It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Peter Boyle (Everybody Loves Raymond) Passes Away

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I've just watched a story on Channel 4 news where it has announced that Peter Boyle has passed away. Boyle played Frank Barone on the popular television show, Everybody Loves Raymond.

I still am a huge fan of the show, and was a bigger fan of Boyle himself. His character on the show portrayed a realistic father, one not portrayed so well since Archie Bunker.

I am very saddened to hear of his passing. I am still in search of a link to an online article, with no luck as of yet.

[edit on 13-12-2006 by chissler]

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I am really sorry to hear that. I thought him and Ray Romano were what made the program great. He was truly funny.

[edit on 13-12-2006 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
I am really sorry to hear that. I thought him and Ray Romano were what made the program great. He was truly funny.

Ray Romano, Brad Garret, & Peter Boyle were an amazing trio on the television show. To this day, it is probably one of my favorite television shows. I own the first seven seasons on DVD, and only await the final ones to be released.

His on screen chemistry with Doris Roberts has to be envied by other sitcom actors. You would honestly swear the two of them were married.

Again, still looking for a link.

Can anyone help us out and provide one?

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Yep, he died...Here is the story..

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Holy Crap!!! Say it ain't so.....

This guy gave the world alot of laughs.....
I remember watching the last couple seasons of ELR and thought something was "off" about him and thought to myself that he may be ill. There was just something in his eyes and tone of speaking.

I had hoped I was wrong.

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I found many links on google news chissler, here you go

Peter Boyle dies, age 71

I can't say I liked the show too much and if I DID watch it, it was for him, one helluva funny guy for sure! I was fond of this man's other acting efforts though, movies and such he acted in. Seemed like a great guy, this is a terrible loss.

RIP Peter

[edit on 13-12-2006 by ImJaded]

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 01:01 PM
link   
The man was involved in everything from The Santa Clause to Malcolm X. NYPD Blue, The X-Files, and of course, Everybody Loves Raymond.

An amazing career. Everything that he had worked with, can be found at the link below.

List of Peter Boyle's Credited Roles

top topics

join