It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill Richardson for President 2008

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
I'm a bit concerned about his need for approval, but he is a genuine, honest, caring guy from everything I've seen. He's also quite intelligent and an exceptional diplomat.

Guess you don't watch the news in New Mexico...

Bill has no respect for the law, or the citizenry of New Mexico... Imagine if he was the POTUS.

The speeding first was picked up on the political radar in 2003, when a Washington Post reporter, traveling with Richardson on the way to a political function, noted that the governor ordered his driver to go faster when they already were in excess of 100 mph.

www.freenewmexican.com...

The guy is a self aggrandizing prick... The only person he cares about is himself.

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mirthful Me
The guy is a self aggrandizing prick... The only person he cares about is himself.

Do you have any evidence of his "prickness" other than the fact he speeds occassionally? Do you know of anyone who never speeds?

Do you ever go above the speed limit? I know I do. Perhaps in your estimation that makes me a self aggrandizing prick who only cares about myself...

Oh, well... If speeding is his worst offense of the law, I think we'd be doing pretty good to have him as POTUS compared to what we've dealt with in the past.

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 12:58 PM
link   
There's speeding, and there's reckless endangerment.

Traveling at 100 mph is reckless endangerment; which is a felony (we won't even get into going faster). I didn't know dismissing felonious conduct in elected officials was kosher, even in the land of manana.
After all, what harm could there be in traveling over 100 mph in the state with the highest rate of uninsured, unlicensed, and intoxicated drivers. Sounds like good judgment to me. Maybe a week in the ER at UNMH would curb the Governor's predilection for speed and he could take up a more respectable political pastime; like young boys. I also find it interesting that such actions could be so easily dismissed as "harmless" and "everyone does it." Perhaps that explains why is was so hard to convict Gordon House.

For the record, I don't speed, I find the 75 mph limit in new Mexico quite adequate, and when I'm in other states, I respect the law there as well... But I'm just an ordinary citizen, not an important and privileged politician.

[edit on 17/12/2006 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I don't know if speeding makes him a self-agrandizing prick (to be honest, the term does aptly describe that first impression I'm waiting for him to dispell) but I know A LOT of people who never exceed 100mph.

I think there needs to be an understanding that politicians, if anything, need to hold themselves to the law MORE than the average person, because the inherently pompous act of CREATING said laws is an integral part of their job.

I'm not gonna make my mind up on the guy based on his driving record (even though that would have saved us a lot of trouble with Bush) but I do see it as indicative of a character flaw which has a place in evaluating how Richardson sees his job. It does to some extent mesh with my first impression that he was more about wanting the power than wanting to do something with it. That "I'm above the rules" attitude is something we need a lot less of in DC.

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mirthful Me[/i

I have met the Gov. and his wife in both business and social situations and he seemed caring, friendly, gracious, and accessible to even the most lowly New Mexican. I find that refreshing in a politician; rather than playing only to friendly supportive audiences.

He even signed my bass fiddle.

[edit on 17-12-2006 by whaaa]

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I wanted to point out that Richarson has announced his entrance into the 2008 elections, you can see the news HERE and HERE.

GO BILL!!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join