It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Area 51 is nothing

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 02:37 PM
link   
To the original thread poster;

I have read through this forum and we seem to have come to a standstill...unless you are/did/will work at area 51, then who can say for sure right?!

However, let's review the facts and for the sake of arguement take Ocham's Razor as the medium (the most obvious solution is most often the answer...paraphrased).

Area 51, Topnopah, Groom Lake, and the others near the Nellis Range have been witnessed by many as a military testing and evaluation area. This is a fact, not a belief, a fact. The question is whether or not the base is now a distraction from another more secret off-location base, right? The U.S. military does continue to conduct very top secret testing at area 51, maybe not as much anymore, but then again with the aid of computers over the last twenty years there need not be as much physical testing to be done until the later portions of the process. Everybody with me so far???? This is and should be common knowledge to any and all aircraft people. And before you all go asking where my credentials come from, I was part of the flight parameter profile team with the F/A 18 Hornet and have had the priviledge of knowing a few people who do have intimate knowledge of some of the comings and goings at these remote test areas, the info is so compartmetalized that nobody really knows what others are doing there.
Anyway, there may be other bases near or even connected underground to area 51 as you have pointed out.....BUT area 51 is real, it exists, tests go on there, and you can get arrested and shot for real if you just blow it off and don't believe it and trespass!
Everything has happened there in strict contradiction to you saying that Nothing has happened there. I would never argue that there aren't other top secret installations elsewhere, but area 51 is real and has been a major player in our aircraft and flight technologies to date.

Have a great day, and Happy New Year to you all...by the way, nice thread so far!!!

Peace, Mondo

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mondogiwa
Area 51, Topnopah, Groom Lake, and the others near the Nellis Range have been witnessed by many as a military testing and evaluation area. This is a fact, not a belief, a fact.

For the Record, Area 51 and Groom Lake both refer to the exact SAME place! Area 51 cames from the fact that old military maps have the test range divided into Areas on a grid. Based on this old grid system, Groom Lake is located in Area 51 of the Nevada test site.

Tim

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Area 51 USED to be something. I doubt its even operative now.

So yes, it is a distraction, but it didn't used to be.

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I think we have pretty well established the fact that the Groom Lake (Area 51) base is still active. Anyone who says otherwise is simply not paying attention. This has become a silly thread.

Read pertinent articles here:

www.dreamlandresort.com...

www.dreamlandresort.com...

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shadowhawk
The Nevada Test and Training Range (NTTR) is roughly the size of Switzerland. It includes the the Nellis Bombing and Gunnery Range, Creech AFB/Indian Springs Range, Nevada Test Site (NTS), Tonopah Test Range (TTR), and DREAMLAND/Area 51.

Thanks for the clarification. Shadowhawk.

Before you give up on this thread could you clarify a bit further for me?

Are there any public areas between all these individual facilities? Or is the whole area (size of Switzerland) closed off to the public?

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I've never done the math to see if the Switzerland comparison refers to the airspace range boundaries or the land boundaries of the military reservation.

The airspace is bigger than the military reservation. All of the facilities are enclosed within the military reservation boundaries.

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost01
For the Record, Area 51 and Groom Lake both refer to the exact SAME place! Area 51 cames from the fact that old military maps have the test range divided into Areas on a grid. Based on this old grid system, Groom Lake is located in Area 51 of the Nevada test site.

Tim

Good point, I know that of course but was making the statement of the different names and areas relating to and around the area 51 to the original thread author. It seems obvious that he/she does not really understand too much about it.
But, i did not make that very clear i suppose so it was good of you to catch that.....nice eye and correction.

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 10:41 PM
link   

The Nellis Air Force Range (NAFR) is a training facility of the United States Air Force located in the desert of southern Nevada in the United States. It is the largest of its kind in the US, 4687 sq. mi. (12139 km²). Formally, it is known as the Nellis Test and Training Range (NTTR) in USAF documentation and is operated by the USAF Warfare Center's 98th Range Wing.

en.wikipedia.org...

It appears the facilities themselves are about ¼ of Switzerland’s surface area. The size of Switzerland must refer to the protected airspace around the facility. (assuming that the above article is right, and that NAFR=NTTR)

You can download a high-resolution version of this map here.

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 08:58 PM
link   
NEVER, and I mean NEVER believe anything from Wikipedia. It's all a lie, anyone can edit it and slightly change the facts.
~Angel~

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nyte Angel
NEVER, and I mean NEVER believe anything from Wikipedia. It's all a lie, anyone can edit it and slightly change the facts.
~Angel~

Actually, it's usually quite accurate.

There's a Wired Magazine article I can't locate at the moment, also. While it's true anyone can edit it, Wikipedia also lists massive sources for claims, and they are easily verified. I find it an excellent tool, personally, though everyone's entitled to their own views.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join