It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is Your Favorite Horror Movie

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 11:50 AM
link   
My favorite horror movie? Gotta be Halloween and The Shining. I also liked Dawn Of The Dead (the original not the remake).

-tts

[edit: Spelling]

[edit on 13-12-2006 by The_Truth_Seeker]

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Halloween is pretty good. I never quite understood what Michael Myers's disfunction was though..
Did his seeing his sister make love just cause his "self-righteous" mind to flip out, or what? I have often tried to figure that whole scenario out

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I think he's the physical incarnation of Samhein or something. That's why he can't die.

I've always wanted to see a beef between him and Jason Voorhees. I think they'd make a pretty even fight. It would be cool if Myers wins, then eats Jason's heart (as people have been known to do) Since Myers can't die, he'd be the perfect vessel for the Voorhees soul (a la Jason Goes to Hell)

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Raso, for some rason I always wanted to see a battle between Michael Myers and Freedy Krueger.. Jason Voorhees was the pimp back in the day...
but he is kind of old..

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Cannibal Holocaust
& The Shining!

Cannibal Holocaust was the real horror.I have seen it twice,not because I like it but it's too real of making.The beautiful music score was perfect and disturbed.

The Shining was perfected by photography.I like the way of camera moving,the zoom shot in the end sequel that's the most insane shooting technique.

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 03:51 PM
link   
@ Ekkavit

I am assuming that you are referencing the old version of The Shining with Jack Nicholsen in it? It's a great movie. The remake of it wasn't too good, but the old version is excellent.

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 12:03 AM
link   
One i saw the other day called Stay Alive was a bit creepy... namely because it was about a PC game killing you when you 'die' in game... and i die a lot in my PC games

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Heh. Stay Alive was cute. Didn't find it scary, but I enjoyed it as a fun romp.

I was a bit disappointed with Silent Hill recently, the games are some of my favourites and have caused some restless nights for me but the movie didn't nearly convey the primal dread one gets from playing . . . though it had the atmosphere and locations pretty accurate.

For movies that actually scared me . . . I'm going to go with an old one: Jacob's Ladder.

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Old favourites are.......in no particular order!

The Exorcist(original version)
The Omen(original version)
IT (real bad,mad creepy clown,who hides in drains,pipes you name it......Stephen King!
Most of Stephen King ...Pet Cemetary....
Rosemarys Baby......
Most of Dracula and Vampire movies......werewolves if you wish....

This 'horror' thing has been discussed in many other posts.
(dont mind me, I'm just getting De-javu)

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 07:52 AM
link   
I started watching horrors at the age of about 8-9.
All Nightmare on elm streets made me laugh but 2 movies I couldn't watch all the way through (at that age) were:
Candyman (the first one), creepy as hell.
The fly (remake with Jeff Goldblum), when he started peeling off his fingernails I wanted to puke, didn't scare me just grossed me out too much.

But now I must say, Saw 1,2 and hopefully 3 (when I see it) are great.
But the psycology of the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre really intrigues me, (the room full of aminal and human bone furnature) Just the thought that someone out there could do stuff like this kinda creeps me out...

Oh and i really like The Shining...

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 09:22 AM
link   
I have to say this, well, I have to ask this!
Why are so many people scared of the Shining?
I mean, isn't he just a mad man?
Is that the film by Stephen King?
Where Jack Nicholson runs around like a mad man in some mansion, chasing some woman and a kid(I think) with an Axe?
Or is that a chainsaw he has?
Anyway,is that scary?
hmmm,
I reckon I would smash someone if they came at me like that!
ok,
need some sleep.......I think!

helen

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I really like the movie Psycho (the original one). Didn't think it was scary but it is a great movie though. More of a psychological horror movie than a "slasher" type.

-tts

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I just want to point out that The Shining doesn't scare me, since candyman at the age of 9ish NO film has scared me, I don't fear films.
This thread is called FAVORITE horror films.

The most scary experiance i've ever had is a horror house in Blackpool (England) in which real people in costumes jump out and chase you, I got clawed across the chest by Freddy Kreuger and chased with a chainsaw by Jason Vorhees, also vampires, witches and even a demonic butcher with Meat Cleaver.
The Exocist girl jumps out of her bed and grabs your shoulder after you've been told to walk round her bed but makeing sure you're up against the wall. It's very dark in there and very creepy.

Even though you should know it's safe, you lose all sense of reality while your in there.
Oh and the real funny part is when you run out of the last door into a packed pub/bar panting and looking scared while everyone in the pub is laughing at you, they have also been watching you on a TV screen through part of it.

If you're ever in the area it's called "Pasaje del Terror" (french company I think)

Video is in Spanish but the company is worldwide.
Watch it to get an idea of how scary it is...

Video

[edit on 11-1-2007 by chris01621]

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 10:08 PM
link   
I don't know if they're my favorites, but I have always really liked two David Cronenberg movies from the late 70's.

Rabid and The Brood

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Digitalis_Purpurea

I was a bit disappointed with Silent Hill recently, the games are some of my favourites and have caused some restless nights for me but the movie didn't nearly convey the primal dread one gets from playing . . . though it had the atmosphere and locations pretty accurate.

For movies that actually scared me . . . I'm going to go with an old one: Jacob's Ladder.

Yeah, I went down and bought Silent Hill because my neice just swooned over the movie.
To be honest,I wasn't impressed with it either. I thought the movie was too long for it to have ended the way it did. In many respects, it reminded me a bit of Jacob's Ladder. I really didn't care for Jacob's Ladder either.

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I liked the Silent Hill movie, but then again I never played the games, I played res evil and them films sucked.
There will be a Silent Hill sequal I think, just to get it all resolved...

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by chris01621

Get what resolved? The woman and girl were dead and they just didn't realize it yet... There was nothing to resolve.

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Oh yes there is, you see the girl give an Evil smile as if she has the evil girls soul in her and now her power has spread...

Remember me when you see trailors for it, you heard it here first...

[edit on 12-1-2007 by chris01621]

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth

Originally posted by chris01621

Get what resolved? The woman and girl were dead and they just didn't realize it yet... There was nothing to resolve.

That was a main problem I had with the movie *sigh* I guess being a big fan of the games (with the exception of 4, which wasn't even meant to be SH, but got squeezed that way for some reason) made it far more annoying that the movie didn't seem to quite 'get' what Silent Hill was all about. Maybe if there's a sequel . . . .

A better choice would have been the second game, which had a more solid storyline and was far, far more psychological.

But I'm rambling, sorry.

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Alltime favourite movie will have to be the Exorcist and the Amityville horror!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join