It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NWO ties to Gladiator games in Rome?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I think one very possible scenario for why leaders of the world love to start war's goes back to Roman day's and is even instilled in the heart of man.

People love to see fighting and death. In a global world, these battles are created for entertainment of their leaders. Bush and Cheney enjoy blood. They are very old people and have 10-20yrs in their lives anyway. Why not go out with a entertaining blood bath in no other than the place where the Garden of Eden and the holy lands are located.

This is a most fascinating time in history. The world war has already begun. America has declared ww3. And it is like watching the movie Gladiator

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by dunkindonuts
People love to see fighting and death. In a global world, these battles are created for entertainment of their leaders. Bush and Cheney enjoy blood.

While the human species does seem to hold a psuedo-love/hate relationship with violance (can't help but gawk dumb faced at a car crash for instance), I do not believe that we love seeing death. True, some individuals (a startlingly high number most likely) do enjoy seeing death but there are many who do not.

They are very old people and have 10-20yrs in their lives anyway. Why not go out with a entertaining blood bath in no other than the place where the Garden of Eden and the holy lands are located.

While I may not agree with the war in any sense...I do think that it is more then a stretch to make such a claim. It is more likely a disregard for human life rather then a blood lust simply because "they are going to die soon anyway". By a disregard I mean to insinuate that it was a war for skewed political and economic gain and if some people happen to die in the problem then so be it.

This is a most fascinating time in history. The world war has already begun. America has declared ww3.

This is something I happen to agree with a little bit. While it may not be a direct cause of an eventual WWIII type scenario; I do feel that actions taken are a prime starting point for others to recognize and exploit for their own gains (like extrpolating upon a horrible idea dozens of times over and each using the previous as a means to justify their ends).

As always, I hope I was clear with this.

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I was always surprised that gladitor games died as quick as they did.

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I would support gladiatorial games for violent criminals. There's nothing entertaining about lethal injection. Instead of having a murderer die quietly and peacefully, give him a fighting chance -- against hungry crocodiles.

No, seriously though, I think it would be kind of cool to see murderers fight each other with swords and stuff. Not average criminals, but very sick ones, serial killers and people involved in violent rapes of children. Things like that, which are some of the most repulsive crimes in society. People could bet on them and whatnot. Just imagine, we could have B.T.K. fighting the Beltway (Washington) Sniper, with swords and shields!

new topics

top topics

join