It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ak-47 vs. M-16

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 06:54 PM
link   
since you guys are going with the ak74's variation im going back to the h&kg36

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 06:56 PM
link   
[Edited on 17-11-2003 by Russian]

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Some thing worth to be mentionned.

The reason why the NATO use the 5,56 x 45 MM is that these munitions are not made to kill the ennemy but to wound him. In most army, when one soldier get wounded, his pals will take him from the front line so he can be healed. This way you monopolise two or three soldiers, instead of only one...

Most people don't know that.

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Interesting ^^^! Thanks for the info.

So, I have posed my arguement and given info on both sides, from that...which is better

-wD

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeBDeviL
1,000 meters eh? Well, I don't know the AKS-74U's killing range, but I know it can be equipped with at least the following things:

- sniping stand
- scope (Anywhere from 2x - 18x..I believe)
- night vision
- laser pointing device
- Silencer (SD)
- Heavy Explosive Grenade Launcher (HEGL,and a Frag Grenade Launcher - M67, etc)
- Intended for close range (indoor, close ranged outdoor) combat.

The longer version, the AKS-74, has a bigger range, and can be equipped with all the same things as the 74U.
It has all of the equipment listed above plus these listed below:

- 5.65mm caliber bullets
- 1000 meter Killing range
- 1,350 sighting range
- 3,150 meter max flight range

Now, in all fairness, lets compare the M16A2 to this, shall we?

The M16A2 is the semiauto (3 shot burst) cousin of the fully auto M16. It is more accurate, and can be equipped with the following things:

- a M203 Frag Grenade Launcher + Smoke, flashbangs, and HE (40mm Grenades standard)

- scope (2x - 18x)
- night vision
- laser sighting device
- Muzzle compensator (Makes for more accurate firing - U.S. made.)
- NATO 5.56mm Bullets

Now, the MAX range on this piece of equipment IS longer than the AKS-74, but I don't know about the one you listed above.

- 3,600 MAX range
- 800 - 1,200 killing range
- 2,800 feet per second firing
- 30 Round magazine
- 39.63 inches in length. ( I believe this is shorter than the AKS series, please confirm.)

Hmm..well I guess at a longer range the AKS's would be better, but it all depends on situation,weather,mission, etc.

To be honest, if it we're a close range firefight, I would be up the faster, smaller, HK5 series, very small, fast, and effective. (HK5, HK5SD, and HK5K guns)

If it were a medium, I would probably pull out a AK / AKS series rifle, and if it were far I would probably use an M82A1A .50 Caliber Heavy Sniper Rifle.

-wD

I think that AKS-74U is better for close range then HK5.

AKS-74U is extremely reliabile and versatile, the weapon can be used in tight spaces. The weapon has a powerful cartridge. The 7.62x39 verision can use 75 round clips.

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 07:54 PM
link   
for close range i would use a bizon-2 with 62 rounds

or a pp-90M1

[Edited on 17-11-2003 by SectorGaza]

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by SectorGaza
for close range i would use a bizon-2 with 62 rounds

or a pp-90M1

[Edited on 17-11-2003 by SectorGaza]

These are not well known weapons.

They might not be that good for missions.

They might have been tested very good.

If they would be good weapons they would be used

alot.

Also please post specs about them.

Cause I dont think alot of people know about them.

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 07:59 PM
link   
for close range id go with a automatic 12 guage for sure..they make one that looks similar to the ak-74

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by sirCyco
for close range id go with a automatic 12 guage for sure..they make one that looks similar to the ak-74

I agree with the 12 gauge auto in a close range ROOM

combat!

Please post a pic of the 12 gauge that looks similiar to

ak-74.

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Saiga 12 (Russia)

Type: Semi-auto, gas operated, rotating bolt shotgun
Gauge: 12
Chamber: 76mm (3").
Length: 910/670mm (buttstock open/folded)
Weight: 3.5kg.
Barrel length: 430mm.
Capacity: 5 or 8 rounds in detachable box magazine

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 08:05 PM
link   
The M3 12 Gauge is a fully auto shotgun, hold down that trigger and let 'er rip, so to speak.

There ya go! BTW, that guy looks like Santa to me

-wD

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Saiga 12 (Russia)

Type: Semi-auto, gas operated, rotating bolt shotgun
Chamber: 76mm (3").
Length: 910/670mm (buttstock open/folded)
Weight: 3.5kg.
Barrel length: 430mm.
Capacity: 5 or 8 rounds in detachable box magazine

# that is a beutiful weapon!

*durl*

Whats is range?

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 08:07 PM
link   

The M3 12 Gauge is a fully auto shotgun, hold down that trigger and let 'er rip, so to speak.

There ya go! BTW, that guy looks like Santa to me

-wD

Is that you!?

J/K

Thats a beuty I love auto shotguns!

they really can DO SOME DAMAGE IN CLOSE RANGE TO A

PERSON!!!

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 08:12 PM
link   
the m3 is not fully automatic...it is a pump..as you can see the slide... but it is also a semi auto,,just pull the trigger each time you want to fire..

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 09:14 PM
link   
There is a pump on it yes, as you can switch from single fire to fully auto. I have researched this, and it is fully automatic, I assure you. Please contradict me with info, because I love to learn

-wD

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 09:14 PM
link   

the m3 is not fully automatic...it is a pump..as you can see the slide... but it is also a semi auto,,just pull the trigger each time you want to fire..

oops sorry.

Damn I should have looked!

Anyway what do you people think is the best sniper?

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 09:16 PM
link   

There is a pump on it yes, as you can switch from single fire to fully auto. I have researched this, and it is fully automatic, I assure you. Please contradict me with info, because I love to learn

-wD

HK-Benelli M3 90 12-gauge with 8-shell capacity, it's a semi-automatic Shotgun with the Pump Option available by flicking up a switch, it's an excellent Shotgun except for it's High Price, (you could buy 2 or 3 of the regular pump shotguns for the price of one of these babies) 12-gauge with 8-shell capacity, it's a semi-automatic Shotgun with the Pump Option available by flicking up a switch, it's an excellent Shotgun except for it's High Price, (you could buy 2 or 3 of the regular pump shotguns for the price of one of these babies)

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 09:18 PM
link   

-wD

Benelli M3 Super 90 (Italy)[is this the same gun we are talking about]

Type: selective pump-action or semi-auto recoil inertia operated
Length: 1040-1200mm
Barrel length: 500-660 mm.
Weight 3.2-3.5 kg
Capacity: 8 rounds in underbarrel tube magazine

The Benelli M3 is an updated version of the Benelli M1 shotgun. M3 uses same inertia recoil semi-automatic system as earlier Benelli M1, but with addition of the another Benelli patented feature, which allows to the shooter to lock the semi-automatic action and switch to the manually operated pump-action mode and back in the matter of seconds. The action type switch is located at the forward end of the forearm, and is formed as an annular knurled ring. Rotation of this ring either engages the action rods of the pump system and locks the semi-automatic recoil system, or disengages the action bars, locks the forearm and allows the inertia recoil system to operate the action automatically

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Yeah, its the Bennelli, so your saying that its Semi-Auto and not full auto? But I have read somewhere than its one of those things, with only 8 shots, sure, but you hold down the trigger and theres no pumping involved. Unless we are trying to say the same thing and are just misunderstanding eachother lol.

Im trying to get through you hold down the trigger and there is no pump action involved..is this what you mean by semi-auto?

-wD

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Specifications

Caliber: .50 BMG (12.7 X 99mm)
Chamber: Chambered for commercial and MATCH ammunition
Operation: Semi-Automatic - Short Recoil Cycle
Barrel Length: 29 inches (73.67 cm)
Rifling Twist: 1 turn in 15 inches (38.1 cm)
Rifle Weigh:t 28.5 pounds (12.9kg)
Overall Length: 57 inches (144.78 cm)
Disassembled Length: 38 inches (96.52 cm)

The Barrett Model 82A1 rifle gained worldwide popularity after pioneering the return of shoulder fired big-bore rifles for shooting enthusiasts. As a result of its unique operating cycle, the M82A1 easily fires the largest commercially available cartridge in the world, the .50 caliber. Yet, the Barrett M82A1 develops the lowest recoil force of any comparable rifle.
The M82A1 operates on the short-recoil principle. Founder Ronnie Barrett adapted this operating principle to a shoulder fired rifle. The recoiling barrel and bolt assembly acting against innovative spring and buffer assemblies replace the sharp recoil impact with a longer-acting lower recoil force. To further reduce the recoil load, the M82A1 is fitted with a dual chamber muzzle brake. The muzzle brake redirects high velocity gun gas to lower recoil by almost 70%. The net effect is a rifle with the felt recoil of a 12-gauge shotgun.

With these time-proven methods and innovative designs, the Barrett M82A1 offers safety, rugged durability, and reliability to the big-bore enthusiast.

Thats the best Sniper out there!

Sorry cant make the image work.

[Edited on 17-11-2003 by Russian]

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join