It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Curious WTC video

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I was watching a brief video of the World Trade Center falling (I'm not sure if it was building one or building two), however, something caught my eye. I took two screen shots, one before the tower fell, and one after the tower had already begun to fall.

This is picture one. I have circled the area in question in red. The object in question is a helicopter, seemingly black, but it is too far away to make that assumption.

i31.photobucket.com...

Now, here in picture two you have the tower falling, and the helicopter has just flown past it. The picture in this frame is better looking, and you can distinguish the helicopter much easier.

i31.photobucket.com...

Here is the link for the video that I saw, it's quite brief and doesnt tell you much more than you already know.
www.youtube.com...
watch?v=eO2cQOC7hxY&mode=related&search=

Now, my question to ATS'ers is, what exactly was that helicopter doing there, just mere seconds before the collapse of the tower? I'm not declaring a government conspiracies or any cover-up stuff like that, I would just like to know what a random helicopter was doing that close to the World Trade Center just seconds before the collapse. At the end of the video, the cameraman zooms in on the falling tower, taking the helicopter out of view.

Another thing that bothered me about this video is that between the 8th and 9th second of video, you can hear a large, then multiple explosion-like sounds. I would really like it if someone checked this out and let me know if my mind isn't just playing tricks on me.

-SS

[edit on 13-12-2006 by SneakySquirrel]

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Any input on this would be a great help to me if anyone cares to give their opinion on the matter.

-SS

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 12:43 PM
link   
it looks like a remote detonation via a black helicopter

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 12:44 PM
link   
and it completely proves that the government had a hand in it

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by dunkindonuts

I don't want to go of the deep end here and accuse the government, I just think that it's strangely odd that that helicopter was there just seconds before the collapse.

As for the helicopter, the video was shot at a far enough distance as to not allow us to clearly identify the helicopter. It could just be a news chopper, rescue helicopter, who knows? More opinions would be gladly appreciated

-SS

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Another thing: Wouldn't the area around the World Trade Centers (i.e. the entire city of New York) be deemed restricted airspace? Especially when a crisis has happened. That helicopter sure has me confused, could someone please help me out on this one?

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 04:00 PM
link   
We have footage of the towers smoking from onboard a helicopter (it basically flies within 20m of the building above it). So airspace did not seem to become as restricted as one would expect if there was a true threat of hijacked planes throughout the USA (and headed for NYC). This may be the same helicopter as no one knows when the helicopter footage was filmed (wasn't live as far as I know). So it may have been an hour before or just minutes before. If it were an hour before, one must ask why it's still there when the building collapses. If it were a couple of minutes before then I don't know.

But there was a news chopper in the air EXTREMELY close to the building filming at one stage. Some footage from that was shown delayed on television during the events of the day. But it's impossible to know if it was from this particular chopper.

One also must ask - with all the news HQs in NYC... where were the other News choppers? If one news crew saw a rival network chopper in the air getting a PRIME view on the event, why don't we see half a dozen up there? If there is an event which captures the audience en mass we ALWAYS see large "fleets" of choppers from news crews. At least 3 or 4. Yet on one of the most viewed current events witnessed worldwide live, we see 1 chopper?

[edit on 13-12-2006 by ixnay]

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Those were Police Helicopters.... look at ANY footage...Any video there was no secret they were there. Geeesh

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 04:27 PM
link   
The NYPD helicopters were trying to observe for survivors on the roof tops and even tried to get to land up there, A very hard job. But the NYPD avation unit is hard core and dedicated pilots that will try to land on a pin if they could to save people.

Link to them
www.ci.nyc.ny.us...

and
www.ci.nyc.ny.us...

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Were these also the people who recorded footage for the media from a helicopter?

Not an attack, a pure question as I don't know and want to find out.

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by CameronFox
Those were Police Helicopters.... look at ANY footage...Any video there was no secret they were there. Geeesh

I didn't say anything about anything "secret", I just thought that it was odd that the helicopter happened to fly by the tower, not stopping to take any news footage or look for survivors, or anything, at almost the exact time that the towers fell.

I'm not trying to prove anything, I just started this thread because I thought that it was strange that that helicopter just happened to be there thats all.

Please tell me exactly how you know that that was a police helicopter? For all you know, it could have been a news chopper or some other kind of helicopter.

I started this thread to show a strange 'coincidence' between that particular helicopter and the timing of the fall of the tower, I'm not trying to prove the controlled demolition theory, or the "no-plane" theory, just stating an observation I made.

-SS

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by ixnay
We have footage of the towers smoking from onboard a helicopter (it basically flies within 20m of the building above it). So airspace did not seem to become as restricted as one would expect if there was a true threat of hijacked planes throughout the USA (and headed for NYC). This may be the same helicopter as no one knows when the helicopter footage was filmed (wasn't live as far as I know). So it may have been an hour before or just minutes before. If it were an hour before, one must ask why it's still there when the building collapses. If it were a couple of minutes before then I don't know.

But there was a news chopper in the air EXTREMELY close to the building filming at one stage. Some footage from that was shown delayed on television during the events of the day. But it's impossible to know if it was from this particular chopper.

One also must ask - with all the news HQs in NYC... where were the other News choppers? If one news crew saw a rival network chopper in the air getting a PRIME view on the event, why don't we see half a dozen up there? If there is an event which captures the audience en mass we ALWAYS see large "fleets" of choppers from news crews. At least 3 or 4. Yet on one of the most viewed current events witnessed worldwide live, we see 1 chopper?

[edit on 13-12-2006 by ixnay]

The only problem with this is that the helicopter wasn't around long enough to be filming, you would think that if a news helicopter were that close to the tower at the moment of the collapse that they would stick around and shoot some overhead footage of the tower collapse.

Looking back on the video, it just shows the helicopter flying in from the right side of the view, not stopping nor slowing down. When the helicopter gets within a certain distance of the tower, the tower begins its fall.

So if it were a news chopper, they would have more than likely stuck around and shot some footage. It could have been a rescue helicopter or even a police helicopter, it's hard to tell because of how far away the video was shot from.

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by dunkindonuts

Don't be so quick as to point a finger at the government, the video/pictures that I have provided show nothing proving that it is even a government helicopter. I humbly advise that you think twice before posting such a comment...

-SS

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Most likely, it is as bufordny put it.

A police helicopter.

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 05:17 AM
link   
This is how i think it went.

Planes hit the building.

Get a helicopter to cover it for the news.

Ok.

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 05:19 AM
link   
I was thinking the same, a police helicopter.

Of course, if the police were not filming the event from the air, there had to be some news crews buzzing around.

Does anyone remember any mention of air traffic in the area, from the commission reports maybe or other published documents?

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by bufordny
The NYPD helicopters were trying to observe for survivors on the roof tops and even tried to get to land up there, A very hard job. But the NYPD avation unit is hard core and dedicated pilots that will try to land on a pin if they could to save people.

Link to them
www.ci.nyc.ny.us...

and
www.ci.nyc.ny.us...

iirc it has been stated that the police and fire services had helicopters in the air at the scene and they were told to not land on the roof's?

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 09:20 AM
link   
When I was there I saw the News helicopters from Channel 2, 4, 5, 7 , 11 and 4 of our own. After the Order from the FAA to ground all planes , helicopters, the only ones up there where our helicopters. They could not land because of all the smoke and antennas on the tops of the buildings. I know the pilots personally, if they could have saved even one life they would have disobeyed orders and did it, but they did not see anyone on the roofs. They were frustrated. There was even an attempt to land fire and police on the roof to assist with the evacuation. But the south tower came down and this was abandoned. I could not tell you how sorry they felt that day. I saw it in their eyes. If I was stranded and needed a helicopter to save me.

I would not hesitate to call in the finest pilots I ever met. NYPD Aviation.
www.ci.nyc.ny.us...

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I also believe there were Fire fighting helicopters over there trying to smolder the buildings, and/or try to get the people off the rooftops.

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 01:05 PM
link   
How many news agencies were covering this?

How many of those dispatched helicopters to get the best footage of the burning buildings?

I don't find the presense of a helicopter to be suspicious at all.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join