It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is Your Favorite Horror Movie

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 04:23 PM
link   
The one that always stays in my heart as the movie that made me actually scared, not just grossed out (Hostel) or startled (The Ring and The Grudge, both of which get a big thumbs up for Japanese Horror) was:

The Changeling.

George C. Scott seems to take center in a LOT of great movies, but, this one I watched and had to turn the lights on and I'm glad there was someone else in the room. Just scary to me. Just an AWESOME Ghost Story.

Now I have to say, I don't like watching horror flicks at all. I just really don't like the way they make me feel, so, much to my G/F's chagrin, I rarely go see them at the theater and I will sit on the computer when we rent them.

Cuhail

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Have to go with Rasobasi420 Hellraiser was awesome, also really liked the first two friday the 13th's.

A good really old aussie horror flick is The Cars that ate Paris. probably wont be able to find it in the US though.

American Werewolf in London had its moments too.

Thank god no one has said Blairwitch project.

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 04:47 PM
link   
But, there was also KillDozer, I was a kid up way past my bedtime when that was on ABC late movie back in the '70s. Gave me nightmares for days.

I'm such a puss,

Cuhail

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 09:40 AM
link   
As far as being scared, I suppose the movie that scared me the most was The Entity. I don't know if it was because it was "based on a true story" or what, but that movie scared the hell out of me!!

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I watched Slither last night, it was pretty funny, it is like a tribute to all old style B-movie and Troma horrors. It's just an entertaining Creature Feature, and a very good mix of puppetry and CG, most of the time you can't tell whats CG and whats puppetry, which is good...

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by chris01621
I watched Slither last night, it was pretty funny, it is like a tribute to all old style B-movie and Troma horrors. It's just an entertaining Creature Feature, and a very good mix of puppetry and CG, most of the time you can't tell whats CG and whats puppetry, which is good...

Yeah,I saw some previews of it last night. I don't think it is something that I'd go out to buy and own,but I probably wouldn't mind watching it.

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Slither cracked me up. I like a lot of the old horror movies, and Slither is stuffed to bursting with homage, to the good, the ugly, and the spectacularly bad alike...

The Hills Have Eyes remake was pretty hardcore - probably the most shocking horror movie I've ever seen, right up there with The Untold Story. Some of the gore shots in Hills were truly spectacular, and the sense of general uncleanliness it left with me was memorable. Yuck. There were some logical errors, like with the dog near the end, but as a whole it was a pretty good movie.

I like horror movies where the protagonists are set up early to be less than noble. It makes it easier to root for the bad guys.

I also have a soft spot for Zombie flicks, but that's a whole different story, they definitely don't horrify me.

And speaking of Zombies, Devil's Rejects and House of 1,000 Corpses are wonderful horror movies, lots of replay value thanks to the abundance of dark humor. I dig 'em.

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 04:09 PM
link   
creature from the black lagoon is one of those old b grade horror flicks thats so bad its good!!

anything with christopher lee, vincent price or bela lugosi also rocks.

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Yeah, Vincent Price is one of the greats. When I think of him, I think of the original House of Wax movie.

My favorite horror movie actor, and probably my favorite over-all actor, has got to be Jack Nicholson. He is the last of a dying breed in my opinion. There's no one that acts in this day and age that will be able to fill his shoes when he's gone.

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Some favourites are

Halloween
The Changeling
The Wicker Man (the original, not the remake)

Anything that creeps me out rather then gross's me out gets my vote but the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre trod a fine line between the two and oddly enough there were parts of M Night Shyamalans Signs that I found very creepy but the film that made me feel like an 8 yr old again, checking all the doors were locked and turning all the lights on was definately 28 Days Later.

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by ubermunche
Some favourites are

Halloween
The Changeling
The Wicker Man (the original, not the remake)

Anything that creeps me out rather then gross's me out gets my vote but the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre trod a fine line between the two and oddly enough there were parts of M Night Shyamalans Signs that I found very creepy but the film that made me feel like an 8 yr old again, checking all the doors were locked and turning all the lights on was definately 28 Days Later.
Halloween and the Changeling were good. I didn't really care for the Wicker Man, I haven't seen the new one though. 28 Days later. Wasn't that about the Zombies or whatever... ??
Zombie movies really don't do anything for me...

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I was never a fan of Zombie movies either but 28 Days isn't strictly a zombie film, they're infected with a psychotic virus, it's definately a cut above the usual genre, check it out it's worth it.

posted on Jan, 19 2007 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by ubermunche
I was never a fan of Zombie movies either but 28 Days isn't strictly a zombie film, they're infected with a psychotic virus, it's definately a cut above the usual genre, check it out it's worth it.

Yeah,I've seen it... I just couldn't exactly remember what it was about. I saw it a couple of years ago. It's okay..

There are a lot of movies that some hoop and holler over that I don't really get that excited about. You have to be careful when I am critiquing a movie because if a movie doesn't live up to expectations,it's a let down to me.

A perfect example of what I am talking about are movies like The Grudge. Everyone said, "Oh, what a good movie!! You have got to see it!!" Okay, to be perfectly honest, the movie was okay,but no where near my favorite. The only thing that makes the movie remotely rewatchable, in my honest opinion, is Sarah Michelle Gellar.

posted on Jan, 19 2007 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I rechristened that movie-The Drudge, because it was.Lol

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by helen670
Old favourites are.......in no particular order!

IT (real bad,mad creepy clown,who hides in drains,pipes you name

The thing I've always disliked about IT was that it was nothing but a male bonding love fest. I half expect all of the guys to start making out while fighting Tim Curry. Rocky Horror 2 maybe?

Anyway, I've just watched Friday the 13th 6-10, and now Nightmare on Elm Street 4. These movies are too funny. The more absurd they are, the more I love them.

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420

Anyway, I've just watched Friday the 13th 6-10,

Yeah, I own Friday the 13th 1-8. I can remember how scared I used to get as a kid watching them. Now, I'm just like, WTF???:shk::shk: I don't know if its due to the fact that I have seen all of them about 200 times, or because I am older.

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I think it's because we've become jaded to the world, and some inbred backwoods hillbilly zombie with a hockey mask and an Oedipus complex just isn't scary anymore. Now we have real things to fear, like getting cancerous tumors from drinking Diet Coke, or suffocating because we sealed ourselves in our home with duct tape and plastic wrap.

And who am I kidding. I've always rooted for Jason.

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Halloween is the only horror film that still makes me jump.

And The Exorcist 3 still disturbs me lol.

I love the Cube movies, although i woulden't call them Horror.

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Right now I'm watching Return of the Living Dead. Definitely one of my all time favorites. The best part is how they really made the zombies unbeatable. You can't brain 'em because they don't need their brain to be alive.

I never really got what was up with the brain eating. I'm pretty sure I couldn't bite through someone's skull with a full set of living, working chompers. How's a dead dude supposed to bite through a skull with a set of decomposed teeth?

Plus, burning them only poses a bigger problem. It spreads the zombie plague wherever the smoke goes. It's awesome! So, what's the solution? Mass burial maybe? Who knows.

Anyway, great movie.

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 08:13 AM
link   
"The Shining" really works on an archetypal level.

There´s also a really, really old psychological one about this haunted house (with Karen Black)...but I forget the title. Its where they very slowly transform to the worse. That movie has stayed in my memory since childhood.

A recent movie I liked was 28 days later & 28 weeks later. I normally dont watch zombie-flicks, but these surprised me because they factor in good acting and "end of the world" sci-fi.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join