It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

nicole richie should be sent to jail

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Nicole Richie was going the wrong way on the 134 freeway when she was arrested this morning. Police reports indicate that she was high on Vicodin and pot, but hadn't been drinking, and the booking sheet has her at 5'1''/85 lbs.

www.gawker.com...

first she smokes some weed then she does some vicodin then she decides to drive a car.

NUFF SAID. send this druggie to prison.

agree or disagree and why?

[edit on 13-12-2006 by conspiracymaster]

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Jail the skinny cow with a big fat lezzer called Dave.

What is she anyway? Does anyone know? What is she? I don't know.

If I had 2 pints of beer and attempted to drive I would be fined, possibly jailed and have my liscense taken for 12 months as a minimum.

1 rule for me, 1 rule for the "how much will it cost to make this go away" brigade.

Remirah.

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by conspiracymaster

Nicole Richie was going the wrong way on the 134 freeway when she was arrested this morning. Police reports indicate that she was high on Vicodin and pot, but hadn't been drinking, and the booking sheet has her at 5'1''/85 lbs.

www.gawker.com...

first she smokes some weed then she does some vicodin then she decides to drive a car.

NUFF SAID. send this druggie to prison.

agree or disagree and why?

Strongly Disagree...

Nicole is ill and requires help; incarceration would only exasperate the situation.

I am only glad that the police stopped her before she did any harm to anyone including herself.

It is blatantly obvious that this among other events surrounding Nicole is a call for help.

Let's help her not bash her.

All the best,

NeoN HaZe.

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Neon Haze
Let's help her not bash her.

Exactly!

Sending her to prison will do what? Does the crimes she is guilty off, even carry a maximum punishment of a prison stay? On the first offense that is.

Why do we believe that prison is an appropriate punishment for every crime? What does it serve?

How would prison benefit Richie in this situation?

As a star, she would probably receive no sentence to begin with. And if she did, it would be in a facility that does not have a bar or fence for miles.

This woman needs some serious help. Why not, as a society, support the help of any individual who needs it? Why not rehabilitate over punishment? Persecution is not the answer to every crime.

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by chissler
Exactly!

Sending her to prison will do what? Does the crimes she is guilty off, even carry a maximum punishment of a prison stay? On the first offense that is.
How would prison benefit Richie in this situation?

This woman needs some serious help. Why not, as a society, support the help of any individual who needs it? Why not rehabilitate over punishment? Persecution is not the answer to every crime.

I am glad I was not the only one to see the truth in this situation.

All the best,

NeoN HaZe.

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 07:53 AM
link   
These are high profile people and they are millionaires. She has to keep up with Paris and Brittney, and i imagine the pressure is incredible. I imagine if you dont take part in the night life there, you are a nobody.

Maybe she should seek help and that would turn her in the right way. Its sad to hear someone's breakfast would consist of a Vicodan and pot. :shk:

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Seeing as how she's a prominent social figure for so many of America's young and impressionable youth - I say book her first, make her pay the penalties before giving her treatment.

We coddle spoilt brats like this too much - she needs a dose of harsh reality.

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 08:02 AM
link   
I have a wife, a premature baby, a mortgage, two car notes, and an elderly parent I have to fend for and make 35k a year... You want to talk about pressures... Try living on a working mans salary and not do retarded crap like this...

There is no excuse and she should at the very least get a DUIand a wreckless driving charge, with all the punishments involved. Who cares what her status is? She broke the law and should be charged accordingly.

::Grumble:: Damn hippies with the free love and she is sick mentality... She's not sick, she's weak. And if she had the talent to back up her fame she wouldn't have to worry about living the "night life". Ask the multitude of wonderful actresses who make a great living in Hollywood without having to put themselves out there like this.

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 08:03 AM
link   
She is guilty and deserves to be punished, I agree.

But throwing her in prison and tossing the key, is not the answer.

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Nicole does not need help, she needs a good dose of jail to teach her responsibility. She's a rich scumbag who thinks she can do what she wants and won't have to pay the consequences. Well, she should.

I wouldn't support any action against her for being high, because I support the legalization of drugs, but as far as driving the wrong way on the freeway she clearly endangered the lives of others through her irresponsibility, while high.

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Speaking as someone who was a drug/alcohol counselor for 15 years, I say she needs rehab. If you are sincere about wanting to get drunks (and users of other drugs) off the street and not driving, the best bet is rehab where she will learn about her disease and how to manage it. Jail will teach her nothing. This has been proven again and again and there are many statistics out there that prove this. Also, common sense should also tell you that treatment works better than jail. Not saying she shouldn't be fined, etc. but if she's in rehab and slips, she can then be sent to jail. That kind of threat has kept many an addict from slipping.

I lalways love to hear from the arm chair psychologists, who are so quick to judge another person while they know nothing about the person or their circumstances...NOT!

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Unfortunatley "rehab" is nevertaken seriously by the hard core party corwd. It gets reduced to a trival stay and conversational joke and is quickly forgotten.

She should serve her time. Once she knows she won't get away with a slap on the wrist, she might reconsider her actions.

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I am not sure how sensationalist this is. Reports have said a tiny amount of weed, a normal dose of vicodin. Other articles have screamed drug addict!
I think she is a sad individual with many personality problems. She is a victim of her upbringing and culture.
I won't drive with a dose of vicodin in me or a small glass of wine even but millions do!
If we believe numerous reports that say small amount of weed and a normal dose/amount of vicodin then she isn't an addict just a normal person per se. Many millions drive under the influence of prescribed drugs and many more again under the influence of weed.
What worries me far more is that she drove the wrong way up a highway, that is seriously dangerous driving. Her emaciation is also of more concern.

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 10:36 AM
link   
she was probly sleepy cause of the vic. pot wouldn't have impared her that bad, not as bad as liqour would have.

i save give her a hardcore fine, like tripple the amount for a regular person..and then let her go on her way. she's to rich to go to jail, or rehab. maybe throw in a month probabtion and 30 day licence suspension if ya wanna be an @$$ about it.

i mean she didn't have liqour in her system (apparently?), so it's not the same as a real drunk driving ticket..therefore she shouldn't be held up to the same penalities as a drunk driver should be.

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 11:11 AM
link   
DUI is driving under the influence of any mind altering substance. You can be given a DUI for driving on pot, vicodin, valium, any of the other prescribed drug, especially if you are driving in a manner which endangers yourself and others. Which I believe this definitely falls under.

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 12:08 PM
link   
That's pretty stupid. You can drive just fine when you're high on marijuana, unless you mix it with other stuff. But if you do something wrong when you're high, regardless of an addiction or a disease, you still have to pay the consequences.

If an alcoholic gets wasted and murders someone while under the influence, they're still accountable for murder. They should still receive life in prison, if not the death penalty, which probably wouldn't be appropriate in that case.

If a rich party girl acts irresponsibly, she doesn't deserve to be babied about it. She doesn't have a disease, and she knows it, but I'm sure she'll pretend anything to get off the hook.

I tend to doubt the actual severity of most addictions. Why, then, do some people become religious, and instantly give up drugs and alcohol based on a personal conviction? Or why do people smoke for fifty years and then never smoke another cigarette after the day they get diagnosed with lung cancer?

I'm not saying addictions aren't real, but addictions can be broken when something major happens. I'd say getting arrested for driving on the wrong side of the road is a pretty big deal, and if she's not smart enough to quit screwing around after that, no amount of rehab and counseling is going to cure her of her "disease" to make bad decisions.

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Hell yeah. Stick that parading, self-indulgent, crumbly piece of trash in jail and let her see how money doesn't save you.

I'm angry now.

Take that, you mess.

:bash:

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I would have to agree with forestlady on this one. Punishment does very little to address the problems of addiction and actually contributes to the vicious cycle of low self-esteem involved in the syndrome.

I too am sick of one set of laws for the wealthy and another set of laws for the average Joe. If she'd been a young black man, she'd probably have a broken rib and bond obligations.

But I would prefer to see both treated fairly by a system that criminalizes disease rather than one debased to the other's substandard treatment.

It sounds as if the poor girl is starving to death and her using may be more than recreational. The inertia of that problem alone is more punishment than many survive.

The recovery rate for addictions/alcoholism is 2% out of the 100% that succumb. That leaves 98% dying of the disease.

Also when lumped in with other addictive behaviours, eating disorders have a very high fatality rate.

She's already in hell, money doesn't buy happiness. Easier to cry in the back of a limo than on a street-corner. - I don't know, with all that money there's even more insulation from the reality that may permit her moment of clarity or a new perspective on her behaviour.

Jails don't help, they hurt. Not to mention the fact that the war on drugs is a war on the bill of rights. Time to deal with that problem more responsibly.

Driving under the influence is idiotic and people who do it, should lose the right to drive. Maybe that would wake them up.

[edit on 13-12-2006 by clearwater]

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Her "problems" are no excuse for driving the wrong way on the freeway. People could have easily been killed, because she wants to have a good time.

Stars and celebrities don't have any problems. Live is just peachy. Thier only problems are their inward self centeredness, and all the mental issues that come with being obsessd with themselves.

I say throw her in jail to snap her out of this 'oh poor me I only have 75 million dollars, an extreamly wealthy family and back up system in case I spend all my 75 million dollars sometime soon' Stars are retards who don't know S*** about real life. Her "problems" are miniscule to even the semi average person let alone average people.

I think it's pathetic that they want to pass off all their problems and resposibilities cause they are rich. It's not OK and society needs to put a stop to idolising people just cause they are mindless socialites and letting them get away with this crap.

People have drug problems and I don't think jail is the solution. But being a jackass who drives on the wrong way of the freeway should get you thrown in jail, a license suspension equal to that any other reckless driver or DUI would get. Community service that she actually physically has to do to develop at least an awareness that there is a whole other world out side her periphrial vision when she's looking in the proverbial mirror like narcissus all day, and night, and day, and night.

Don't these bozos ever grow up and get tired of being shallow jerks.

Also, I use the 134 freeway all the time. I don't want her crazy ass rocketing down the freeway going the wrong way. There is just no excuse for it. especially on the 134 which is easy to navigate with big signage everywhere letting you know what your driving orientation is.

Oh and by the way her buddy Lindsey Lohan just announced today that she hasen't had a drink in a whole 7 days although she's been visiting rehab for over 2 years now. Good for you Lindsey. what do you want a metal or something for doing what you're supposed to do.
Go crash your 135,000 dollar car at 70 MPH while driving down a small congested street at noon time into some poor hard working guy minding his own business. Oh and when your done can you have your celebrity pull try and convince everybody that blame lies on the other driver that would be great...oh wait you already did. Bimbo.

hey Nicole and Lindsey this look familiar to you guys::w:

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I'm with forestlady, too. I think she should get a DUI and pay whatever price that entails, but slamming her into prison is just so useless...

And... Sorry, but I can't believe how mean and judgmental some of you are...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join