man named Yeshua, who wasn't trying to start a religion, but trying to show people how to live by example. Showing us how to act out of love rather than fear. The reason that all of the stories about him surfaced long after his death is because that was the only way christianity could have been started, he wouldn't have stood for people worshiping the ground he walked on.

Also, you calling other people's religions lies, is attacking them. So don't pretend to be so pure. You are even disrespecting all other religions by not being able to see that they are being attacked just as yours is.

Although I may try to show people how to live in a more harmonious manner, i surely will not go around telling people, or pretending to be "pure" or "holy". I am a person, just like everybody else; we are all living breathing creations no matter how different we would like to be. The only difference there is between any people of any religion or ethnicity is in their mind. We put up barriers and attack each other out of fear, and by you claiming that your religion is the one true way, and the only one being attacked by "the work of satan" is ludicrous.

Yes, your religion is being attacked, but i guess that we've already forgot about the Holocaust; and now how children that are taught this bs jihad story are told that it's ok to kill jews because they are born of pigs and monkeys and therefore not human?

What about everyone that says that we (everyone that's not christian in the "typical" sense) are going to "hell" because we don't like to be confined to thinking within a tiny propaganda filled genocidal box?

What about Hindus? I'm sure you have something to say about how they are full of it, and how they believe in false gods.

Did we forget about pagans? Who have been around for far longer than christianity.

You guys know something? There sure are a lot of people on this planet considering the fact that so many souls have gone to hell for not believing in christianity. I guess that's all part of satan's plan to get us, right?

We always sit around and wait for someone to save us, or say that as long as we all believe "this" that we will be ok. Well guess what, even if the entire world consisted of christian people, it would still be the same.

How many different denominations of christianity are there? When was the last time you heard of catholics and baptists getting along? What about Jehovah's witnesses, do they count?

It's not about what religion you follow, it's about who you are. It's about how you treat other people, it's about loving your neighbors, it's about friendship amongst those who are "different"

People are constantly attacking christianity because people keep saying things like "Why is everyone attacking jesus and nobody else?". The fact that you haven't a clue as to what goes on in this world when it comes to whose religion is being attacked, whose religion is being forced upon people, and what life is really about is why your beliefs are being attacked.

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 01:44 AM
link   

There wasn't a man named jesus that started a religion.

There was a man named Yeshua, who wasn't trying to start a religion, but trying to show people how to live by example. Showing us how to act out of love rather than fear. The reason that all of the stories about him surfaced long after his death is because that was the only way christianity could have been started, he wouldn't have stood for people worshiping the ground he walked on.

Err, and where's the proof for this?
All you're doing is speculating.

Also, you calling other people's religions lies, is attacking them. So don't pretend to be so pure. You are even disrespecting all other religions by not being able to see that they are being attacked just as yours is.

Could you please show me where I called their religion a lie?

Although I may try to show people how to live in a more harmonious manner, i surely will not go around telling people, or pretending to be "pure" or "holy". I am a person, just like everybody else; we are all living breathing creations no matter how different we would like to be. The only difference there is between any people of any religion or ethnicity is in their mind. We put up barriers and attack each other out of fear, and by you claiming that your religion is the one true way, and the only one being attacked by "the work of satan" is ludicrous.

It is the only truth, there can only be one truth.

I am also no angel, I'm probably one of the worst sinners, well, maybe not the worst, but I'm pretty bad, this is why I need Christ.

Yes, your religion is being attacked, but i guess that we've already forgot about the Holocaust; and now how children that are taught this bs jihad story are told that it's ok to kill jews because they are born of pigs and monkeys and therefore not human?

Now you're attacking someone else's religion.
Heck, some of you believe truth is relative, so who's to say the muslims are wrong about the jews, we all have our own truth now don't we?
Who's to say their truth is wrong?
There is no God, or at least thats what some of you say, so who's to say what I do is "wrong?"
I say let them do what they want, i mean, since now there's no God and all, what do they got to lose? there's no consequences, God died, remember?
Anything goes in this "Brave New World." Now that "God is dead", let them kill whoever they want, they don't gotta worry about facing judgment, what's the worst that could happen? They could die, that's it, we are all gonna die anyway, so I guess we don't gain anything over them.

What about everyone that says that we (everyone that's not christian in the "typical" sense) are going to "hell" because we don't like to be confined to thinking within a tiny propaganda filled genocidal box?

Sorry, I can't judge you, Jesus told me not to:

Judging Others
1"Judge not, that you be not judged. 2For with the judgment you pronounce you will be judged, and with the measure you use it will be measured to you. 3Why do you see the speck that is in your brother's eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye? 4Or how can you say to your brother, 'Let me take the speck out of your eye,' when there is the log in your own eye? 5You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother's eye. Mark 7:1-5

You guys know something? There sure are a lot of people on this planet considering the fact that so many souls have gone to hell for not believing in christianity. I guess that's all part of satan's plan to get us, right?

Who's to say they're going to hell? Jesus told us not to judge, remember?
Jesus is the only one who can judge, and he's a very good judge, so I'll leave all the judging up to him.

[edit on 14-12-2006 by thehumbleone]

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Err, and where's the proof for this?
All you're doing is speculating.

Yeah, most entire beliefs systems are just speculation Also, why on earth would a Jewish man have a greek name? Unless you want to pronounce it Hay-sus, then why did a jewish man have a spanish name?

Origin of the Name Jesus
I can find more sources if you'd like

Could you please show me where I called their religion a lie?

You say that your religion is the truth, therefore according to you, any religion that is not yours equals lies.

I am also no angel, I'm probably one of the worst sinners, well, maybe not the worst, but I'm pretty bad, this is why I need Christ.

More evidence of you calling other religions lies. Sin is for the church, once you live through love, you know not of what it called "sin". Lose fear, and lose hate, learn love, friendship and forgiveness, and the word "sin" loses all meaning to you.

Note the lack of me claiming to not attack people's religion. Show me where I said that i wasn't.

Heck, some of you believe truth is relative, so who's to say the muslims are wrong about the jews, we all have our own truth now don't we?

Apparently you, or do you not remember claiming that your "truth" is the only "truth"? If we all have our own truth, how can your beliefs be the only true ones? I will quote you now:

Basically, you have just proved your own words wrong with the quote above this one. That was the point that i was trying to convey to you, I'm glad you've learned this piece of knowledge.

There is no God, or at least thats what some of you say, so who's to say what I do is "wrong?"
I say let them do what they want, i mean, since now there's no God and all, what do they got to lose? there's no consequences, God died, remember?

There's no physical being named god, if that's what you are getting at. God is more complex that anything we can comprehend, it's insane. God didn't die either, god isn't living in a way that we consider living (i.e. heart rates and having a physical body); also, Yeshua died for something he believed in, showing the people that he was human, and that he did live the words he preached.

Sorry, I can't judge you, Jesus told me not to:

Well, you are partially there. It includes not ridiculing others when they "attack" your beliefs. You can defend your beliefs, but you don't have to say that it is "satan's work" that they attack your beliefs.

Who's to say they're going to hell? Jesus told us not to judge, remember?
Jesus is the only one who can judge, and he's a very good judge, so I'll leave all the judging up to him.

Yeshua judges not; And since you hold him in such high esteem (calling him god) you should pray that he doesn't, for if he did then we would all be in a very bad position. Not judging, but forgiving, not caring what we did in the past, loving and knowing that people do change.

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Anything goes in this "Brave New World." Now that "God is dead", let them kill whoever they want, they don't gotta worry about facing judgment, what's the worst that could happen? They could die, that's it, we are all gonna die anyway, so I guess we don't gain anything over them.

In case you didn't notice, i was being sarcastic with this remark.

I'm showing you the kind of world we live in where there is no God, and everybody's truth goes. this is the kind of world you all want isn't it?

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Pancho, I'm going to be straight with you, I'm sorry to tell you, but you are so blind it's not even funny.

I will pray that Jesus will take the scales off of your eyes.

Take care brother.

[edit on 14-12-2006 by thehumbleone]

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 03:10 AM
link   
I appreciate the fact that you are willing to put me in your prayers, whether i agree with your beliefs or not, it's still a notion of caring and friendship, and for that notion I thank you.

At times it may seem like i think I know everything, but trust me this is not true. I know i'm still learning as we all are, that's what we are here for. If we had learned all that we needed, we would have no need for this place.

All I want is for people to think freely, and show more love. Once we have broken the bonds of oppressive thinking, then we can truly have open minds. Only then will we be ready for the truth that is the truth. I am here to learn and help others think for themselves.

At times I really don't see why people are the way they are, with all of the killing and discrimination etc. It is much harder to live that way than it is to live through love. I just don't understand why everybody else can't see what i see, and feel what i've felt. Guess it's just not their time.

Anyways, good luck on your journey.

Peace

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard
Yes thehumbleone, there are several people that always attack Christianity on this board,

While there are those people on the board, I agree, I haven't seen any of them here. A disagreement is not an attack. A difference of opinion is not an attack. I think the difference is pretty clear...

Why is it that a simple disagreement or difference of opinion is considered a full-frontal attack to Jesus or Christianity? I hope Jesus isn't as hypersensitive and delicate as his followers...

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 09:47 AM
link   
If I had meant "disagreement" that is what I would have said BH.

Thanks for the extra little dig and insult BH, your ego never disappoints.

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard
Yes thehumbleone, there are several people that always attack Christianity on this board, any time they get the slightest chance to sink a fang in they do. Not that I'm calling them animals.

[edit on 12/13/2006 by kinglizard]

Attacking "Christianity",notice the quotation marks, and attacking Christ is not, I repeat, is not the same thing. So don't pretend that it is. Thank you.

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
Attacking "Christianity",notice the quotation marks, and attacking Christ is not, I repeat, is not the same thing. So don't pretend that it is. Thank you.

*Yawn*

So are you putting your foot down?...I repeat, putting your foot down? lol

You cannot separate Christ from Christianity. An attack on Christianity is an attack on Christ. He is the living word, he is the truth, life and the way.

John 14:6

Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join