It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will the U.S.A. attack N. Korea??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 11:04 AM
link   
If the U.S.A. attacks it could start war with China. The next war with N. Korea will not be a push over. Will it start a ww3 in one year. Three mo. since the warnings by U.S.A. and the UN.

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I certainly hope not. Were already overdrawn with he conflict in Iraq.

However, who will stop them if they decide to get more aggressive with their nuke program? The U.N.? I think not.

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 11:27 AM
link   
We must stop the spread of NUKES and tri to help the south with containing the north, Just a thought. Mybe we can talk owerway out of a preemptive strike. I seen something on the history channel and the north is defenitly agaist the United States,China could do something about this hole mess.

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Kim Jong Il is crazy...but not crazy to just launch a nuke. (unlike his Irainian counterpart Iamaidiot.)

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I'd really be surprised if the US attacked NK. NK has nothing that we want or need. It is in desperate financial straits.

NK has been prepareing for war for 60 years. It is riddled with tunnels. It makes its own artillary.
It has a well stocked militart.

So please explain to me what the benifit would be of the US attacking.

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I have to break up this topic because firstly. Why are we attacking N. Korea and Iran calling them crazy nuke shooters?

The fact is the USA and Israel are the one with the nukes. They are crazy enough to plot against their own people and go against the will of the UN. Who are teh real crazy people? We are living in their countries. The real crazy people are teh USA and Israel but guess what. Propaganda has taught you guys otherwise. To hate "islamofacists" there is no such thing as a islamofacist. muslims are peaceful people but they do retalitate when provoked.

They use false flag operations to provoke muslims and then blow them to smithereens. Is that right? does that make muslims crazy?

The real crazy people are YOU. you're support of our never ending war of terror is nothing but a support of terrorism sponsered by America.

[edit on 13-12-2006 by dunkindonuts]

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 05:47 AM
link   
so the muslims that did the French riots were........................?

oh and when Denamrk published those cartoons pictures......................

huh uh huh huh.......

posted on Dec, 15 2006 @ 11:31 AM
link   
If we put ourhead together I am shour that we can come up with a solution.

ape

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 04:38 AM
link   
we would have to nuke north korea, they have too much weaponry pointed at seoul that city would get bombarded like all hell I doubt the US is willing to sacrifice seoul and IM DAMN SURE SK wont, they have taken the soviet route with NK they are trying to collapse the pathetic non existant economy but china is keeping them alive.

basically nothing will happen, china will look towards it's future in world trade with other nations and growth and realise that Nk is a burdern in regards to chinese progress.

No IMO NK will not be attacked, Iran is more likley to be attacked by israel if they continue down the path they are going.

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 10:16 AM
link   
In my opinion;

If the U.S. decides to attack North Korea there wouldn't be anything left of North Korea. All we'd be doing is ridding that country from the globe.

Since 2000, the United States has incurred its largest bilateral trade deficit with China ($162 billion in 2004). In 2003, China replaced Mexico as the second largest source of imports for the United States (worth $196 billion in 2004). China’s share of U.S. imports was 13% in 2004, although this proportion still falls short of Japan’s 18% of the early 1990s. The United States is China’s largest overseas market and second largest source of foreign direct investment on a cumulative basis. In 2004, China replaced Germany and the United Kingdom to become the fourth largest market for U.S. goods.

China attacking the U.S. would not be very smart, and I think that they would only provide North Korea with economic support instead of stepping in and attempting to take the U.S. out.

[edit on 16-12-2006 by 1Crisis]

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 12:13 PM
link   

posted by 1Crisis

In my opinion; If the U.S. decides to attack North Korea there wouldn't be anything left of North Korea. The United States is China’s largest overseas market and second largest source of foreign direct investment on a cumulative basis. In 2004, China replaced Germany and the United Kingdom to become the fourth largest market for U.S. goods. China attacking the U.S. would not be very smart . . I think they [China] would only provide North Korea with economic support instead of stepping in and attempting to take the U.S. out. [Edited by Don W]

I agree. I do not know who is floating this dangerous idea about the United States pre-emptively striking either North Korea or China (and add Iran). I suppose it is natural since our own president and those around him glibly talk about the pre-emptive strike as a “right” of the American people as expressed through them. Is it demagoging propaganda, or is it better English to say propagandistic demagoguery?

The Army Chief of State said, for the first time publicly last week, that the US Army was “broken” which we all took to mean it is already stretched beyond what is prudent to do. This is exemplified by the short tours at home before being rotated back to Iraq or Afghan, depending on the speciality. When I was in the USAF in the 50s and 60s, many AFSCs did not rotate overseas for a full 4 year enlistment period. Volunteering for an overseas assignment meant a 6 to 12 month delay before the assignment would come through. That is not the case today. For family men (and women) frequently separated from spouse and children, this is potentially disastrous. I’ve said all that to say this, we do not have the necessary manpower to strike North Korea and all the more, to strike Iran. To even talk about stinking China is preposterous.

4 years ago the US had 38,000 men stationed in South Korea. I do not know and have not heard how many remain there today, after the drain on manpower in both Afghan and Iraq. North Korea occupies 45,000 square miles, close to Mississippi in size. NK has 23 million people per the CIA estimate for 2006. The GDP per person was set at $1,700 in 2005. South Korea OTOH has 37,200 square miles - a bit larger than Indiana - and has 49 million people. Their GDP per person is $22,600. I have posted elsewhere that SK is willing to bring NK into a united Korea as West Germany did for East Germany in the 1990s. Which, by the bye, is not over yet. I read the major block to that move is the 150,000 members of the DPRK Communist Party, and the 75,000 members of the Secret Police that enforce Kim Jong Il’s regime. South Korea does not want to set loose 225,000 people who would want to usurp the government or to stage a coup. Mao Zedong solved a similar potential problem with landowners when the Chi-Coms gained control of mainland China and collectivized the farms. A 7.65 mm bullet in the head. 3 million landowners no longer posed a potential issue. End of problem. But alas, today we are more humane.

Uh, one cautionary note, Mr 1C, the prevailing winds blow west to east in the Northern Hemisphere, so any a-bombs on NK will bring fallout to the US of A in 48-96 hours. Oh, there is no such thing as a “clean” a bomb.

[edit on 12/16/2006 by donwhite]

top topics

join