It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was Victor Litvinenko a Terrorist?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Well, it has been speculated on this thread that Mr Litvinenko may have been helping terrorist's with some sort of radiological weapon.

Firstly, the poisoning story does not add up. It is a very strange way to have someone bumped off, to say the least.

What is known about Litvinenko is that he was a Muslim convert, had ties to Chechen rebels and has previously smuggled radioactive material for them in 2000. This was admitted to Police by Mario Scaramella, one of the men who met Litvinenko on November 1.

Known Chechen Leader and suspected terrorist, Ahmed Zakayev, sent a representative to the Islamic funeral of Litvinenko. He has been described as a close friend of Litvinenko.

Traces of Po-210 have been found across Europe and seemingly don't add up. The traces found in Germany are in houses associated with Dmitry Kovtun, who met Litvinenko on Nov 1. The contamination in Germany happened prior to November 1. Kovtun is now being treated in Russia for suspected radiation poisoning. He has been interviewed by British and Russian police, but as a witness, not a suspect.

In that case, why then have traces of Po-210 turned up in places Kovtun was at prior to meeting Litvinenko? That must mean that Kovtun was in contact with the radiation source prior to the meeting.

Andrei Lugovoi is also in Moscow being treated for Po-210 poisoning. Traces have been found on a Finnish plane he used and at a British embassy.

Another man, Vyacheslav Sokolenko, is also being treated for suspected Po-210 poisoning.

The common thing between these four men is a meeting at the Millenium Hotel on the 1st Nov. All four have been exposed.

A fifth man, an Italian called Mario Scaramella, was also poisoned, but only mildly. He was at the Sushi bar with Litvinenko.

Had the poisoning taken place at the Sushi bar, one would expect Scaramella to be seriously ill and the other 4 men from the Hotel to be only mildly affected. It is the other way around, suggesting that contamination was at the Hotel.

It is possible that Litvinenko was already contaminated prior to going to the Sushi bar, perhaps the source of the radiation being in the Hotel. He went to the Sushi Bar after the meeting at the hotel. This is proof that he was not poisoned there, but at the hotel.

One then has to wonder, why would a potential assassin (one of the other men in the hotel meeting) poison himself and others, as well as his target? There was no-one else present at that meeting.

Now, considering all this, one has to wonder what went on in that Hotel room? I suspect it was something like this:

Dmitry Kovtun contaminated places in Germany prior to the meeting on Nov 1 at the Hotel. He must have been carrying the radiation source, ie Po-210. He goes to the meeting at the hotel, with the other men plus Litvinenko. There the major contamination takes place.

Litvinenko then leaves the hotel and goes to meet the Italian over some Sushi. There, more contamination occurs, but on a lesser scale.

I think now is a good point to examine each of these characters backgrounds in some detail.

As has been pointed out, Litvinenko had ties to Chechen Rebels, was a muslim convert and has previously smuggled radioactive substances for the Chechens.

Andrei Lugovoi is a life long friend of Dmitry Kovtun. They grew up together as children and served together in the Military. He is also a key associate of Boris Berezovsky, the Russian Oligarch and close friend of Litvinenko. Andrei Lugovoi is ex-KGB and now runs a "Security Firm". This may put you in mind of the "Security Consultants" that the coalition use in Iraq, namely Mercenaries.

You may recall it was Berezovsky who drove Litvinenko to the Hospital. Berezovsky is an arch-enemy of Putin, facing corruption charges amongst others. He is also linked to Chechen Rebels and rumours abound that he has financially backed them on many occasions.

Traces of radiation were found at the stadium of Arsenal FC. Both Sokolenko and Lugovoi went to a game on 1 Nov to see CSKA Moscow play Arsenal in the Champions League. This game was at 19:45, after the meeting at the Hotel.

The common thread binding all the men at the Hotel meeting is an association with Berezovsky. As has been said, both Berezovsky and Litvinenko had close ties to Chechen rebels.

Chechen rebels are the only people in the world to have knowingly used radioactive materials in terrorist attacks. One incident was in a Park in central Moscow where radioactive Cesium was used. The term "radioactive landmine" was coined.

So, in summary, we know Kovtun must have brought the Po-210 into the UK. All 4 men met at the Hotel, were they were exposed to dangerous amounts of the Po-210. All were tied, either directly or indirectly, with Chechen rebels. Chechen rebels have used radioactive weapons before. Chechen rebel leader, Ahmed Zakayev, sent a representative to the funeral of Litvinenko.

So, what is the Chechen involvement?

Po-210 is a perfect ingredient to use in a dirty bomb. It is impossible to detect if shielded, bearing in mind that paper can stop the Alpha radiation from Po-210, so would be able to be smuggled fairly freely through ports even if they had radiation detectors. Also, it is easily aerosolised, so if blended with enough HE, it would form a fine dust that would be easily absorbed by humans.

One thing to note is that Po-210 is used, in conjunction with berrilium as the trigger in Russian suitcase bombs and older type Nuclear weapons. The problem is that the triggers have to be changed once every 6 months due to the short half-life of Po-210.

Remember the missing 100 or so suitcase nukes from Russia after the fall of the Soviet Union?

What would the Chechens be planning? Well, seeing as the Po-210 has already been traced to a russian reactor by british scientists, they have free reign to do what they will. After all, if they set it off in London or New York, the finger would point to Russia?

If that wasn't the plan, another theory could be that they wanted to trigger a wider war with the West against the Muslim world. An act of this magnitude would certainly stir up enough hate and anger that the US, if they were the target, would lash out worse than after 9/11.

It is known that amongst fundamentlist Muslims and Christians alike, the common thing that binds them is a desire to usher in Armageddon, for either producing the Messiah or the Rapture, or whatever funky story they might like the sound of. One sure fire way of doing this would be to trigger a war between the West and the Muslim world.

Anyhow, I think I have made my case. Whatever the plan may be, one thing is for certain. This was no assasination. There is something far more sinister afoot and Litvinenko, it would seem, was inadvertantly contaminated, along with the other men who attended this meeting, by Po-210.

Thought's, anyone?

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Just a small point... In the news we were told Litvinenko ingested polonium-210, thats why he couldn't be treated.

As you point out, paper can stop the radiation from Po-210, so how would this chemical affect the four members of the meeting in the hotel?

So if Litvinenko was a terrorist why would he eat polonium-210? Why would any of the people contaminated have eaten this dangerous chemical; as this is the only way they could have been contaminated considering its low levels of contamination through shielding.

Furthermore, why would Scotland Yard have upgraded the mystery surrounding Litvinenko's death to murder if he could have been effected by merely carrying it in a sealed container?

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 07:50 PM
link   
If its the chechens, then wouldn't the russians be all over it? Rather than trying to deflect it to anti-government activists, unassociated with chechnya? Wouldn't the russians jump at the chance to say lay the blame on the chechnyans and bomb the hell outta them?

The chronology of the contamination seems unarguable though.

Remember the missing 100 or so suitcase nukes from Russia after the fall of the Soviet Union?

Indeed. But, how does litivenko get poisoned anyway? Why would they have him working on these devices, surely there are more qualified people? I can see him getting accidentally poisoned, and then they all figure, lets say the ruskies did it, but how's he get poisoned in the first place?

I don't think we can rule out the russians merely because the polonium is an 'unlikely' poison, the conspiracy you outline is just as, if not more, unlikely. Likelyhood alone doesn't seem much help either way.

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by byhiniur
Just a small point... In the news we were told Litvinenko ingested polonium-210, thats why he couldn't be treated.

Ingested is just one way. Inhalation is another.

As you point out, paper can stop the radiation from Po-210, so how would this chemical affect the four members of the meeting in the hotel?

Well, it obviuosly did, as they are ill. It is entirely possible that something happened in that room that exposed them all. If the Po-210 is a dust, it was probably inhaled.

Use your imagination. Also, it's not a chemical. It's an element.

So if Litvinenko was a terrorist why would he eat polonium-210? Why would any of the people contaminated have eaten this dangerous chemical; as this is the only way they could have been contaminated considering its low levels of contamination through shielding.

No, it isnt the only way. Po-210 is usually a dust anyway and if not, is easily aerosolised.

Furthermore, why would Scotland Yard have upgraded the mystery surrounding Litvinenko's death to murder if he could have been effected by merely carrying it in a sealed container?

Several possible reasons. either they don't know any better, or maybe they do but are not saying as to avoid causing a panic. You say upgraded, but it was never anything but. They started a murder investigation when he died.

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
If its the chechens, then wouldn't the russians be all over it? Rather than trying to deflect it to anti-government activists, unassociated with chechnya? Wouldn't the russians jump at the chance to say lay the blame on the chechnyans and bomb the hell outta them?

Indeed, that is a good question. But the Chechen link is undeniable. Trust me when I say I have researched these characters in depth and they are well connected to the Chechen's and the Russian underworld themselves.

Maybe the Russians are trying to frame Chechens.

Who knows. I am not claiming to know who and why, just pointing out that a mere poisoning is not the likely to be the truth and following the chronology and the links between the various players.

Indeed. But, how does litivenko get poisoned anyway? Why would they have him working on these devices, surely there are more qualified people? I can see him getting accidentally poisoned, and then they all figure, lets say the ruskies did it, but how's he get poisoned in the first place?

I didn't say he, personally, was working on the device. But it is entirely possible he was involved in the transportation of the material. Imagine that they accidently exposed themselves during this meeting in the hotel, maybe the tore the packaging. Po-210 usually comes in a little foil pouch. It could have just been an accident.

I don't think we can rule out the russians merely because the polonium is an 'unlikely' poison, the conspiracy you outline is just as, if not more, unlikely. Likelyhood alone doesn't seem much help either way.

If he was poisoned, then why was the person who brought the Po-210 into the country also present in the room?

He wasn't poisoned in the Sushi bar, as the chronolgy does not allow for this.

Kovtun is the one who brought the Po-210 into the country. This is proven by the radiation trail left prior to the Nov 1st meeting. Why would he willingly allow himself to be exposed?

Remember, Kovtun is currently being treated for acute radiation poisoning. He is currently in a critical condition in Moscow.

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
Ingested is just one way. Inhalation is another.

Fair enough.

Well, it obviuosly did, as they are ill. It is entirely possible that something happened in that room that exposed them all. If the Po-210 is a dust, it was probably inhaled.

It obviously did according to you. It may have been inhaled, but you are trying to argue that four people who were clever enough to either steal or raise the money to buy this expensive element (
) where stupid enough to take the stopper of the test tube of dust and inhale bits of Po-210?

Use your imagination. Also, it's not a chemical. It's an element.

Thanks, I'm not a Chemist. Anyways, why use my imagination when I can wait for the facts?

No, it isnt the only way. Po-210 is usually a dust anyway and if not, is easily aerosolised.

"If not"... so is it a dust or not, because it seems your theory relies on it being so and that the container they had broke for some reason. If it was 'aerosolised' then why would they infect themselves?

Several possible reasons. either they don't know any better, or maybe they do but are not saying as to avoid causing a panic. You say upgraded, but it was never anything but. They started a murder investigation when he died.

I say upgraded because that was the exact word used by the media after Scotland Yard "upgraded" because that was the exact word used by the media when it was upgraded to a murder investigation. They only started an investigation into his death when he died.

I applaud you for trying to put a conspiracy twist onto this story, but your ideas seem to be flawed because the perpatrators(sp) of the aleged plan to create dirty bombs wouldn't infect themselves.

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 09:23 PM
link   

It obviously did according to you. It may have been inhaled, but you are trying to argue that four people who were clever enough to either steal or raise the money to buy this expensive element () where stupid enough to take the stopper of the test tube of dust and inhale bits of Po-210?

The facts are there to see. The infection didn't occur in the Sushi bar, as the 4 men present in the room are all ill now with Po-210 poisoning. The 1 man, apart from Victor who was at the meeting in the Sushi place only recieved a minor dose. Ergo, contamination could not have occured there, rather, he was infected by contact with Litvinenko.

Thanks, I'm not a Chemist. Anyways, why use my imagination when I can wait for the facts?

The first half of my post deals with the facts. The second half is speculation based on those facts. I am not saying I "know" what happened, but when you examine the chronolgy of events and the persons involved, it stinks.

"If not"... so is it a dust or not, because it seems your theory relies on it being so and that the container they had broke for some reason. If it was 'aerosolised' then why would they infect themselves?

From what I have read, it would have to be a dust. Even 1g of solid Po-210 emits such serious amounts of thermal energy (500c +) that it would compromise any container it was kept in. Dust is less likely to be able to emit such extremes of heat.

I applaud you for trying to put a conspiracy twist onto this story, but your ideas seem to be flawed because the perpatrators(sp) of the aleged plan to create dirty bombs wouldn't infect themselves.

But they DID. All four persons present in the hotel room are now being treated for Po-210 poisoning, apart from Victor, who has died. The idea he was poisoned via food in the sushi restuarant is flawed because contamination did not occur there.

Why is it so hard to believe that an accident occured when these four men were handling the Po-210? I am not saying they did it deliberately, but all it takes is someone to be careless while handling it.

The dirty bomb angle is a possibility. Another could be the trigger idea. Or maybe they just wanted to make their own, home made, anti-static device to remove fluff from their uniforms. Who knows? But, the fact remains that during that meeting in the Millenium hotel, after Kovtun brought the Po-210 into the country, all four persons present are either dead or dying.

I am not just plucking facts out of the air here chap, I have spent sevral days researching the chronology of events and the persons involved. The chronolgy points to the Po-210 being smuggled into the UK, via Germany, by Kovtun. All four persons in the hotel room are now infected (or dead). Kovtun and Lugovoi are in a critical condition. Some reports say that Lugovoi is now in a coma.

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 10:06 PM
link   
I agree with “stumason”, there is more going on than meets the eye.

The idea polonium 210 would be used as the chosen method of assassination is almost surreal. Polonium is highly traceable and only manufactured in a handful of places.

One tremendous lethal exposure and possible lethal exposure of a few individuals to a radioactive isotope that has a half-life of 138 days and is extremely expensive does not, at least on the surface, make a simple assassination.

The street value of the contamination to which Victor was evaluated as exposed (100 times the lethal dosage) is estimated near €30 million. This type of contamination could easily be attributed to unintentional or accidental exposure. Why would some outside party use this radioactive isotope to ‘poison’ Victor etal. when other options are more than easily available for literally pennies in country. Why risk the transfer? Why risk the international implications?

As I posted in another thread…Imo, the threat is that of a dirty bomb, a fairly nasty one at that…and it appears others are taking this as a possibility:

POLICE forces have been told to buy anti-radiation masks for their 100,000 frontline officers to protect them in the event of a “dirty bomb” terrorist attack
Sunday Times December 10, 2006.

mg

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 12:51 AM
link   
*BUMP*

Sorry, had to be done! I'm a little concerned at the lack of interest in this thread, would have thought there would be more comments, even if they all disagreed with me...

I'm sure I am on to something here...

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Stumason I think you've done a good job of putting together some of the known details of this mystery. I agree it's highly unlikely this would be a weapon of choice for any assassin. And leaving a trail halfway across Europe in both directions makes it laughably so.

There's definitely something more going on but that's going to be hard to fathom. Mario Scaramella appears to be an unusual character as the two universities he claims to have qualified from have stated they have no record of him attending. In addition to his other historical involvements (ref the russian subs dumping nukes in the sea off Italy etc...)

Does any of this tie into John Reid stating an attack is highly likely in the Christmas run up in the UK?

I think the dirty bomb issue sounds credible but whether actually chechen involvement is debatable. The bombs in apartment buildings in moscow is a case in point here. Sadly I think there's so much grey information already circulating this will remain a mystery.

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Here's my theory on this.

Litvinenko was not a terrorist, nor did he work with the terrorists from what I've seen. He knew what the Soviets were upto, as in the killing of reporters that were 'stubbling' across the doings of the Kremlin in Moscow. These people were coming across the state sponsored terror that the Kremlin supports and funds in Chechnya. These murders that have went on because of what these people know about their government is just ridiculous.

As for who done it, this wreaks of a KGB/FSB plot against critics of the Russian State. It has been proven that some of the elements of the KGB from Putin's days are still there. The espionage is still there, the murder for hire is still there, this 'accidental' death wreaks with the smell of the Kremlin's hands.

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimmefootball400

As for who done it, this wreaks of a KGB/FSB plot against critics of the Russian State. It has been proven that some of the elements of the KGB from Putin's days are still there. The espionage is still there, the murder for hire is still there, this 'accidental' death wreaks with the smell of the Kremlin's hands.

How do you explain the fact that Kovtun is the one who appears to have brought the Po-210 into the UK, via Germany and is now one of the sick in Moscow? Why would an assassin leave a trail for Police to follow from Moscow to London and back?

It appears to me that you've skipped over my initial post without paying any attention to what was said. The assassination theory doesn't hold water.

The possibility that the men were involved in some sort of smuggling of radioactive materials is stronger, as not only do they all have VERY strong connections to Chechens, who have used radioactive weapons, but Litvinenko has previously smuggled material for the Chechens in 2000.

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Spy Death by Nuclear Poisoning Tied to American Hiroshima

By Paul L. Williams Ph.D.

& Lee Boyland

Wednesday, December 6, 2006

The death of Alexander Litvinenko by radiological poisoning points to the possibility that the former Soviet spy may have been involved with Islamic terrorists in the preparation of tactical nuclear weapons for use in the jihad against the United States and its NATO allies.

Litvenenko, a former KGB agent, died in London on November 23 after ingesting a microscopic amount of polonium-210.

In a deathbed statement, Litvinenko blamed Russian President Vladimir Putin for the poisoning--an accusation which the Kremlin has vehemently denied.

The denial is fortified by the fact that polonium-210 is a very rare radiological substance that is man-made by bombarding Bismuth-209 with neutrons within a nuclear reactor. It is expensive to produce and difficult to handle.

When Russian officials resorted to nuclear poisoning in the past-- including the assassination of two Swiss intelligence officials who were engaged with Russia and South Africa in the nuclear black market--they relied on such readily available radiological substances as cesium-137 in salt form.

According to nuclear expert David Morgan, killing a spy or political dissident with a grain or two of polonium-210 is as ludicrous as shooting a rat with a howitzer.

Litvinenko, who was born an orthodox Christian, was a convert to Islam with close ties to the Chechen rebels. His last words consisted of his desire to be buried "according to Muslim tradition."

In recent years, considerable attention has been paid to suitcase nukes that were developed by U.S. and Soviet forces during the Cold War. Reliable sources, including Hans Blix of the United Nation, have confirmed that bin Laden purchased several of these devices from the Chechen rebels in 1996. According to Sharif al-Masri and other al Qaeda operatives who have been taken into custody, several of these weapons have been forward deployed to the United States in preparation for al Qaeda's next attack on American soil.

This brings us to the mysterious case of Litvinenko.

The neutron source or "triggers" of the suitcase nukes are composed of beryllium-9 and polonium-210. When these two elements are combined, the alpha particle is absorbed by the nucleus of the beryllium causing it to decay by emitting a neutron. Such "triggers" were a feature of early nuclear weapons in the U.S. and Soviet stockpiles.

Polonium-210 has a half-life of 138 days, necessitating the replacement of the triggers every six months. For this reason, the suitcase nukes are far from maintenance-free. In addition, the nuclear core of these devices emit a temperature in excess of one hundred degrees Fahrenheit - - further exposing the weapons to oxidation and rust. Small wonder that al Qaeda operatives including Adnan el-Shukrijumah, who are spearheading "the American Hiroshima" have received extensive training in nuclear technology.

Polonium-beryllium triggers are packaged in foil packs about the size of a package of sugar on a restaurant table. When the twin foil packages are crushed, the elements mix and the neutrons are emitted. A courier transporting nuclear triggers could have had a mishap causing the packages to rupture and a trail of contamination to occur.

Polonium-210 is a fine powder, easily aerosolized. Litvinenko could have inhaled the powder, or had a grain or two on his fingers when he ate the sushi.

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I saw that article, but for the sake of "trumping" someone, I posted an outline of my theory on one of the other Poisoning threads on the 24th November...

Sorry..

Just had to say it..I got there first

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 04:27 PM
link   
The whole poisoning story sounds like a load of crock to me, especially after fear monger John Reid's announcement that another terrorist attack at Christmas is highly likely.

thescotsman.scotsman.com...

I hope I'm wrong but it looks like another Blair and Co Government sponsored terrorist attack is on the way. If I lived in London I would be pretty nervous right about now. If Tony Blair is out of the country this Christmas or away from London, there's a very strong possibility that another terrorist attack is coming. He's probably already got his speech prepared, condemning Hamas or Iran.
Anything to further there phoney war on terrorism.

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I have to say, when this whole story first broke, I thought the idea of using Po-210 to assassinate someone was ludicrous. Lately I've kindof lost where the story has gone as the trails of contamination have increased geometrically. Your post, stu, is awesome as is your research. I hadn't considered this possibility but am intrigued now.

Because of the enormous expense and great difficulty attached to acquiring Po-210 it seems like an unlikely candidate for a dirty bomb. Although its potency and relatively low shielding requirements does seem to counter that.

What seems odd to me is the spiderweb of contamination spread over Europe. Once the material was packaged-up in Russia wouldn't it seem likely that they would have meticulously cleaned and decontaminated the exterior of the container(s)? Most assuredly the people who filled those containers were nuclear scientists and would have seen to that. Do you think that the packaging was accidentally breached during its transit? Or do you think the trail was left intentionally? If, as you suggest, the 4 men meeting at The Millenium were contaminated there accidentally, it may be possible that the package was broken during transit and that while handling it at the hotel they became contaminated. That scenario would seem consistent. I find it highly unlikely they would all knowingly contaminate themselves. To what end? Learning in the news that Litvinenko had converted to Islam was troubling to say the least.

I agree with you, stu. This looks particularly ominous.

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by jtma508
Your post, stu, is awesome as is your research. I hadn't considered this possibility but am intrigued now.

Cheers
...still no bloody WATS though..grumble..grumble...

Because of the enormous expense and great difficulty attached to acquiring Po-210 it seems like an unlikely candidate for a dirty bomb. Although its potency and relatively low shielding requirements does seem to counter that.

Indeed. It is expensive, but not that hard to come by. As a dirty bomb ingredient, it is useful for the low shielding requirements.

Do you think that the packaging was accidentally breached during its transit? Or do you think the trail was left intentionally? If, as you suggest, the 4 men meeting at The Millenium were contaminated there accidentally, it may be possible that the package was broken during transit and that while handling it at the hotel they became contaminated. That scenario would seem consistent. I find it highly unlikely they would all knowingly contaminate themselves. To what end? Learning in the news that Litvinenko had converted to Islam was troubling to say the least.

I doubt they knowingly contaminated themselves. A possible sequence of events could be exactly as you described.

The container was breached in transit, but only just, leaving a trail too London and back from Moscow. When they are in the meeting in the Hotel, perhaps to hand over the substance, maybe the container was breached further whilst Litvinenko was holding it.

Hence he gets a massive dose of Po-210 dust and the others all receive lesser, but still potentially lethal, doses.

It is a possible chain of events and fits with the known facts (although, some artistic licence is needed to imagine the actual events in the hotel, as know one knows)

Learning in the news that Litvinenko had converted to Islam was troubling to say the least.

I agree with you, stu. This looks particularly ominous.

Indeed it is worrying. Not because he became a muslim, per se, but add that to his links with known, Muslim, Chechen rebels and you have a suspicious situation.

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 12:04 AM
link   
While it is obvious that there is more to the story than simple assasination, I still don't see what Polonium could have been used for, and why UK and Germany of all places. If it was Chechens, they have no reason to target anything outside Russia.

One thing I agree with is that Berezovsky and the Chechen groups in UK had some involvement in this.

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by maloy
While it is obvious that there is more to the story than simple assasination, I still don't see what Polonium could have been used for, and why UK and Germany of all places. If it was Chechens, they have no reason to target anything outside Russia.

Kovtun contaminated places he went to in Germany prior to his meeting with Litvinenko on Nov 1 in London. That is fact

Hence, he must have been carrying the Po-210 himself.

In the meeting in the Hotel, Litvinenko and the other 3 men all got contaminated. That is fact

He cannot have been "poisoned" in the Sushi bar as he was infected prior. He just contaminated the place himself as he was coated in the stuff.

All 4 men in the hotel are now either dead or seriously ill. Why would Kovtun travel all over Europe, to London, to try and poison Litvinenko only to infect himself, his best friend and another man? That makes less sense than a chocolate teapot in the Sudan.

THERE IS SOMETHING FISHY GOING ON...BUT WHAT?

As for Chechen involvement, I am not saying they were up too something. I am just pointing out everyone tied to this has a great deal of interest with the Chechens, to the point the Chchen leader would send an envoy to the funeral.

As to your question about what Po-210 could be used for, i did say in my original post. either a dirty bomb or a trigger for a nuke.

[edit on 14/12/06 by stumason]

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Polonium 210 can also be made into a radioactive isotope. Twenty five isotopes of Po-210 do exist on the planet Earth. This according to periodic.lanl.gov... . However, it does not say what the isotopes are used for. It does say how the isotopes are made with it though.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join