It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why hate Jews? Good question...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Okay I hope this is in the right forum considering it is meant for educating people's understanding of why people hate the Jews.

Okay first off I will be honest in stating that I don't hate anybody, though I will admit that I have been pursuaded by historucal events to cast an unfair light on the Jewish culture on occasion. I also find myself frustrated over the trigger-happy accusations of anti-semite when one is questioning the Israeli regime. This has motivated me to try and underastand what is keeping this subject fresh in people's minds.

Let me start at the beginning...

Speaking of the fertile land of Sumar. This tumultuous place is where Jewish history begins -- at the bottom of the Tigris and Euphrates Rivers, in the cradle of civilization. This was the logical place for civilization to begin in terms of the development of agriculture and culture. And it's also a logical place for Abraham to appear, because if it is Abraham's destiny to change the world, he has to be at the center of civilization. If he were born an Eskimo or a Native American, all of human history would have been different. So our story begins in Ancient Mesopotamia and from here Abraham's journey begins.

Here we are starting out in the mecca (pardon the pun) of modern civilization. So how did this spite begin? Genesis wraps it up elegantly here...

If there is an explicit Biblical explanation for this animosity, it goes all the way back to Abraham. The Jews are descendants of Abraham’s son Isaac. The Arabs are descendants of Abraham’s son Ishmael. With Ishmael being the son of a slave woman (Genesis 16:1-16) and Isaac being the promised son who would inherit the promises to Abraham (Genesis 21:1-3), obviously there would be some animosity between the two sons. As a result of Ishmael mocking Isaac (Genesis 21:9), Sarah talked Abraham into sending Hagar and Ishmael away (Genesis 21:11-21). Likely this caused even more contempt in Ishmael’s heart towards Isaac. An angel even prophesied to Hagar that Ishmael would “live in hostility toward all his brothers” (Genesis 16:11-12).

Okay, so this is a proper reasoning why the arabs and israelites hated eachother from my point of view (though it eventually gets more complex).

Historians have classified six explanations as to why people hate the Jews:

Economic -- "We hate Jews because they possess too much wealth and power."
Chosen People -- "We hate Jews because they arrogantly claim that they are the chosen people."
Scapegoat -- "Jews are a convenient group to single out and blame for our troubles."
Deicide -- "We hate Jews because they killed Jesus."
Outsiders, -- "We hate Jews because they are different than us." (The dislike of the unlike.)
Racial Theory -- "We hate Jews because they are an inferior race."

Personally I don't buy any one of these as the true answer. I find these to be excuses of anti-sematism. I believe it to be a factor of many different ideas.

Economic -- The Jews of 17th- 20th century Poland and Russia were dirt poor, had no influence and yet they were hated.

Chosen People -- a) In the late 19th century, the Jews of Germany denied "Choseness." And then they worked on assimilation. Yet, the holocaust started there. b) Christians and Moslems profess to being the "Chosen people," yet, the world and the anti-Semites tolerate them.

Scapegoat -- Any group must already be hated to be an effective scapegoat. The Scapegoat Theory does not then cause anti-Semitism. Rather, anti-Semitism is what makes the Jews a convenient scapegoat target. Hitler's ranting and ravings would not be taken seriously if he said, "It's the bicycle riders and the midgets who are destroying our society."

Deicide -- a) the Christian Bible says the Romans killed Jesus, though Jews are mentioned as accomplices (claims that Jews killed Jesus came several hundred years later). How come the accomplices are persecuted and there isn't an anti-Roman movement through history? b) Jesus himself said, "Forgive them [i.e., the Jews], for they know not what they do." The Second Vatican Council in 1963 officially exonerated the Jews as the killers of Jesus. Neither statement of Christian belief lessened anti-Semitism.

Outsiders -- With the Enlightenment in the late 18th century, many Jews rushed to assimilate. Anti-Semitism should have stopped. Instead, for example, with the Nazis came the cry, in essence: "We hate you, not because you're different, but because you're trying to become like us! We cannot allow you to infect the Aryan race with your inferior genes."

Racial Theory -- The overriding problem with this theory is that it is self-contradictory: Jews are not a race. Anyone can become a Jew - and members of every race, creed and color in the world have done so at one time or another.

"The uniqueness of anti-Semitism lies in the fact that no other people in the world have ever been charged simultaneously with alienation from society and with cosmopolitanism, with being capitalistic exploiters and also revolutionary communist advocators. The Jews were accused of having an imperious mentality, at the same time they're a people of the book. They're accused of being militant aggressors, at the same time as being cowardly pacifists. With being a Chosen people, and also having an inferior human nature. With both arrogance and timidity. With both extreme individualism and community adherence. With being guilty of the crucifixion of Jesus and at the same time held to account for the invention of christianity."

- A speech about the irrationality of anti-Semitism
by professor Michael Curtis, of Rutgers University, 1987

What lies behind these millennia of hatred? Why has the undercurrent of anti-Semitism bubbled and boiled and exploded against Jews everywhere, time and again throughout history? This is the real question. You can have people from all over the world hate jewish people for many different reasons. But not one reason is arguable. Of course Jewish people have committed wrong-doings, but hasn't all forms of society?

The Jewish race gave us religion. Half the people on Earth believe in the BIBLE. That means that 3 billion people have knowledge of the uncertaintie behind their belief systems. We can find Jews that hate israel. We can find muslims that love jews. We can find christians that hate Jews, and vice versa. There isn't any guidelines to this, because there are zero guidelines to hate. Hate is a disease of the soul. It can devour a rational person. The scary part is, that hate works both ways. It also effects the person you are hating. So the jews have been persecuted for years, it is almost embedded in their DNA to survive. They are most intune with their existence than most, because their existence has been threatened more than most.

Check out this link for a Jew persecution timeleine. Link

So a reactionary evolution to their race is inevitable. Now, once this rage has been inflicted upon them, they are now forced to react. Their reactions have been through MONEY, POWER, INTELLIGENCE, FAITH, MILITARY OFFENSES, etc.

Now what happens it that they now are starting to live up to their persecutions by acts that allow the world to justify their hatred of them. Is this fair? No. Is it inevitable? Yes I believe.

I will give an analgy to try and extract my point of this thread. Most of the world hates snakes (except for some crazys, :lol
Why? Well the bible says that evil incarnated the snake to reak havoc on the garden of eden. Has this implanted a perpetual fear into our DNA? maybe so. Since the beginnining of religious history Jews have been persuctued, Israel was wiped off the map by King Titus, and he himself made it trendy to persecute jews. Jews have been expelled from dozens of countries throughout history and I believe the Jewish culture has been transforned into a enigma of hate. Why?

Here is my conclusions... People are destined to hate. Hate is animal. Territorial. Primitive instincts. We hate what is different. Take football teams. I hate the Steelers and all Steelers fans. Why? Because I'm a Bengals! Who Dey!

I believe that this competitive hatred is embedded in us, from our animal insticts, from our confusion of History, from our discontent from unrelatable Jewish actions, to our very religious doctrines. Oh, and killing Jesus and denying his devinity is the cherry to most people. The truth is that this will never go away. Now until humans evolve out of their ingnorant ways, and understand where the hate comes from.

I also think that the Jewsish race doesn't take the precautions to eliminate their persona enough. They teach from an early age that they are hated, and anti-sematic people are everywhere, and they better watch out. This only fuels the fire.

In closing, I want to be very clear that hatred is who is at fault. And until people (all sides) can stop and think, and judge each man according to their merit and charactor, this hate will only get worse. I personally fear for the future of this hate.

To my jewish friends out there. I respect you. This is my effort to rise above such preconcieved notions and learn to love in the face of hate. I hope it is recipricated by all.

AAC

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I applaud you for doing more research about history of the Jewish people even more so than I have ever done/learned in school.

Another point I would like to add is that Judaism is a religion, not a race. Unfortunately, people have been conditioned to associate Jews as a race.
Anyone can be Jewish, just like anyone can convert to Christianity and Islam.

When people say they hate Jews, it's the same as saying 'I hate muslims or I hate christians or I hate buddhists', however, you don't hear anyone say that except about the Jews...

ie. I was born in Israel, and I would be considered an Israeli citizen... Now I live in Canada, and I am a Canadian Citizen. Also, I'm not a religious person, so I don't consider myself of any faith, I just believe in god. Despite that, I am still referred to as a Jew, who is rich (yeah right, I wish), controlling the world and media from my 1 bdrm condo and driving my little Kia to work.

Just my 2 Cents.

EDIT - Spelling

EDIT - Regarding hate, you're right, hate is taught, from birth. My parents are not very fond of arabs and blacks. Despite that, I have no problems with any individual, I just treat each one as a person, rather than judge them by their beliefs/religion/skin color.

[edit on 5-1-2007 by quintar]

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Bravo! Certainly an intriguing amount of research has gone into that.

As a sporadically-practicing Jew I must say I'm astonished. But thank you. And well done!

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Only two (Jewish) people have responded to this. I thank you for your kind words, yet I'd like to hear from the other side of the coin as well. If you comment it makes it harder to sweep this thread under the carpet of obscurity...

AAC

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Right, I think the only reason Jews are actually hated is this:

They are different.

Ask a kid in highschool, kids make Jew jokes all the time trut me, I think I have heard them all by now. Ask a kid what he actually knows about Jews. Nothing. Surprise surprise right? Jews are different, they don't flaunt their religion like Christians do and so they remain misunderstood. So in Europe you have ALOT of christians, and you know how Christians are, ecpecially in old Europe. They killed and hated for any reason, how many women died in the witch hunts? Is it any surprise then that a minority population that was different and misunderstood was attacked, prosecuted, it shouldn't be.

That stigma has followed them down in history, always a minority, always disperse, always easy to pick on. Your six reasons have absolutly nothing to do with it, sorry, it is simply they are different and old grudges take an awful long time to die, especially feuled by Christian bigots and the ignorant masses.

IMHO

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
Your six reasons have absolutly nothing to do with it, sorry, it is simply they are different and old grudges take an awful long time to die, especially feuled by Christian bigots and the ignorant masses.

While I agree that people hate what is different, this generalization isn't sufficient when discerning the many different reasons for anti-semitism. BTW, those six reasons weren't meant to define all the forms, just many popular ones from the people that lack most of the history.

I was raised in ohio but I don't remember many jewish jokes (not saying they aren't there), but I know people's knowledge of jewish culture is limited there.

That said, just being different cannot be ascribed to the vast hate and persecution that history has reminded us. There are reasons for everything, no matter how mundane they may seem to the persecutor.

AAC

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Why did Europeans hate the indians? Most tribes where peaceful. Because they where different. And when I say different I mean that as in Religion, looks, culture .. they where not the same, and because they where not the same the Europeans where above them, and because the Christians thought the Jews inferior for their differences they hated them. History will actually show that differences between people no matter how big or small is the biggest reason for hatred, wars, ethnic cleansing, etc. When looking for a specific reason as to why, one could say that Jews have money, but that like you said cannot pass the test because it is to broad.

Any difference, mostly cultural can cause a vast and much wider sense of hatred. You can hate a rich Jew sure, but not because all Jews are rich, and you cannot preceive that all Jews are rich either. You can however, hate a Jew because he wears a yamica (sorry for bad spelling im not Jewish) and then you can hate all Jews because of it. Because it is something you do not understand.

In highschool kids form cliques. In these small social groups the stereo types are typical, jocks, freaks, drama, skaters, punks, etc. Well the freaks and the jocks will clash, hate eachother. Will they do this because on the way to school on the first day the jocks ran into a freak and a jock got knocked over so the jocks picked on the freaks all through highschool? No, because different social groups will continuously clash for the basic reason that they are different. Because the freaks don't play football and the jocks can't understand why not and the freaks don't know why it's fun to throw a ball around they will clash.

European society was very segregated as far as your class, a Jew would have stuck out like a sore thumb in a Christian society, when hard times come along, which sadly is usually when Jews are persecuted they are blamed. That is totaly natural human behavior. Sad, but true. The Salem Witch Trials where a result of bad times, the slow economy, the effects of bad British rule.. when people have less money, less food, fear of whats going to happen the general rationality of what is right and what is wrong changes abruptly. If the American ecnomy where to crash entirely right now, I would bet my life that within a year people would group by race, blacks won't get jobs before whites, etc. All because especially in hard times, when it comes to survival those different will be outcast, persecuted, even killed, imprisioned, etc.

It is our human nature to group ourselves into those more like our selves, the natural outcome of that behavior is that the minority will always be the victim of the majority. If Judaism was the dominant religion say, 75% then they would not be prosecuted, and if Germany had been Jewish and Hitler Jewish then Christians could have been the victims of Germany's crimes.

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Perhaps they would, but...

Indians were different. Yes. But they were seen as a threat more than anything. Just as you generalize the "different" card, I could use the generalization of "threat." They are a threat to their ideology so to speak. Indians said once they sold their land to the governments they went from living, to surviving. Perhaps the Indians had it right (if fact I believ they did) in living simple. But knowing the broad plans of the new america, it was not in the cards to allow Indians their free reign over land that will soon be industrialized. Also, the indians did fight back, which probably exacerbated an already poignant issue.

Witches were were more spiritually in tune than the religious sects (that claimed that your salvation was within the church), when in reality the real temples were within each soul. The witches ideology was against the churches aims at control, which many other ideologies were to fall because of the churches aims at controlling. Let's look at christianity for a moment, some of Jesus's most beloved and astute disciples were left from the bible. Why is this? Because the esoteric words spoken by these desciples were not befitting to the churches ideological aims.

My point I guess is that there is a reason for everything, and just writing it off as 'different' keeps people from understanding the cause and effect of everything. When we have that understanding it helps us put the whole picture into perspective.

AAC

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I think a lot of it is ingrained programming.

Personally I hate no-one on account of their religion, colour, race etc etc but I remember as a kid the casual use of the term 'Jew' to denote someone who wouldn't share their things. There's also a strange expression relating to when the cigarette filter gets wet.

Why 10 YO kids from homes where such talk would have brought a swift slap picked up such ideas I don't recall. Most of us left playground thoughts behind when we grew - some didn't.

Oppression of the jews goes back a long, long way and I'm sure these casual taunts & attitudes are rooted in history

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I would not juxtapose “Hate Jews” and “Good Question” I would not juxtapose “Hate Jews” and “Good Question.” The power of association and suggestion is too great. No use helping even obliquely and unintentionally any anti-Semite cause. And considerably unnecessary for the work you produced. IMO.

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 08:09 PM
link   
People always find an excuse to hate....even when there are practically no differences. Let's be candid here. There is hatred among Jews themselves toward other Jews. The same applies to non-Jews. Look at the English and the Irish. They are killing each other because they are different types of Christians. So, it is a symptom of present condition of humanity. It is more ready to hate than love. There are exceptions though. Thank God. They shall inherit the Earth.

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnAbsoluteCreation
Perhaps they would, but...

Witches were were more spiritually in tune than the religious sects (that claimed that your salvation was within the church), when in reality the real temples were within each soul. The witches ideology was against the churches aims at control, which many other ideologies were to fall because of the churches aims at controlling. Let's look at christianity for a moment, some of Jesus's most beloved and astute disciples were left from the bible. Why is this? Because the esoteric words spoken by these desciples were not befitting to the churches ideological aims.

My point I guess is that there is a reason for everything, and just writing it off as 'different' keeps people from understanding the cause and effect of everything. When we have that understanding it helps us put the whole picture into perspective.

AAC

You do know that the witch hunts where not actually kiling real...... "witches" ...... right?

To pinpoint a specific "reason" to something so broad, so wide spread would be impossible, the simple fact remains that if a Jew where to remain exactly the same only be a Christian he would have no problems. He could be rich, powerful, it wouldn't matter because he wouldn't be different.

posted on Jan, 13 2007 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Interesting post there obviously many conspiracy theorys about jews but here's an fact:

The jews were banned from England for 300 hundred years one of the main reasons for this is that, by 1168, the value of the personal property of the Jews (around £60,000) was regarded as a quarter of the entire wealth of England. This obviously pissed off the people and government of England and the jews lust for power and money seems to be the main reason why country outcast them.

posted on Jan, 13 2007 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Personally, I'm always tried and still try to live a life, where everyone is equal, Christians, Jews, Muslims... everyone. But unfortunately, many of the Jewish Community are believing they're superior then the others and they're also telling this to anyone. They're also claiming, that only those things are good, what they've figured out (This includes in business.). Plus, they're also provoking everyone who is not one of them and when you're telling your opinion, they're already labeling you as an Anti-Semite. So, if you have an opinion, you're an Anti-Semite... well, that's strange and I'm not surprise if someone is already hating them.

This time, I'd like to leave all the conspiracy theories and I'd like to present few stories, which are presenting the facts.

Here are few story from my country, Hungary. We have a great celebration in 15th March. Now, last year, one man from the Jewish Community have kicked out a 12 year old Hungarian Christian Girl, because she proudly said, that she is a Hungarian and sang the Hungarian hymn. Of course, the other members of the Jewish Community, whose are working in the News Networks are already tried to hide this news, but for our luck, the Christians, whose are also working in the News Network have told this news to anyone, without any permission of the leaders. Of course, the Christians got the attacks, that WE, we're the Anti-Semites, while a Jew have attacked a young Christian girl (There was also a photographic evidence about that incident.). Plus, in my country, Jews are usually making false statements, that they've been attacked, while THEY're painting Nazi symbols to their synagogues, to their tombs in the cemetery (Last time, they had intention to do this, because they had intention in the Tomb business. For our luck, the investigators have learned this little detail and after that, the Jews stopped to spread that they're the victims.). Then, last year they also wanted to demolish our national statue, the Turul Bird (Similar to the Statue of Liberty, just it's a birdy with Angel wings. ), to build up their own Holocaust monument right there (The 5th or the 6th Holocaust monument in my city.). Also, in this year, they've NOT permitted to build a Christmas tree in front of our Parliament (It's also a tradition here.). But menoras... yes, there are many. So... after it's our country, it's a Christian country they want to control here, they want to demolish everything, what is connecting to the Christian religion. But my people are not tolerating this. The people are already plan to fight back and banish them back to their holy land.

I know few Jews (Friends of mine), whose are good, not stating that they're superiors, but the others are usually surrounded by lies, lies and lies. The other Jews are also have a great superiority and inferior complex. Personally I don't like people, whose are live in lies. And I believe they're making their own enemies. Don't surprise on the results.

[edit on 13-1-2007 by Dark Crystalline]

posted on Jan, 13 2007 @ 07:32 AM
link   

posted by Lucas_1984
“ . . Jews were banned from England for 300 years . . one of the reasons for this . . by 1168, the value of the personal property of the Jews around £60,000 was regarded as a quarter of the entire wealth of England.
The government of England and the Jews power and money seems to be the main reason why country outcast them. [Edited by Don W]

In the same time frame, Christian solders of the Cross (Crusaders) robbed, raped and murdered all across Europe and Asia Minor. So what lesson am I to draw from events happening 900 years ago, 4,000 miles from here? Under Henry VIII and Elizabeth I, Catholic priests were banned from England, under penalty of death. What’s it all mean?

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Interesting topic...and even more interesting explanations.

I think all explanations stand an argument, nothing is definitive. Personally my religious views are something on the level of: "I believe in God, all else is irrelevant"

The hatred of course is present, and one must acknowledge its presence. That being said, I believe the nucleus of the hatred is not religious (informally I refer to religion here as a code of “generally” accepted good conduct designed by God or Other(s), which believers and non-believers are capable of understanding and viewing as mutual good) and I stress on “generally” as with details the disagreements spiral.

I believe the hatred here is merely a reaction sparked by the competitive nature of human beings. This competitive nature manifests itself in wide range of social behavior.

However the competition is rarely perceived as “fair” (fair is theoretically infeasible set of rules designed by either party to leave the other at a possible disadvantage) as a result a tendency to react in a manner which amplifies the problem is exchanged by either party (pro and anti). This exchange is mutually destructive.

This boils down to “Survival of the Fittest”…which essentially means…ONLY the “fittest” Gets to “Live”….but by now you must all have figured that “WE ALL” want to live…and that is in my opinion is the problem.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 04:24 AM
link   
I believe that the most important point is that all Jews are NOT the same. This society has become one that is based on deception, with the full intent to deceive the enemy.

There are some jews who eat human flesh and sacrifice children and other things you probably wouldn't believe. It doesn't matter if you don't believe it, it happens every day.
There are also a vast majority of jews who are ''good'' people and live honest lives. It just so happens that the malevolent ones ARE in control. There is a bit of truth in that, but both sides(pro/anti jew) can be/are blinded by prejudice, public school indoctrination, popular opinion, and the television and music industries.

There is a conspiracy and everything has been carefully put into the right places. But its nothing to freak out about. There have been many that haven't worked, albeit, not so many with the complexity and magnitude of this one.

All it takes for them to drain you of your psychic energy, is to have you pick a side. To classify. To dissect. To unnecessarily scrutinize. To waste your energy on one side of the coin, and to stay distracted by purposeful perpetual dissatisfaction!
So meditate and start flexing your mental muscles, because we are in for a fun, precarious, chaotic, unpredictable ride..

cheers and good luck to all in the evolution of this planets consciousness, and in turn your own!

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 04:54 AM
link   
The real awnser "Jews are not Hated"

Look i'm a Jew and in life I have met people who believe all sorts of Crazy things, people who hate blacks, people who hate muslims, people who hate Chinese...

And I have met people that think Being Chinese makes you smart, or Islam maybe is a better religion or Blacks are Physically superior...

Same for me, I have met people who hate Me for being a Jew and people who want me to represent them in court even though i'm not a Lawyer LOL, like I have this superior intellect...

Everyone stereo types, Most people like to "Talk Sh%*"

I have had my moments of racism and then you sit next to a guy on a bus and you hang out... the rest is just "talking sh&*" but when with a person unless personally they just annoy you, we all mostly are nice.

Every group of people has had people who... have labeled them, it becomes a problem when you get "mass hysteria" or people act out on something... "mob mentality" But who hasn't had it happen to thier race or religion???

No One ... we all have.

So What's different about Jews? Tenacity, that's all

6000 year old calender, them and the Chinese... No one else, certainly no religion... Jews deserve, allot of respect, where nations and religion have risen and fell over time, they just seem to hang in there, (probably why they have superiority/inferiority complex's)

Who's around today, Those who worshiped the Olympian Gods? Sumerians?

Jews seem to be persecuted becaue they didn't get anhilated or absorbed by anyone in full... we can look at the history and say...OMG Jews have suffered so much. But really... the same times of these Attacks how many other cultures and religions just vanished...

Really jews are just Amazing survivors, nothing more

How old is America? We have been attacked already... currently lots of people "talk sh&^" about us... some really actually Hate us... But like everyone else it's nut cases and side choosers and here or the middle East most people may say they hate Islam or they may say they hate us... again, put a bunch of us on the bus together lol and, we will hang out and work it out...

But Jews aren't singled out, any more than anyone else... maybe right now in a global world as, Socialism and Communism and Islam and Capitalism and these... Giant Ism's play for power Jews seem singled out being a small group...

But so are Tibetans and Natives are on reservations and... it's Globalism it's not "about the jews" lol even if some people think so...

You have a culture for 6000 years your history is... filled with bad times...

[edit on 14-6-2008 by mopusvindictus]

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 05:33 AM
link   
And... Where does this tenacity come from? Is there a "Jewish problem"

You know what there is... it's a pain in the ass to be a jew, I have to be honest...

Why? because of the old testament. Christians and Muslims 2/3 of the world believe in it's validity and... as a Jew you grow up knowing. We are the only ones that can read and copy it in it's native language.

And, you have to... decide if you believe or not, because translation, isn't the word of g-d so you grow up with this responsability. Even if your not religous or barely believe when you face... in hard times, the question Why be a Jew, you have to question that to just quit o it might really be a wrong thing to do, that that Torah is important.

Some jews think it's the "literal word of god" I don't believe that, what I believe is that Moses being the adopted son of Pharoh in a time when only pharoh and his priests had written language... I think the book came from Pharohs library and it's ... a Very valuable historical account of things that really happened and it has allot of interesting math woven into it in it's native language and that most of the worlds religion is based on it...

and it probably shouldn't be lost.

In the end Judaism is a religion about preservation of this Torah, the old Testament and your raised to feel this Importance to it and when you examine it, even as a non believer if your an intellectual at all you go, well, it probably is kind of iportant what these religous Jews do all day writing and rewriting this book and other books actually that are... very signifigant to culture and religion as we know it...

and... in times like this, particularly being Irish by birth, very often I think to myself, wow it would be so easy to just drop this stigma and say i'm catholic, it's not like I practice anyway... but then the litle part of you that says what if the torah really was given by g-d and you...go awww jeeesh my soul... and then when you say, you know this is all bs anyway if your a bit of a scholar of any kind as I fancy myself you have to realize... and knowing Jews they are basically religously a bunch of scholarly monks and most are really nie and.... the book is really important and you just don't want to bail out..thats all

So jews remain ... Tenacious to the religion

But I really do wish very often, that Christians and Muslims would, if as they say the believe in G-d/Allah etc... and they believe in the old Testament, do jews a favor and, embrace the book in it's native tounge and teach it in school and take copies of, what is rightfully a part of thier religions after all and unburden Jews as a culture of it...

Because Jesus was a Jew, so was Mary Magdalene and the whole religion thing is stupid with discord and.. without the intensity, Jews would be absorbed into christianity in about 3 hrs... most of us marry christians nowadays anyway, my children are half christian and allot of days I don't want my kids labeled ever... in respect for me as I am in respect for my adopted father, isolated... so just, claim your book if you believe in g-d so much then the next time some group says... Be like us or be anhilated we can do what most cultures do... convert rather then struggle...

I mean seriously, culturally our food is mediocre, our holidays are celebrated kind of bland... it's not LOL self hatred it just would really be easier to become christian or even islamic if it wasn't for the one issue... the mistranslation of the original copy

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Raised protestant. On the whole, I prefer Jewish traditions, values over Islam. Wouldn't mind being a non-Jew living in a predominantly Jewish state. As long as I don't fraternize with too many witches, I'll be ok.
I think it's funny though, that there's still conflict rooted in the important question of: "What pleases God more? The tending of flocks or the sowing of seed?" Then blows ensue and continue . . .

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join