It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man vs Wild /Real or Real Fake?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 01:57 AM
link   
he is god, sure his crew might help with some stuff but he does most of his # on his own. guaranteed. hes a beast.
BEAR IS GOD

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by enjoies05

if you have dvr watch the climbing down the waterfall and his rope breaks right? play it in slow motion you see a black thin rope tied between the vines, you notice while everything else goes slack the black rope stays tight and then the camera freaks and hes in the water i believe hes fake. The southdakota episode is for sure. we dont have wild buffalo he would have found that he would have had to cross fences witch you can follow to a service road. and to go from the black hills to the grass lands and on there is an area only half a mile wide that doesn't have towns and what not the black hills are highly populated.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Edn

i love man vs wild, you sir are a #ing idiot

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Well in Survivorman I've seen the most unrealistic things ever...

In an episode where he is in a a snowed down forest, he finds a crashed PLANE...in the middle of no where.

If i get lost i will take his advice and try to find a small plane too, with all the stuff i need in it

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

He was recreating the scene of a plane crash, apparently that was too much for you to absorb, and I just watched a few minutes of Man vs Wild where he jumps in a river to float down with a flotation device (and if that does not sound ridiculous already) he walks out completely dry, hair, clothes, and all. Man vs Wild couldn't be more unrealistic and fake, it isn't about educational survival methods, it's about the thrill and shock of watching a moron run to safety (because he ironically knows where he is and does not feel exhaustion, oh and everyone has same amount of stamina), grab some food on the way while you're trying to catch your breath (because it's so easy and always around), and jump off cliffs (sure, nothing stupid about that), but make sure you have a crew right next to you with supplies, just in case. I'm not saying that Les does not have a safety harness, I'm asking what Bear's advice would be in a survival situation?

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 02:45 AM
link   
have they dropped him in Compton or Detroit Ghettos yet?

that'll quickly define it's authenticity.

-

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   
come on there is no way that survivor man is all alone. Your telling me that he carries all that equpiment with him all the time. And then on some shots he is walking out of a place or moving on, walks about 200 yards to set up 3 cameras, then walks back the 200 yrds, acts like he is just now moving for the shot, and then walks back to pick up the cameras? There is no way when he is tired from "surviving" that he does all that extra work having only having ate a few bugs and a frog. And this happens every show, numerous times. And in the everglades episode he is on his raft and there are shots of him being taking down the river at a fast pace and there are shots from land. So he does the repeted task but paddles back up stream to get his equpiment that he went down stream in the first place to set up? No way!! just watch and you will see what i am talking about. They are both great shows but go to bear's website, his offical, he is a bad ass no matter how extream his show is. My money is always on Man Vs Wild because he uses the extream survival. He even says only an experianced person should try this.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   
As they are both survival shows i don't think that its fair to say which one is better than the other. I feel that Survivorman is a little bit more real and Man vs. Wild is a little more scripted, that however doesn't take away from the fact that they are both put into dangerous situations and they survive in said situations.

And even though Bear does have a camera crew and support crew when he needs them, so does Les.

The "base camp" for Les is a few miles away and he has a radio that he keeps with him at all times. And Les has to report in at least once a day. I know this is because of safety, but I don't think it's fair to say that Survivorman is better or worse then Man vs. Wild.

They are both great shows and I enjoy watching both of them, well Man vs. Wild now since Survivorman got cancelled. That's my opinion on the whole thing.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by crgintx
I wish Ron Hood or Tom Brown would do a show instead of either of these guys.

i agree, but you have to think the star of these types of shows have to be able to demonstrate survival techniques and also be good on the camera. people like les stroud ruin this niche because they suck on camera and complain about carrying around his camera equipment. he acts like he was assigned this job, and it makes survivorman unwatchable.

bear demonstrates good "photogenic" skills, especially in this episode of man vs wild

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join