It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghost fires...pyrokinesis?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 10:28 PM
link   
A few nights ago I stayed at my friend's house. He and my boyfriend were to go pick up some guy and I decided to stay there. I was alone, mind you, and I do have a fear of being alone in houses, but I figured I could handle it.

About 5 minutes after they left I built a fire in their wood stove. I realized I didn't have a lighter or match so I decided to wait for the others to come home since I knew they would have one.

I went into the bathroom to work on my hair. After a couple minutes of being in there, I heard some crackling. I knew right away that it was a fire and, despite the chance that the fire may not be contained in the stove, I froze with fear.

How would a fire start itself? I knew the stove was cold and hadn't been used for some time since I had been there for several days before and there wasn't any heat coming from it when I built the fire. I knew the others weren't back yet because I heard their extremely loud car leave and never heard it return (which I would have). I knew there was no one else there.

I stayed in the bathroom freaked out until I heard their car return. At about that same point I heard a creak from the bedroom next to the bathroom...like someone jumped into the bed. I came out and saw the fire which, judging by the amount burned, had been going about since I went into the bathroom.

We looked around the house for, you know, an intruder or something, but no one was there.

Does anyone have any ideas or explanations?

posted on Dec, 18 2006 @ 06:03 PM
link   
It could be a ghost, or it could be some perfectly natural exclaimation lie always. Turns out it was just a burgler that snuck in! Wait...that's a bad thing...AUGH!! Anywho, pyrokiesis is a rare experience these days. I suggest you continue to moniter this a little more.

Thank You,
Dragonoligist Zac

posted on Dec, 19 2006 @ 12:32 AM
link   
About 7 years ago (I guess I would have been about 15 at the time) my mom and I were watching a movie late on the weekend, we went to walk the dog for his bed time boo boo, we came back and 4 candles were lit on the coffee table when we came back. The house was locked up while we were gone. (Needless to say much baseball bat at the ready and doors flying open ensued.)

Closest thing to pyrokinesis in the since you are talking about that I know of. I am not entirely sure I believe in the premise, but that event definitely made me think.

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I think that possibly pyrokinesis has been sighted latley. I've heard that there was this house, that was on fire, then it was rebuilt. A person lived in it, and a fire sprouted again. It was rebuilt, then after he went into the woods near his house for 2 minutes, turned his back, it was on fire without a sound made. They just left it behind and never rebuilt. It was likes the people who died in the "fire" wanted to keep it burnt. I think it might be an urban legend though.
We shall never know...!?

new topics

top topics

join