It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm old, need help on MP3 players

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 09:26 AM
link   
The other day I got a free MP3 player in an order, I had to order 50.00 worth of stuff to get it, but since I was ordering the stuff anyway as Christmas presents, I went ahead and got the MP3 player. Well it came with a tiny little cd but too big to go into the MP3 player, too small for my computer.

I know nothing about these things and now I am thinking of giving it as a gift, are these things good gifts? How does this work, where does the tiny cd go? I feel stupid asking these things but have no knowledge of new technology and no one young around me to explain. Help I'm old and I got an MP3 player! LOL

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Well since I dont know the model of the mp3 player I cant say if the cd goes into the mp3 player itself, but it most likely does go into your computer cd drive, now the question is what kind of cd drive so you have, there are several different styles, but I am guessing you have either this

(doesnt have to be a labtop, the cd drive looks the same)

or this

with the top one all you have to do is just put the cd in like any other, make sure its attatched the that rotating thing in the middle, with the bottom one all you have to do is put the mini cd in the divit area in the middle where it fits, if you have a different style cd drive just describe it to me and I will see how the cd would fit in.

also if you do plan to give the mp3 player as a present instead, yes, it does make a great gift.

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 11:04 AM
link   
You can put a small in diamter cd into a regular cd drive. Its probably the program that you need to install to be able to use the mp3 player.

You will have mp3s on your computer. You will connect the mp3 player to the computer. You will use the newly installed program to move copies of the songs onto the mp3 player. Then you can use the mp3 player.

What player is it?

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 11:04 AM
link   
You can put a small in diamter cd into a regular cd drive. Its probably the program that you need to install to be able to use the mp3 player.

You will have mp3s on your computer. You will connect the mp3 player to the computer. You will use the newly installed program to move copies of the songs onto the mp3 player. Then you can use the mp3 player.

What player is it?

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 01:07 PM
link   
if your computers OS is 2000+ it doesnt require a driver as the MP3 player is picked up as an external storage device which you can just copy and paste things into.

the only time you need a driver is when your OS is old

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Sorry I did not realize it mattered, the one I got is this one. I think my nephew will probably be getting it for his present from us.

www.officedepot.com...

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by goose
Sorry I did not realize it mattered, the one I got is this one. I think my nephew will probably be getting it for his present from us.

www.officedepot.com...

just use the USB and connect it to your pc/laptop and it will automaticaly detect it.

top topics

join