It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Schizophrenia

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Ah, thankyou for your input.

There's something else I wanted to say which I just remembered. When I get into the kindof "zone" where the voices seem to occur. I noticed that I'll be drawn to a certain area.

My consciousness will shift to like a coffee cup, I look at it and it falls.....anyone know if this is anything? I've been reading up. People with a disease like mine in shamanic culture, are taken at the onset to become shamans. They believe they are a window into the world of spirits. The goal is to have one foot on earth and the other in the spiritual world. Which as some of you may noticed is what I am. That seems to be the case with group 1/2.

I also have seen auras since the paledrome and "energy" in the air.

P.S. So this question doesn't get lost in the mix:

Does anyone think that prophets, god men, etc. had schizophrenia?

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Great Post...I just found it.

My younger brother now 36 was finally diagnosed as paranoid schizophrenic, manic depressive.

He rarely leaves his apartment and sadly I haven't been able to get him on the phone for more than a few seconds before he's nearly in tears wanting to get off.

He didn't get diagnosed until about 23 or 24...he was already alcoholic by then and a regular drug user.

Once he started his medication (after several trials and errors) he was able to quit the booze and drugs.

He is functionally illiterate and cannot perform simple maths but can he draw!!! Not just creepy stuff...but really beautiful things...

I mention this because to hear him verbalize his thoughts...you'd NEVER suspect that there would be any such beauty in his mind at all...very dark and sad.

I've always wondered where this beauty comes from that he draws...anything from angels, to scenery of places that look like they are from photographs...specific details and things. He doesn't know where they come from himself, he seems to almost detach from them...like they aren't even his.

Makes me wonder...

Thanks for the thread and the great ideas being generated

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Since schizophrenia-like symptoms are easily created in "normal" people by '___', psilocin, and probably a lot of other chemicals, I would probably say it's most likely a chemical imbalance in the brain, not anything paranormal.

Still, the exact mechanism on how '___' works is not well understood, so I guess theoretically that could be paranormal as well. But I think it rules out the idea that people suffering from schizophrenia are some type of evolution or more well connected to another dimension or reality than anyone else can be.

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 12:05 AM
link   
True....I find it hard to believe though simply BECAUSE of the disease. If we knew what caused schizophrenia and the reactions from '___' use better. Then that would be a different matter. Thanks for replying

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arm Of Geddon
Jack, You seem to have studied this area more. In most cases, do the voices speak in first, second, or third person?

1st: I am reading ATS.
2nd: You are reading ATS.
3rd: He is reading ATS.

And Dracotic, which do your voices use?

In most cases, as already stated, the voices tend to 'speak' in second person.
And yes, marijuana may act as a catalyst for the disorder as it produces a high caused which can increas your dopamine levels, which in turn produces schizophrenic effects. (oh, and when I used to smoke I also got that 'super-hearing' as well as having my vision seemingly enhanced, a few friends did too.)

Below is my thoughts, inspired by what I have learnt and not my opinion. If something causes offence to you in any way, it is not what I think but what I have learnt.

Dracotic, while it may be commonplace to believe the voices are in some way prophetic, it could also be the beginning signs of paranoid schizophrenia (delusions of grandeur). Your thoughts on whether gods or prophets had SCHZ also sound as if you are beginning to delve down that road.
It is also difficult to tell whether or not 'shamans' and such are schizophrenic because international classifications of the disease differ. People who believe schizophrenia is a sort of gift from god are usually considered paranoid schizophrenics.

One theory on the cause of SCHZ, and the one I believe is most likely, is that it is caused by an over-excess of dopamine within the brain, as well as dopamine receptors.
Amphetamines produce a surge of dopamine in the brain, and studies have been conducted on those who abuse the chemical.
People who overdose on amphetamines (and consequently have extremely high dopamine levels) have been observed displaying symptoms which are schizophrenic.
Conversely, some schizophrenics can be treated with phenothiazines, which inhibit the production of dopamin in the brain.

Feel free to U2U if you want to, as I haven't been checking the site much lately.

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dracotic
Ah, thankyou for your input.

There's something else I wanted to say which I just remembered. When I get into the kindof "zone" where the voices seem to occur. I noticed that I'll be drawn to a certain area.

My consciousness will shift to like a coffee cup, I look at it and it falls.....anyone know if this is anything? I've been reading up. People with a disease like mine in shamanic culture, are taken at the onset to become shamans. They believe they are a window into the world of spirits. The goal is to have one foot on earth and the other in the spiritual world. Which as some of you may noticed is what I am. That seems to be the case with group 1/2.

I also have seen auras since the paledrome and "energy" in the air.

P.S. So this question doesn't get lost in the mix:

Does anyone think that prophets, god men, etc. had schizophrenia?

Yes, I think some of them had strange brain chemistry.

Drug use is a natural appetite, like thirst and hunger, to alter one's consciousness. We see that same appetite expressed by adrenalin sports, shopping, sexual activity - a great deal of it is simply a desire to alter consciousness.

Jung defined the alcoholic as one seeking communion with rapture (for lack of a better term) What is found in alcoholism is a double edged sword. The alcohol will provide a euphoria for alcoholics that is not generally experienced by non-alchoholic body chemistry. And then once this rapture is identified - there is an inability to process the chemical combined with the addictive nature of alcohol. This becomes an obsessive and compulsive need to reexperience the rapture with more and more destructive effects.

So people with altered consciousness as a result of funky brain chemistry would have been very attractive to ancients not suffering the same provincial judgements our drug laws have enforced in order to establish social order. Drug laws are always legislated when an underclass begins to grow rich off a drug.

Drugs are an easier softer way to alter consciousness and establish communion with a greater reality. The best way is simply meditation and a discipline of honest compassionate living.

One does not need to be schizophrenic to have a psychotic reaction to drug use. Where '___', psilocybin and the other chemicals are obvious culprits, alchohol and enough pot to choke a horse for long enough will do the same. lol What I find really hypocritical is the addictive quality of alcohol and its much more toxic social effects are underplayed, while marijuana which is not physically addictive, and whose psychotic effects are far less common and harder to come by is demonized.

But I do agree Dracotic that probably some of the prophets, shamans and god men of old would today be classified schizophrenic.

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 10:57 AM
link   

I've only caught them on occasion and they don't persist. Even if they did, I would handle it on my own. These so called professionals are still living in Freudian Bubbles. I can psychoanalyze circles around any of them.

Peronaly I dont live in any bubble. I am actually a Pagan and do most things holisticly. I have a cousin that suffers schizophrenia, one day everything is cool, then I get an email that is all caps and he is ranting. Usually about off the wall stuff, he is intelligent but crazy. Sometimes its hard to tell if someone is crazy of not, especially if you are analysing yourself. Not speeking to you personaly.

No offence to you friend this is coming from my heart. Aliens are not from another planet or solar system or galaxy. They are here, always have been always will be. It is our interpition of somehting our Five senses cannot fathom, I know I practice the dark arts and am an intuitive. They have been mistaken for Fairies and dragons in the past, and airships in the 1800's and everything in between. They are not taking us over through nano technology and you should think about not trying to sell your paraniod delusions to unsuspecting others.

Just some words of advice.

Edit to add: Most of your mind is for picking up more important things like your connection to the other side of th viel and each other, not electronic signals. We are much more than that. Ninty percent of our brain is the super-concience, or as you would say the sub-concience. We do not interface with technology. We inteface with each other and the silver thread connects us all and to God/Goddess/Source/The Force
whatever you want to call it.

If I told you a story of three female black cats that came to my life last year, then the three of cups that arrived this year at the same exact time of the year one year apart, you would understand what I am saying from a more positive point of view. So many different things that I am in tune with but it is like explaining something to someone in a different language if they do not understand, or have not fully experienced the divine the way I do. Everyone is at a different vibrational state. Even I need a good cleansing every one and a while!

I used to be very material for explaining the world to myself. I used to think just like you in fact. You need to look to the esoteric, and not the material explanation. Most of all show some love. For in the battle of good vs. evil, Love is always the victor.

Peace

Edit again, I just had an epithany:

"Green Monday" a mix up of u2u's.

When would that be 11/27/2006?

I feel so much better about myself. I knew something was fubar. I cant believe someone that drew first blood would let an American hero take the bag. Heres to you babe, remember how we used to say WOW a lot?

[edit on 14-12-2006 by LoneGunMan]

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by LoneGunMan

I've only caught them on occasion and they don't persist. Even if they did, I would handle it on my own. These so called professionals are still living in Freudian Bubbles. I can psychoanalyze circles around any of them.

Peronaly I dont live in any bubble.
Are you a psychiatrist? If not, then I wasn't speaking to you.

I am actually a Pagan and do most things holisticly.
The key is balance. Balance is not brought by getting rid of one thing in place of another.

I have a cousin that suffers schizophrenia, one day everything is cool, then I get an email that is all caps and he is ranting. Usuasly about off the wall stuff, he is intelligent but crazy.
WHAT DID THE RABBIT HAVE TO DO WITH THE YELLOW MOON ON SUNDAY!

Sometimes its hard to tell if someone is crazy of not, especially if you are analysing yourself.
Need a mirror?

Not speeking to you personaly.
Whatever you say.

No offence to you friend this is coming from my heart.
There is no need to cover up your motives for directly attacking me. You have shown yourself already.

Aliens are not from another planet or solar system or galaxy.
Oh, so no life exists outside this planet huh?

They are here, always have been always will be.
If you didn't act from your ego and bothered to read more than just a few of my posts you would know I've said the exact same thing.

It is our interpition of somehting our Five senses cannot fathom, I know I practice the dark arts and am an intuitive. They have been mistaken for Fairies and dragons in the past, and airships in the 1800's and everything in between.
You really don't get it do you? I try not to post for my sake or to pump up my ego as some seem to. I post for the sake of others. If I need to cross lines people have drawn to make a point that might assist someone then I will. I'm not stuck in one perspective be that purely material or purely magik. I don't feel it necessary to define myself by certain parameters and then hold everyone else to my definition.

They are not taking us over through nano technology and you should think about not trying to sell your paraniod delusions to unsuspecting others.

Just some words of advice.
You should think about doing some research before you start handing out your uneducated advice to others.

Link I
Link II
Link III

There are litterally millions of links. Hundreds of thousands of documents. Seriously, instead of trying to analyze me to pump your ego up do some research. Read some official documents. You are showing your ignorance.

And since you feel like getting personal, fine. If you want to hook up with a woman learn to be yourself. Women can see through the false faces you put on to make yourself feel better about yourself. Get rid of the ego and act from your true nature. Seek to understand others instead of trying to ridicule to make yourself look better.

Edit to add: Most of your mind is for picking up more important things like your connection to the other side and each other, not electronic signals.
That wasn't the point. The point is the mind "may" be able to pick up electronic signals. The mind has infinite potential. It's not just for this and not that. It's for everything. You're selective arguments against my points are moot. Just because a post is talking about elephants doesn't mean the person doesn't know about lions. Your arguments are thus flawed.

We are much more than that. Ninty percent of our brain is the super-concience, or as you would say the sub-concience. We do not interface with technology. We inteface with each other and the silver thread connects us all and to God/Goddess/Source/The Force
whatever you want to call it.
There you go again. Technology is just as much a part of "The All" as anything else. And yes, we do interface with it. You are interfacing with it right now by reading this. Do you think it's wise to block out pieces of God that 'you' don't necessarily agree with? Or would it be wise to accept all of God for what it is?

If I told you a story of three female black cats that came to my life last year, then the three of cups that arrived this year at the same exact time of the year one year apart, you would understand. what I am saying. So many different things that I am in tune with but it is like explaining something to someone in a different language if they do not understand, or have not fully experienced the divine the way I do. Everyone is at a different vibrational state.
Don't attempt to subtely pass judgement on another especially when that person has said the same thing before. It just makes you look foolish. Again, just because someone is talking about elephants doesn't mean they don't know about lions.

I used to be very material for explaining the world to myself. I used to think just like you in fact. You need to look to the esoteric, and not the material explanation.
You obviously have no clue how I think. You took a couple posts and decided you vibrated higher than me. Look, I've moved beyond the esoteric. I've touched infinity. The esoteric is fine for those that haven't done it before. It's a wonderful level to experience no doubt. But it's still in the physical universe. The physical universe (matter/energy) doesn't interest me. I find it excruciatingly boring. I'm here to assist when asked. If that means talking about technology or the NWO or the the beauty of oceanic life, then so be it.

Mot of all show some love.
Love is acceptance, understanding, and appreciation. How can you possibly end on that when you showed none of those things towards me?

Peace
It starts with being at peace with yourself.

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Well I didnt mean to insult you guy. It was all good advice and actuallyy I am very well educaded on what you are talking about. The technology is not to that level yet, even the black ops.

There is a storm coming friend, you need to concentrate on learning to swim.

I'll see you in Arizona Bay!

No hard feelings, just love I dont mean to be so blunt, just my protective side.

Notice no words on Green Mondays...:shk: Good luck and I will say it again.

Peace

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 02:19 PM
link   

I used to be very material for explaining the world to myself. I used to think just like you in fact. You need to look to the esoteric, and not the material explanation.
You obviously have no clue how I think. You took a couple posts and decided you vibrated higher than me. Look, I've moved beyond the esoteric. I've touched infinity. The esoteric is fine for those that haven't done it before. It's a wonderful level to experience no doubt. But it's still in the physical universe. The physical universe (matter/energy) doesn't interest me. I find it excruciatingly boring. I'm here to assist when asked. If that means talking about technology or the NWO or the the beauty of oceanic life, then so be it.

You touched infinity? What does that feel like?I am sure if you touched it you can tell us what its like!

The NWO is a failed proposition. The light will overcome the darkness. We are energy, the source is energy. You said the Esoteric is fine for those that haven't done it before. Well son you have no clue who you are dealing with.

My name is Brian, whats yours?

There is plenty of loving light to share with everyone. Dont be so angry.

To show I have no hard feelings, here is an avatar I made for you.

Feels like a Green monday.

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Thanks for the posts so far!

AOG, lol, a bit short fused. I am too though. I understand though, I have emotional problems.

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Thanks for the posts so far!

AOG, lol, a bit short fused. I am too though. I understand though, I have emotional problems.

What you have witnessed was a Magician performing a coming out spell. I wanted our friend to show who he is hiding. I hope he doesnt have that short a fuse with woman. :shk:

Jut to say sorry these are the only ones I can edit, the others are past that time period. I tried to do as you requested "dear".

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Nah, he knows why I posted that. He's trying to take the high road now. Look at his first post on this thread. He came here talking directly to me when this thread has nothing to do with me.

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Possibly.....but you guys are doing great.

Back on topic, plz...

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 03:24 PM
link   

People with a disease like mine in shamanic culture, are taken at the onset to become shamans. They believe they are a window into the world of spirits. The goal is to have one foot on earth and the other in the spiritual world.

Interesting you've tuned into this as well.

I was diagnosed with schizoaffective disorder in 1998, and have been studying the Shamanic ritual and role in society for quite some time.

If you would like to discuss this further and more privately, please let me know.

(BTW - I've sent you a U2U.)

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Yea, I just got your u2u. I responded. I too have an interest in that. It would be cool if some people could list more sources revolving around the shamanic perspective.

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Also would anyone be interested if I wrote a book about my theories and life with schizophrenia?

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 07:54 PM
link   
In my opinion, you are hearing other people. You may be more attuned to yourself and your surroundings. Caution is necessary because if the powers that be find out they will target you. Either for their use or misuse. Imagine if you were able to hear the president in a private meeting, or a nut planning to blow up a building. If you hear them the chances are great that they may hear you also, kind of like a telephone only a mental one. Do not answer them.

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I would, without a doubt.

Personal persepectives are very interesting for me - and I'm sure they would be for other who share this disorder as well.

It reaffirms we are not alone in our battles, and may provide answers to questions we can't find in society and psychological resources.

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Well I'd like to make whatever I write into an independent film.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join