It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Are You Attacking Jesus?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I was thinking, and I find it strange how out of all of the religious figures in the world, Christ is always the one who is attacked the most.

Why is this?

You never hear people attacking Buddha, Confucius, or Muhammad.

This proves that Satan is at work. Just think about it, if you were Satan, who would you attack?

Of course it gonna be the one who taught the one true Truth, Jesus Christ.

Watch out friends, Satan wants you to believe a lie, but don't fall for it.

Arm yourself with the Truth: "Listen then, if you have an ear."

[edit on 13-12-2006 by thehumbleone]

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by thehumbleone
I was thinking, and I find it strange how out of all of the religious figures in the world, Christ is always the one who is attacked the most.

Why is this?

What?
What world are you living in? The Muslims and "Christians" are continuously attacking Buddhism and Hinduism!! There is a difference between attacking Jesus and attacking the corruptors of Jesus' true teachings..

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I always hear way more attacs on Budha then Jesus, maybe you only notcie the attacks on Jesus, if I were the devil I wouldnt attack jesus, I would just attack everything possible, guess thats why I am not the devil.

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 01:42 PM
link   

What?
What world are you living in? The Muslims and "Christians" are continuously attacking Buddhism and Hinduism!! There is a difference between attacking Jesus and attacking the corruptors of Jesus' true teachings..

What I'm saying is, People are always attacking the validity of the gospels and Jesus teachings, I have never heard anybody attack the historical existence of Confucius or his teachings, even though it is well thought that he never wrote anything down but his teachings were written many years after his death.

Hell, there is even less evidence of Confucius existence than Jesus.

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Hell, there is even less evidence of Confucius existence than Jesus.

Not sure about that one...

You are missing a big point,humble... Christianity is a major world religion. Confucianism is not even technically a religion and it certainly isn't a major one. One would think that there would be more evidence for the founder of a major world religion that what there is for Jesus... So naturally, there are people who are probably not very spiritual,much less religious, that are going to question whether he existed or not..

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Well I have seen people attack Muhammed and Islam in general.

Now I don't attack any religious figures (or at least I try not to) but I think I may know why people attack Jesus.

I mean, I have never heard a Buddhist push their religion on others and I can't remember the last time anyone was killed or persecuted or ostracized in the name of Buddah or Confucious.

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 02:03 PM
link   
@ Speaker

Confucius didn't even write anything down, and all of his "supposed" sayings were written well after he died, yet no one questions his existence.

And all of the supposed "biographies" of Muhammad were written well over a century after his death.

Also, you have to remember that in 70 A.d. Jerusalem was attacked by roman armies, the temple was destroyed, and a lot of eyewitnesses that knew Jesus were probably slaughtered, and any evidence of his existence was probably destroyed.

They literally burned the place down!

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowflake_obsidian
Well I have seen people attack Muhammed and Islam in general.

Now I don't attack any religious figures (or at least I try not to) but I think I may know why people attack Jesus.

I mean, I have never heard a Buddhist push their religion on others and I can't remember the last time anyone was killed or persecuted or ostracized in the name of Buddah or Confucious.

Who has killed in the name of Jesus? and if they have, then they obviously aren't true followers of Jesus because Jesus would NEVER approve of murder.

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Who has killed in the name of Jesus? and if they have, then they obviously aren't true followers of Jesus because Jesus would NEVER approve of murder.

You have heard of the Crusades right?

I am not saying that Jesus would approve of it at all. In fact, I am pretty sure he wouldn't which makes the fact even more sad. But there are many Christians who ostrasize and persecute others for believing in different religious theories and that brings a lot of criticism of the Christian religion.

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Come to think of it, I've never heard of Christ being attacked as you claim. I've only heard Christians and people who say they practice Christianty attacked. And most of the time they deserved it, in my opinion.

Maybe you've never heard people attacking Muhammad (remember the cartoons?), but I certainly have. And, as has been said, when was the last time anyone tried to force Buddhism, Confucianism OR Islam on me??? How about NEVER. Never have I heard anyone who practices Buddhism or Confucianism claim that theirs was the only true way and everyone else was going to hell or some equally nasty place.

Show me these attacks on Jesus Christ that you speak of, please.

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 03:25 PM
link   

@ Speaker

Confucius didn't even write anything down, and all of his "supposed" sayings were written well after he died, yet no one questions his existence.

Humble,neither did Christ...and Matthew,Mark,Luke and John were not written until 50-80 years after Christ's death..So..

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I am like Benevolent...I know I have certainly never attacked christ;I have never really seen anyone else do it either..Hell, if we all could lived the way Christ commanded,we'd all be much better off.. Why attack that?

Something that most "Christians" fail to emphasize is Christ's concept of "Live and let live." That to me, was one of Christ's greatest teachings.

[edit on 13-12-2006 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 03:30 PM
link   
SATAN, o rly?

what led me to cease believing in all religion (mainly christianity because i was initially a christian) was the bible and jesus

why jesus?

the number of people that have died in the name of jesus?
the lack of evidence?
the absurdity of christian theology (though i would say that all religions are part of it)

also, confucius isn't exactly a religious figure in the classical sense

oh, and jesus claimed to be god, that's normally the sign of something fishy (especially when so many people were doing it back then)

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
, when was the last time anyone tried to force Buddhism, Confucianism OR Islam on me??? How about NEVER.

Umm,you can remove Islam from that equation because Muslims would certainly like to force its agenda on you.. Although, I do agree that Buddhism,Hinduism and Confuscianism does not try to enforce its agenda.

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
oh, and jesus claimed to be god, that's normally the sign of something fishy (especially when so many people were doing it back then)

That is a fallacy perpetrated by the modern "church." Christ made no claims of being God... All he ever claimed to be was the SON of God.. not the same thing as being God.

Let me clarify... This "Jesus is God" theory did not really take hold until 325 A.D with the Nicean council...

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Well, yeah we hear about "attacks" on Christianity more because the majority of the US population is Christian.

And, no there's not a lot of Confucianism bashing. Who's got enough time to open all those little cookies to read up on it?

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
Umm,you can remove Islam from that equation because Muslims would certainly like to force its agenda on you..

I have known and worked with MANY Muslims and not one ever has. The only time they talked about their religion in fact, was when I asked. And then, they never so much as indicated that I should become a Muslim or that I would suffer if I didn't. NEVER. So, no, I'm going to leave it in, thanks.

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by yeahright
And, no there's not a lot of Confucianism bashing. Who's got enough time to open all those little cookies to read up on it?

Isn't that the truth!

I haven't heard any Muslims bashing Christianity in person. However I have seen it in the media and online in chat rooms and what not. Then again, I have never met many Muslims in person. So I lack the experience to make that conclusion.

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Man, people attack anybody who they feel is different.

Jesus gets attacked because he is the cornerstone of a religion that has dominated western thinking for a while now.

Buddha gets attacked because he sits around and meditates.

Muhhamhed gets attacked because he's a part of the muslim belief system, which is under fire as we speak all around the world.

Why do you have to attack the attackers?

You felt compelled to voice an opinion.

THAT'S why people do it. Opinion.

Besides, leave Satan out of this. Some people (like me) find Satan a VERY important part of their life. Just because Satan is a bad guy to you doesn't mean it is that way for everybody else.

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul

That is a fallacy perpetrated by the modern "church." Christ made no claims of being God... All he ever claimed to be was the SON of God.. not the same thing as being God.

Let me clarify... This "Jesus is God" theory did not really take hold until 325 A.D with the Nicean council...

Speaker, i know we've talked about this before, but if you keep claiming Jesus isn't who he said he is, then you're believing a lie.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join